Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)

Muri

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Leaving said:

But I wonder what the first single would be? Other than American Girl which came out 10 years ago of course...

I believe it's going to be S.L.A.Y. although I'd prefer I Wanna Fucking Call You which is just the best of the best imo.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Dax Diameter said:

Surely it has to be “S.L.A.Y.” (or one of the tracks that has a long since paid for, yet still unreleased video)?

Slay is the single she’s confirmed a million times + she filmed a whole video for it last Summer

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Leaving said:

I thought maybe the leak might have stopped that :orly: But given she's releasing it for pride month, SLAY would make sense

Nahh she would’ve cancelled a long time ago if she cared about leaks. Most of the tracklist is leaked

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Dax Diameter said:

So pleased. I don’t know why some people blame her for being stonewalled by old labels, former acquaintances and corporate lawyer’s.

That stuff obviously takes time, none of it is dealt with on a pre-determined timeline and all of it is intended to take place well away from the public arena.

Reminding people she identifies as an indie artist merely drops the subtlest of reminders as to the path she has been forced to walk and is now comfortable taking.

One day, if she ever fully breaks free from the various NDA’s that were once a minefield in front of her and actually gets the opportunity to release her full un-redacted memoir, then some of y’all are going to be embarrassed for not hanging on in there and patiently waiting.

I think I've said this a couple times but the reason why some of us are tired is because she kept saying "omg it's coming guys!" for years instead of talking the truth from the beginning (she had legal issues to fix in order to get the rights of the songs, which she eventually revealed). Maybe an "it's coming!" is more honest after winning the legal things first, but we didn't know she was in the middle of that some years ago, until like 2021-22 iirc.

Of course I'm comprehensive with independent artists (I'm a fan of many indie artists) but the not knowing why there were no releases for a while is what made me have trust issues with her.

And for sure, I'll be all here for it when she comes back and releases the album and future releases too, just hoping that she is more transparent about it, as she has been in the latest months.

• Like 2
  • LMAO 1

13 minutes ago, Jennys Girlfriend said:

Won't say how I got this tea but I did, completely by accident.

1. It's really coming in June. Like really.

2. First single is Hot City. There's a video filmed and everything.

3. The album is a mix of old a new. There's a song on it called Snatched, which I believe will be a single (and likely collab), and which I heard with my own two ears. It's SO GOOD.

Yes it's been 10 years but I couldn't respect Bonnie more for all it takes to do what she is doing right now.

bonnie please release lipstick revolution and worst in me  :fishie:

• Shook 1

13 minutes ago, tropicalian said:

Won't say how I got this tea but I did, completely by accident.

1. It's really coming in June. Like really.

2. First single is Hot City. There's a video filmed and everything.

3. The album is a mix of old a new. There's a song on it called Snatched, which I believe will be a single (and likely collab), and which I heard with my own two ears. It's SO GOOD.

Yes it's been 10 years but I couldn't respect Bonnie more for all it takes to do what she is doing right now.

Good, now my anxiety is through the roof. Slay and F21 have to be coming too right? 

• Cypher changed the title to Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)