Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)

Muri

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Jennys Girlfriend said:

Safe to expect these to be full reproductions (maybe we'll get her to reteam with some former collabs, but still), so they will sound different and likely more organic. Let's keep our expectations in check in this regard and understand that she likely isn't able to singularly reproduce the exact same sound, but I'm sure they'll be amazing and will be fully her and therefore, I'll be streaming and promoting regardless! 

ok but why did your ‘source’ say Hot City was the single lol

• LMAO 4

Just waiting for the official drop and that one dumb bitch to say “I prefer the original, so I’m sticking with that and won’t be streaming this but good luck anyway”. 😴

I’ve already seen someone who clearly does not know she went back to the original producers - ignorantly assume this is going to be ‘badly mixed’ and was re-swizzled by some random, drunk-dial, budget producer from Craigslist.  

Before anyone decides that is going to be their hot-take and how they are going to approach this (very exciting) forthcoming era, I’m putting it out to the universe that I for one, am already over foolish comments of that nature and I believe as a collective, we should all be on a guard against them!

• Like 2

Do we think the sequence the ‘tapes’ are stacked, in Bonnie’s ‘vault’ - is an early clue as to the official track running order of the album?

d9JHPan.jpg

SQe0Wtc.jpg

PzHtVJf.jpg

01. Somebody [‘s Gonna Get Hurt]?
02. American Girl
03. Sleepwalker
04. Stars In Your Heart
05. California Winter
06. Bombastic
07. Wasted Youth
08. I Want It All
09. Easy 
10. SLAY
11. Forever 21
12. Hot City
13. I Wanna Fucking Call You
14. Rewind Your Heart
15. Everything But You
16. Electric Heaven

Edited by Dax Diameter

33 minutes ago, Dax Diameter said:

Do we think the sequence the ‘tapes’ are stacked, in Bonnie’s ‘vault’ - is an early clue as to the official track running order of the album?

d9JHPan.jpg

SQe0Wtc.jpg

PzHtVJf.jpg

01. Somebody
02. American Girl
03. Sleepwalker
04. Stars In Your Heart
05. California Winter
06. Bombastic
07. Wasted Youth
08. I Want It All
09. Easy 
10. SLAY
11. Forever 21
12. Hot City
13. I Wanna Fucking Call You
14. Rewind Your Heart
15. Everything But You
16. Electric Heaven

I think these are just the music videos that she has shot, throughout the years, in chronological order. I mean, why would she include the Bombastic EP and Somebody (which is from 2004) in this "From the Vault" album?

Edited by nanapop99
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, nanapop99 said:

I think these are just the music videos that she has shot, throughout the years, in chronological order. I mean, why would she include the Bombastic EP and Somebody (which is from 2004) in this "From the Vault" album?

Hmm, She is presenting sixteen tracks together as a self contained group.

Why create an artificial exclusion for some songs she is visually presenting to us now - as a whole?

.. Who can really say what the original intention for those tracks was, before she got dropped and instead released the E.P 🤷🏼‍♀️

Edited by Dax Diameter
  • WTF 1

35 minutes ago, nanapop99 said:

Does this mean she has seven music videos ready to go!?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cypher said:

My Magic 8 Ball sometimes gives me wonky answers too. :yeah:

lol no magic 8 ball, I had what I thought was a great source on the Hot City thing. I DID hear a new song from this source that I'd never seen posted/mentioned in this thread before and (in haste) shared what I heard here. But I removed on second thought when I didn't want to a) implicate that source and/or b) post false info I couldn't verify. Trust me, wasn't trying to mislead. Only ever been supportive of Bonnie and this group and will continue to be! ✌️

35 minutes ago, Dax Diameter said:

Who can really say what the original intention for those tracks was, before she got dropped and instead released the E.P 🤷🏼‍♀️

She said multiple times that the song "Bombastic" was written after she got dropped by Epic as a big fuck you to the music industry so I would like to assume that these are music videos since she put the song titles on VHS tapes. But who knows? Maybe I am wrong and only Bonnie knows the truth :awkwardney:

38 minutes ago, Leaving said:

Does this mean she has seven music videos ready to go!?

Knowing her, she probably has an entire movie worth of shelved music videos ready to go 🤣

• Like 1
  • Shook 1

Yeah, given that the past single titles on the VHS tapes are pretty much in order of release (apart from Stars in Your Heart and California Winter being swapped – although the Stars video was recorded first) I’m pretty sure this is a clue as to what singles to expect from the forthcoming album.

If we get videos for Forever 21, Hot City, IWFCY, Rewind Your Heart, Everything But You and Electric Heaven my wig will permanently leave this planet.

Okay, so “SLAY” slides in and connects real easily after “Easy”.. I’m not convinced it’s an accident.

Wow, “Forever 21” works good after “SLAY” and that tempo increase from there into “Hot City”, is so smooth.

Edited by Dax Diameter
  • Like 1

• Cypher changed the title to Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)