Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)

Muri

9 minutes ago, Dax Diameter said:

Okay, so “SLAY” slides in and connects real easily after “Easy”.. I’m not convinced it’s an accident.

Hmmm... i remember bonnie liked my comment on bombastic on me saying it should have been an album but what if... bombastic and epic album are together?? This small theory is far fetched and delulu but its a cute idea to consider but even i have my doubts about it tbh

• Like 1

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Dax Diameter said:

Do we think the sequence the ‘tapes’ are stacked, in Bonnie’s ‘vault’ - is an early clue as to the official track running order of the album?

d9JHPan.jpg

SQe0Wtc.jpg

PzHtVJf.jpg

01. Somebody [‘s Gonna Get Hurt]?
02. American Girl
03. Sleepwalker
04. Stars In Your Heart
05. California Winter
06. Bombastic
07. Wasted Youth
08. I Want It All
09. Easy 
10. SLAY
11. Forever 21
12. Hot City
13. I Wanna Fucking Call You
14. Rewind Your Heart
15. Everything But You
16. Electric Heaven

I'm pretty sure the Bombastic EP and the already released songs won't be included. What I'd assume is, as it was mentioned before, that they are visuals/mvs but that would be too ambitious from Ms. McKee - although very welcome! An Electric Heaven video would be just heavenly.

Also, this:

• She doesn't own publishing rights for American Girl, so that's off the window.
  • California Winter would make zero sense.
  • the Bombastic EP had already been released independently, so that would make no sense to include either.
  • the "Somebody" is referring to "Somebody", not "Somebody's Gonna Get Hurt".
  • if anything, the indicators of a tracklist would be the last 7 items in the list, starting with SLAY. it would make sense that SLAY is the opener, and that some tracks are missing (we still don't know everything set to be included, just some of them - i.e. Just a Kiss is pretty much confirmed and it wasn't included in that VHS teaser, probs implying there's no mv for that song).

The anticipation is killing me, 21st can't come faster and I feel that with the single there will be an announcement/pre-order, finally :yaskween: 

Edited by Ice Prince
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 1

36 minutes ago, Ice Prince said:

Hmm, on the original Epic timeline this album would have fallen in the aftermath of Meghan Trainor, bringing back that old-school Doo-Wop sound on “All About That Bass” (for the first time since the 1950’s).

It seems clear Bonnie was inspired by that track (plus it works in sequence). Sometimes I get the vibe she reads this thread, has seen our comments and this is her way of communicating the original Epic sequence to us.

So, because I genuinely like you as a person - it makes it extra hard for me to admit that on this occasion, I unfortunately find myself in disagreement with you regarding how I perceive these tracks.

Edited by Dax Diameter
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Ice Prince said:

I'm pretty sure the Bombastic EP and the already released songs won't be included. What I'd assume is, as it was mentioned before, that they are visuals/mvs but that would be too ambitious from Ms. McKee - although very welcome! An Electric Heaven video would be just heavenly.

Also, this:

• She doesn't own publishing rights for American Girl, so that's off the window.
  • the Bombastic EP had already been released independently, so that would make no sense to include either.
  • the "Somebody" is referring to "Somebody", not "Somebody's Gonna Get Hurt".
  • if anything, the indicators of a tracklist would be the last 7 items in the list, starting with SLAY. it would make sense that SLAY is the opener, and that some tracks are missing (we still don't know everything set to be included, just some of them - i.e. Just a Kiss is pretty much confirmed and it wasn't included in that VHS teaser, probs implying there's no mv for that song).

The anticipation is killing me, 21st can't come faster and I feel that with the single there will be an announcement/pre-order, finally :yaskween: 

She doesn’t own pub rights for all the songs, lol. She can still pull a JoJo and re-record American Girl 😆

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Dax Diameter said:

Hmm, on the original Epic timeline this album would have fallen in the aftermath of Meghan Trainor, bringing back that old-school Doo-Wop sound on “All About That Bass” (for the first time since the 1950’s).

It seems clear Bonnie was inspired by that track (plus it works in sequence). Sometimes I get the vibe she reads this thread, has seen our comments and this is her way of communicating the original Epic sequence to us.

So whilst I like you as a person, I am unfortunately in disagreement with you regarding my own perception of these tracks.

