Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)

Muri

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, reflection said:

some of her responses are a little saddening :/ she probably meant so far it isn't her year, and in another comment she said she's not here to win but just to play. I hope she gets a little confidence boost once the album is out. I always thought if she consistently released under a smaller label who could help her out with some promo she'd have a strong indie position in the market. even as is she's still in a far better position than most artists out there.

it’s always mixed signals with bonnie. i want to root for her but it’s difficult to believe she has the masters. i think a lot of industry people will support her when and if new music is announced. you can tell she gets really in her head thinking about her artist career.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, wordswithsam said:

So pleased. I don’t know why some people blame her for being stonewalled by old labels, former acquaintances and corporate lawyer’s.

That stuff obviously takes time, none of it is dealt with on a pre-determined timeline and all of it is intended to take place well away from the public arena.

Reminding people she identifies as an indie artist merely drops the subtlest of reminders as to the path she has been forced to walk and is now comfortable taking.

One day, if she ever fully breaks free from the various NDA’s that were once a minefield in front of her and actually gets the opportunity to release her full un-redacted memoir, then some of y’all are going to be embarrassed for not hanging on in there and patiently waiting.

Edited by Dax Diameter

• Cypher changed the title to Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)