Sugababes

Main Pop Girl

On 10/24/2022 at 8:03 PM, metalsnake25 said:

I've been trying to find it lol, from what I found out Heidi recorded the song as a solo demo when she was working with their management team 1st Avenue but when it was passed to them her background vocals were kept on the song.

I thought at first that she had been in that band too at some point. Heidi, queen of being in every girlsbands. There even was a ludicrous rumour saying she would replace Victoria in the Spice Girls for the 2019 shows. :cackle:

-----

New lineup incoming ? :orly:

That's a cute moment and the fan does a great job. He must have had the time of his life.

Anyways, I love promisses with their grown up voices.

On 10/20/2022 at 2:04 PM, Leaving said:

Siobhan sounds great there. I still can't help but wonder what her, Mutya, Keisha and Heidi would sound like harmonizing together 🤔

Personally I'm pretty satisfied with the current lineup but the last video shows that adding one voice doesn't kill the balance of their vocals. Plus Heidi harmonized very well with Mutya and Keisha so that should be great.

Edited by sunshineslave
  • YAAASSS 1

5 minutes ago, Heartbreak Anthem said:

Not bad... but why did Mutya switch which verse she sings? Did she always want the first verse over Heidi?

I think they just changed it because it worked better with Mutya beginning. They did the same with 2 hearts. Plus it's probably tastier to have things switched up from time to time to not have Siobhan replacing Heidi in every single song. It's also probably better to start the show with someone who was originaly in that first song.

Edited by sunshineslave

20 hours ago, sunshineslave said:

I knew Too Lost in You was popular among fans but I didn't know it charted this well. It even beat Freak Like Me. Was it because of it featuring in Bridget Jones' OST or something ? The way Get Sexy and Girls did better than Overload at some point is past me....thank god it climbed back:cry:

----

Keisha saying  "Thank you for your support, celebrating every line up of the Sugababes" :

Her and Mutya have also been saying that they will be getting Today on streaming SOON.

I don't know what we could expect, will it only be a single upload on streaming services ? I think we can safely say that we're not getting new music soon nor old unreleased music promoted as new. Maybe an EP or even a mixtape with the best MKS tracks would be the best moove to please the fan who've been supporting them for so long, bringing the amazing work to the world, and still keeping the momentum for when they would release a new single and album when they're ready (might be in a few months).

An EP would be great! But I feel like there were so much strong material they could easily make a 10 track mixtape kind of thing to upload to streaming. I would rather have new stuff from them, but this would be a nice way to acknowledge that era and give us something to tide us over until another album.

• Like 1

On 10/27/2022 at 5:43 PM, sunshineslave said:

I don't know what we could expect, will it only be a single upload on streaming services ? I think we can safely say that we're not getting new music soon nor old unreleased music promoted as new. Maybe an EP or even a mixtape with the best MKS tracks would be the best moove to please the fan who've been supporting them for so long, bringing the amazing work to the world, and still keeping the momentum for when they would release a new single and album when they're ready (might be in a few months).

I feel like someone mindful of the boring, technical detail needs to go beyond the surface and grab the opportunity in no uncertain terms to let them know that the leaks were all LQ, that some were distorted, volume levels and equalisation were all over the place and almost no-one has been able to enjoy them fully due to zero perspective, prejudicial and schizophrenic, fan logic track sequencing.

For all the above reasons the tracks still do have commercial value once presented in Sequenced, HQ and fully mastered format. Though I do get that from the perspective of a stand alone album release, that the sequencing involved only goes so far and barely scratches the surface in context of all the other tracks.

Edited by Dax Diameter
  • Like 3

On 10/30/2022 at 8:38 PM, Dax Diameter said:

I feel like someone mindful of the boring, technical detail needs to go beyond the surface and grab the opportunity in no uncertain terms to let them know that the leaks were all LQ, that some were distorted, volume levels and equalisation were all over the place and almost no-one has been able to enjoy them fully due to zero perspective, prejudicial and schizophrenic, fan logic track sequencing.

For all the above reasons the tracks still do have commercial value once presented in Sequenced, HQ and fully mastered format. Though I do get that from the perspective of a stand alone album release, that the sequencing involved only goes so far and barely scratches the surface in context of all the other tracks.