Oop I didn't clarify, sorry lol I see what you're coming from! I just meant a holiday song doesn't fit within the album. Who knows. And it's fine to disagree! In the end it's just perception so no big deal <3

6 minutes ago, AmandaLepore said:

She doesn’t own pub rights for all the songs, lol. She can still pull a JoJo and re-record American Girl 😆

I would love her to do so, but I wonder if she ultimately did. I mean, from the TikTok the other day (not the vault one) she said she re-recorded everything instead of trying to get the exact same masters from 10 years ago back... would American Girl be included? I feel like if it was, she would've pushed it as either the new lead single or a b-side to SLAY (in the end we all know AG so it would've been a great move) - unless she's planning on dropping it as an eventual single or a bonus track in the album, which I totally see it happening if she re-recorded it. It's like her signature song, she should do it!

• Like 1

I wonder if she had to re-record everything Epic releated, then how she released Sleepwalker and Stars In Your Heart after leaving the label? :detective: Sleepwalker is pretty much the same version we had for years, meanwhile SIYH is probably Epic version (cause if she had to re-record it it would be third one, first 2008 demo, then 2012-2013 Epic album ver, then 2016 one, but I doubt it she recorded it for the third time instead of SLAY). 

Edited by TakeYouToHell
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, TakeYouToHell said:

I wonder if she had to re-record everything Epic releated, then how she released Sleepwalker and Stars In Your Heart after leaving the label? :detective: Sleepwalker is pretty much the same version we had for years, meanwhile SIYH is probably Epic version (cause if she had to re-record it it would be third one, first 2008 demo, then 2012-2013 Epic album ver, then 2016 one, but I doubt it she recorded it for the third time instead of SLAY). 

IIRC she recorded "Sleepwalker" with Oligee before signing the Epic deal. Not sure about "Stars in Your Heart" though.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TakeYouToHell said:

i'm not sure about sleepwalker but i do remember years ago her saying she paid for stars in your heart herself. so that probably helped. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dax Diameter said:

Do we think the sequence the ‘tapes’ are stacked, in Bonnie’s ‘vault’ - is an early clue as to the official track running order of the album?

d9JHPan.jpg

SQe0Wtc.jpg

PzHtVJf.jpg

01. Somebody [‘s Gonna Get Hurt]?
02. American Girl
03. Sleepwalker
04. Stars In Your Heart
05. California Winter
06. Bombastic
07. Wasted Youth
08. I Want It All
09. Easy 
10. SLAY
11. Forever 21
12. Hot City
13. I Wanna Fucking Call You
14. Rewind Your Heart
15. Everything But You
16. Electric Heaven

Somebody is the 2004 song I asked her on TikTok myself, and no, they are all her previous music videos. 

• Like 1
  • LMAO 1

And afaik, Bonnie's openly said she can't re-release American Girl. I assume her manager didn't negotiate for her to be able to re-record songs released under Epic Records? But it could also be a publishing right thing, since for Sleepwalker specifically, it was never paid for publishing-wise, just a SoundCloud drop with a music video. 

However, Bonnie has said before that Sony "paid in full" for Somebody's Gonna Get Hurt, which was on that guy's website, and was allegedly set to release at one point. (I forget the source but it was posted on this forum by Tropicalian I think.) So if true, then Sony might've paid for the publishing rights of the song. (Cause she never clarified what "paid for in full" meant) This could prevent her from releasing and or re-recording SGGH, but we never know.

Edited by izzzyyy
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 1

2 hours ago, izzzyyy said:

Somebody is the 2004 song I asked her on TikTok myself, and no, they are all her previous music videos. 

I appreciate you have a valid point of view.  Though I happen to know a thing or two about sequencing music to a professional and commercial standard.

Having now listened to that complete 16 track sequence from start to finish (without preconception), it does not scan as the random/ jumbled collection of songs that it first appears to the naked eye.

Edited by Dax Diameter
  • LMAO 2
  • WTF 2

1 hour ago, Cypher said:

Can someone hack her harddrive and find her demo for Adam's "Cuckoo"? I need it alongside "Sleepwalker" for this year's Halloween.

Idk about hacking her harddrive for this but I'd love to hear the stems and recording sessions! Also for remixing purposes, but just to hear her vocals and everything sounds so cool to me! 

• Like 1

• Cypher changed the title to Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)