Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)

Muri

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

42 minutes ago, BonnieMcChicken said:

to be fair she also said it's coming in june of last year. i want a june/whatever day/2023 and then i will be very excited. 

june 21st 2023 lol, as somebody has already said

Edited by izzzyyy
  • Like 1
  • Pissed 1

3 hours ago, Volcanion said:

I’d be more excited if it hadn’t been almost two years since Slay leaked 

To be fair, isn’t it less than one year since the final version with the “1999” line leaked (that everyone knew existed and everyone begged for)?  Aside from a few gays, who even knows it’s “out there”?

Whilst some may have uploaded it to YouTube, I’m not entirely convinced the collective viewing figures of “S.L.A.Y.”, are large enough or would negate from its potential to be a hit.

Perhaps not in the upper echelons of the mainstream/ overall Billboard Hot 100, but it could still make a substantial dent on various influential and somewhat ‘cool’ Spotify playlists, that from the amount of ‘likes’ those playlists have - would clearly suggest a lot of listeners return to on a regular, cyclical basis for their latest updated fix.

Yes, we all have our favorite other Bonnie songs, but I believe in our heart of hearts we all instinctively and collectively know “S.L.A.Y.” Is that girl we have to get behind, with the strongest chance of mainstream metric impact (leading to play share count), whilst Bonnie increases her profile amongst civilians that stretch way beyond a few hundred gays spread over some pop forums.

I respect (and I do totally get) that for a very long time now, the conversation surrounding Bonnie has always been one thing (her seeming failure to want to launch on her own terms)..

Well, frankly in the last few days (and in spite of all the time that has elapsed before that).. we have just arrived at the door of a brand new era and cycle of Bonnie’s life and career in music and some of you need to stop lingering out in the yard, clinging to those years, pouring scorn and get with the new era and new program!

As tech savvy gays, you need to take a deep breath, touch the grass, and realise you now have a brand new genuine potential to make a real difference in the wider context, as to how Bonnie is perceived by radio programmers, content creators and those tastemakers who influence Spotify playlist inclusion!

I propose that collectively (as a fanbase), we gear up in preparation for “S.L.A.Y”s official release date by phoning up our local radio stations and requesting they play the track and build exposure to it (amongst civilians), from a grassroots level up!

I’m not sure how we can strong arm and convince Spotify to include it in as many demographically appropriate key playlists as possible, therefore it would not do any harm to review the streaming rules, adapt accordingly and then (after it’s official June drop) - stream the fuck out of “S.L.A.Y” on all platforms - from which chart share in your region gets measured and generally use our socials to depict and represent Bonnie (in context of “S.L.A.Y.”), as the coolest, hottest, hippest act ever in the entire history of the music charts!

.. I literally do not see any other way as to how we can unite, come together as one and generate the groundswell of support/ momentum necessary in the lead up to (and from) the moment “S.L.A.Y.” actually, officially drops within the framework of its official 2023 timeline/ release date, give the track legs and make this moment in Pop happen!

Other fanbases have learned how to augment the system in support of their faves, I believe we should now be collectively working in co-operation, focussed around this one goal in support of Queen Bonnie!

• Like 2
  • YAAASSS 1

7 hours ago, Volcanion said:

I’d be more excited if it hadn’t been almost two years since Slay leaked 

fair, but there's still upcoming's on the album that haven't leaked and idk if the 20k thing is real or not but we gotta stream if we wanna hear those.

• Like 1

Does anyone know if Bonnie has any other videos from the Epic album in the vault? It would be so cool to see them after all of this time. It was such a treat when she released "Stars in Your Heart" years later.

We know there's at least one that she mentioned in the "Breaking Bonnie" series...

breaking-bonnie.2023-06-05 10_30_20.gif

I remember seeing a rumour that it was for "Worst in Me" but no idea if that's true or not.

• Like 1

I don't care what date it's released on so long as it's a Friday! Or a Saturday. Any other day of the week doesn't seem right to me. So long as it's a Friday in the summer, I really could care less if she released it in June, July, August or early September (it should be a summer month). I mean I do like the idea of Bonnie dropping the album on June 25th for nostalgic purposes, but I won't be too butthurt if it doesn't get released on that date. 

• Like 1

I decided I was bored and needed to street team for Bonnie (I can only do so much on my own).

I remembered that emails can handle attachments that are 25 mb (or less) and had a brainwave to remove all metadata from the final “S.L.A.Y” file, and painstakingly found 25 internal email addresses for 25 different radio stations in my world region.

I then wrote the below email from an old email account (and attached the “S.L.A.Y” file to it), it does not need to be the biblical truth, it only needs to act as P.R. to spark interest in Bonnie amongst radio programmers:

I suggest everyone here do the same:  

————————————————————————————

Hey you guys at [insert radio station] FM!

Do you remember Katy Perry from back in the day, like before her music turned really shit?

Well, guess what? the reason Katy’s music got so bad ever since she released that “Bon Appètit” bull crap is because her best songwriter who wrote most of the good stuff that came before it - left her to move on to pastures new!

That songwriter is called Bonnie McKee and she’s about to launch as a solo artist in her own right (street impact date June 21st), with this track (that is of a standard that Katy can no longer meet without her) - I am attaching Bonnie’s “S.L.A.Y”  with this email. 

As a member of the public and an enthusiastic listener of your station, I humbly ask that you please consider adding “S.L.A.Y” to your playlist during your peak time “drive time” music schedule, you will clearly hear how it will slot right in there with the Pop demographic and A/C market segment of the [specific radio station] audience.

love & Kisses,

The baby Jesus xx

————————————————————————————

* insert your own name of choice

Please resist the fake smart temptation to be regional. we need to be on the same page with this one track!

Edited by Dax Diameter
  • Like 4
  • LMAO 1

• Cypher changed the title to Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)