Very true! I think it there's a market for a remastered version of One Touch, there's definitely a market for a proper release of the MKS sessions. Obviously it's never going to be a #1 hit album but I still think their fans would buy it up.

5 hours ago, metalsnake25 said:

I would love to see them put out a rarities/unreleased collection, there's still more tracks from One Touch we haven't heard as of yet.

Do you think they'll keep doing anniversary re-releases for their albums? If so, wouldn't we be getting something for their second album this year? 👀 I wonder if there are even tracks they recorded with Siobhan for a second album before she left the group...

• Like 1

On 10/30/2022 at 10:38 AM, Dax Diameter said:

We definitely need the material in HQ and I want to know how they would sequence the MKS stuff as an album. I think we're not getting Love In Stereo as it would be a Bananarama cover now but we need all the other hot stuff they recorded in good quality. Personally I would even be up for a double album/mixtape but I don't think that's gonna happen. 

1 hour ago, Leaving said:

Very true! I think it there's a market for a remastered version of One Touch, there's definitely a market for a proper release of the MKS sessions. Obviously it's never going to be a #1 hit album but I still think their fans would buy it up.

Do you think they'll keep doing anniversary re-releases for their albums? If so, wouldn't we be getting something for their second album this year? 👀 I wonder if there are even tracks they recorded with Siobhan for a second album before she left the group...

There's definitely going to be market for the MKS album especially since it's strong material. I'm pretty sure the reviews will be rave for that body of work.

As for the rerelease of Angels with dirty faces I don't see it happening or if they do, I don't think they would promote it with more than social media posts. I really think Heidi's presence is not in the books, and it would be weird to have MKS promote a 2.0 album. I don't think anyone would be at ease with that. One Touch's anniversary was a great opportunity because the current lineup is the lineup who made this album. It was a proper way to celebrate how the band started. I really don't see the lineups changing again multiple times to match the anniversaries of the albums.

The rerelease could work if they don't promote it specifically. As I said, a little promo on social media including messages thanking Heidi for her contribution would work. I would be up for it if the rerelease includes interesting stuff and is not just a cash grab. 

Edited by sunshineslave
  • Like 1

I don’t think anyone in either camp ever anticipated the “One Touch” reissue would outsell “The Essential Sugababes” compilation (both were released on the same day).

These unexpected reverse sales patterns will not be lost on Universal Island and they DO have the rights to use the Sugababes name for catalogue product.

Usually when artists have fulfilled contract obligations and moved on goodwill discussions will still take place with management to ensure that the release of catalogue product is staggered and dates are timed apart (between different labels).

I wouldn’t rule out an “Angels” re-pack with a second disc of demos from the Lucas Secon sessions, the unheard Richard X/ Whitney Mashup and some remixes (at some point). It is afterall (by far) the biggest selling album in the groups entire catalogue (regardless of lineup) and is only around 70,000 copies away from being a Million seller! A reissue has the potential to push it over that sales marker.

That said, I don’t think an “Angels” reissue was part of Universal Islands original agenda when “Essential Sugababes” was released, but having since digested the shock of London/ Warner’s “One Touch” (which was never originally a big seller) - that in reissue form, outsold a cheaper compilation with every Island era Hit, that was supposed to be irresistible to casuals.. I wouldn’t rule an “Angels” re-pack out.

Particularly as one of the individuals from the group’s old management (who helped co-ordinate the “Essential” release through Universal), also happens to be someone well known to the fan base who was rumoured to only have got hold of and originally leaked the MKS tracks to fans. Bizarrely attaining them from Polydor allegedly through liaisons that officially only even occurred due to a shared vested interest in Becky Hill (of all people).

Edited by Dax Diameter
Grammar
  • Like 2

Didn't go through all the posts but I read they're the support act for Take That at the HP concert, wonder if it's the og lineup and if they'll release something new. 

A bit ot, but I've always been obsessed  with the Soul Seekerz edit Remix of Mutya's song with the Amy Winehouse sample 'b boy baby' don't know why but there's something in that song that makes me want to shake my ass really hard. 

• YAAASSS 1

16 hours ago, Leaving said:

As much as I would love for it to happen, I don't think it will happen anytime soon which is a bummer.

