Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)

Muri

1 minute ago, SunIsUp said:

I said it before in this thread that Qveen Herby (Karmin) literally dropped two albums, 9 ep’s, mixtape, tons of singles and music videos while being independent after leaving Epic in 2014. So budget shouldn’t be a problem, she needs just to put the songs and even use her iPhone to shoot a cover. That’s it.

she's incredibly lazy, i'm sorry.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, SunIsUp said:

I said it before in this thread that Qveen Herby (Karmin) literally dropped two albums, 9 ep’s, mixtape, tons of singles and music videos while being independent after leaving Epic in 2014. So budget shouldn’t be a problem, she needs just to put the songs and even use her iPhone to shoot a cover. That’s it.

damn i didnt eve know that.. and karmin must be broker than bonnie mckee since they didnt have like what 5 plat singles. i feel like bonnie needs to face her fears and do it i assume its one of thsoe things wehre the more you sit on something the more you feel uncertain she needs to just shit it out and move onto new projects

• Like 1

Just now, onewish said:

damn i didnt even know that.. and karmin must be broker than bonnie mckee since they didnt have like what 5 plat singles. i feel like bonnie needs to face her fears and do it i assume its one of those things where the more you sit on something the more you feel uncertain she needs to just shit it out and move onto new projects

yes!!

i don't think bonnie is lazy exactly. i can't imagine how much it must hurt to want to be a big star and it not happen then work with one of the biggest stars ever and your own stuff not happen. and for your songs to do good when someone else is singing them and when you do not alot happens. i mean i know if you want it to happen you have to keep releasing not once every few years but i can imagine how much pain that put her through. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BonnieMcChicken said:

i don't think bonnie is lazy exactly. i can't imagine how much it must hurt to want to be a big star and it not happen then work with one of the biggest stars ever and your own stuff not happen. and for your songs to do good when someone else is singing them and when you do not alot happens. i mean i know if you want it to happen you have to keep releasing not once every few years but i can imagine how much pain that put her through. 

very true. but i feel like had the album dropped + had very good promotion, a good team, (and katy supporting her album publicly), she would've been well known.

Edited by bearsbummer
  • Like 2

Just now, BonnieMcChicken said:

But not releasing tracks on a regular also doesn't help her get visibility... she can't do two tracks every other year and expect to become a global superstar.. we need more even it's just a few singles per year like what Kim Pettras was doing before getting more visibility with songs like Future Starts Now 😕

• Like 1

is anyone else relieved that bonnie said she isnt scrapping the album because of the leaks, and is just waiting it out until theyre over to release? these rough demos cant hold a candle to final, finished masters. at this point all i want is a final mastered album from bonnie because at the ennd of the day everything the gays have here will leak in its multiple demo versions, but what isnt 100% is bonnies release of the album in its final mastered form, so i will be praying for that and those masters instead.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forever21 said:

But not releasing tracks on a regular also doesn't help her get visibility... she can't do two tracks every other year and expect to become a global superstar.. we need more even it's just a few singles per year like what Kim Pettras was doing before getting more visibility with songs like Future Starts Now 😕

but kim didn't get as close to it as bonnie and have it slip away. i'm sure seeing katy and being reminded about that sucks. and then when its your own voice it doesn't do good. she's probably really sad and scared to go through it again even though she knows the fans want this music. but it must also suck to know fans only really like this music and are not here as much for her newer music.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Forever21 said:

Agreed, she had so many opportunities to drop some projects… if she kept releasing music regularly after Bombastic she would have her gay fanbase while after these years people stopped being interested in her. Except us :yeah:

• Like 2

Just now, onewish said:

is anyone else relieved that bonnie said she isnt scrapping the album because of the leaks, and is just waiting it out until theyre over to release? these rough demos cant hold a candle to final, finished masters. at this point all i want is a final mastered album from bonnie because at the ennd of the day everything the gays have here will leak in its multiple demo versions, but what isnt 100% is bonnies release of the album in its final mastered form, so i will be praying for that and those masters instead.

Imagine the final mastered album, with the colorful visuals... blasting it out the windows while driving on a warm summer day... that's my dream really 😗

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, onewish said:

when did she say that? or am i forgetting something?

• Cypher changed the title to Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)