From my what I have heard I don't think anything was recorded with Siobhan for a potential second album prior to her departure. The girls were still planning on promoting One Touch through the rest of 2001 and I heard they might've possibly traveled to the US for further promotion, but Siobhan's departure and Heidi's arrival cut that short.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Dax Diameter said:

I don’t think anyone in either camp ever anticipated the “One Touch” reissue would outsell “The Essential Sugababes” compilation (both were released on the same day).

These unexpected reverse sales patterns will not be lost on Universal Island and they DO have the rights to use the Sugababes name for catalogue product.

Usually when artists have fulfilled contract obligations and moved on goodwill discussions will still take place with management to ensure that the release of catalogue product is staggered and dates are timed apart (between different labels).

I wouldn’t rule out an “Angels” re-pack with a second disc of demos from the Lucas Secon sessions, the unheard Richard X/ Whitney Mashup and some remixes (at some point). It is afterall (by far) the biggest selling album in the groups entire catalogue (regardless of lineup) and is only around 70,000 copies away from being a Million seller! A reissue has the potential to push it over that sales marker.

That said, I don’t think an “Angels” reissue was part of Universal Islands original agenda when “Essential Sugababes” was released, but having since digested the shock of London/ Warner’s “One Touch” (which was never originally a big seller) - that in reissue form, outsold a cheaper compilation with every Island era Hit, that was supposed to be irresistible to casuals.. I wouldn’t rule an “Angels” re-pack out.

Particularly as one of the individuals from the group’s old management (who helped co-ordinate the “Essential” release through Universal), also happens to be someone well known to the fan base who was rumoured to only have got hold of and originally leaked the MKS tracks to fans. Bizarrely attaining them from Polydor allegedly through liaisons that officially only even occurred due to a shared vested interest in Becky Hill (of all people).

In a perfect world it would be great if the girls had ownership of the masters from albums 2 to 5. The amount of material there is from those albums!! I've heard there was about 70 songs recorded for the Three.

I know it's been said that this song was recorded right after Siobhan's departure and before Heidi's arrival but I wonder if that's even accurate? I have a feeling it was recorded during the Three sessions, Keisha doesn't even remember recording it haha.

The song was later released in 2004 by artist Malu under the title "Jugar Con Fuego (Take It Low)"

19 hours ago, sunshineslave said:

We definitely need the material in HQ and I want to know how they would sequence the MKS stuff as an album. I think we're not getting Love In Stereo as it would be a Bananarama cover now but we need all the other hot stuff they recorded in good quality. Personally I would even be up for a double album/mixtape but I don't think that's gonna happen. 

There's definitely going to be market for the MKS album especially since it's strong material. I'm pretty sure the reviews will be rave for that body of work.

As for the rerelease of Angels with dirty faces I don't see it happening or if they do, I don't think they would promote it with more than social media posts. I really think Heidi's presence is not in the books, and it would be weird to have MKS promote a 2.0 album. I don't think anyone would be at ease with that. One Touch's anniversary was a great opportunity because the current lineup is the lineup who made this album. It was a proper way to celebrate how the band started. I really don't see the lineups changing again multiple times to match the anniversaries of the albums.

The rerelease could work if they don't promote it specifically. As I said, a little promo on social media including messages thanking Heidi for her contribution would work. I would be up for it if the rerelease includes interesting stuff and is not just a cash grab. 

Yeah, I definitely can't see Siobhan promoing an AWDF re-release on her Instagram stories :cackle: But I guess @Dax Diameter is right that their old label is the one with the rights to that music, so if they still have a decent working relationship with the girls we could possibly get something. I feel like some of the decision to release something may come down to Siobhan in that case...Would she even make money from an AWDF re-release? Maybe just for the use of the Sugababes name? :orly: 

3 hours ago, metalsnake25 said:

I know it's been said that this song was recorded right after Siobhan's departure and before Heidi's arrival but I wonder if that's even accurate? I have a feeling it was recorded during the Three sessions, Keisha doesn't even remember recording it haha.

The song was later released in 2004 by artist Malu under the title "Jugar Con Fuego (Take It Low)"

I haven't heard this one before! I love the guitar part...It definitely should have been on one of the Heidi albums. I can imagine her vocals on the top harmony for sure.