Sugababes

Main Pop Girl

13 hours ago, sunshineslave said:

I think Hole in the head has been on all the band's setlist since it's been released including the 2013 MKS tour and the summer festival tour this year. You might have been talking about another song.

The song is Red Dress and they did something great with it. It was available on someone's story on Instagram but it isn't anymore. 🥲 Is that the song you were talking about because I believe both Mutya and Keisha hated it. It is even more suprising that these two agreed to sing it than Siobhan actually. 

Yeah I saw that. It is a pretty great setlist overall. I'm just slightly disappointed because they teased "many surprises" that I supposed weren't already on their summer tour. 

I'm pretty sure some songs will rotate during the tour with Caught in a moment, Run for Cover, replacing others and maybe some new stuff ?  

I'm afraid they're not there yet for including Ace reject, but if they sang Red Dress and About You now, I'm pretty sure we'll get it one day. They know the fans love it.

Those are the new ones compared to the summer tour :
Red Dress
- 2 Hearts
- Love Me Hard
- Same Old Story (Interlude)
- Garage Medley
- About You Now (longer version with a verses from Mutya and Siobhan)

I'm pretty happy with these additions even tough I agree that there could be more obvious inclusion and even more surprising choices.

Do you guys know if same old story featured I lay down mashup like in the teaser they posted on Instagram ? Did they actually sing ? What about the Garage Mashup ? I believe these were covers but I don't know which song for sure. 

From the videos I've seen I believe her vocals sounded better than this summer. 

Her replacement of Heidi on 2 hearts is heaven sent. She sounds raspy but her voice has always been (that's what I love about it).

Yes, I was definitely thinking of Red Dress! Idk why I get so confused with all their song titles but this is like the fifth mistake I've made in this thread so sorry for always confusing you all :stretcher: I found a few videos up on YouTube now. Keisha and Mutya sound amazing although I don't think this version of the chorus is as good as the studio :/ 

Mutya definitely sounds better in those videos than she did at the festival shows. I loooove her raspy tone too but it sounded like she was maybe dehydrated or smoking or something for those festivals because her voice was barely there in some of those songs. As long as she's taking good care of that beautiful voice I'm happy <3 I hope they're able to bring back that extra ad-lib ("there oughta beee a waaaayeaayeaaaveee) she used to do in Flatline too!

2 hours ago, Heartbreak Anthem said:

The hate "Run for Cover" continues to get is unacceptable.

Do people not like that song? I think the MNEK remix is even high up on their Spotify playlist so I kind of assumed they would be performing it on this tour 🤔

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Leaving said:

Mutya definitely sounds better in those videos than she did at the festival shows. I loooove her raspy tone too but it sounded like she was maybe dehydrated or smoking or something for those festivals because her voice was barely there in some of those songs. As long as she's taking good care of that beautiful voice I'm happy <3 I hope they're able to bring back that extra ad-lib ("there oughta beee a waaaayeaayeaaaveee) she used to do in Flatline too!

I may be so used to 3.0, but I'm not loving either Mutya or Siobhan on "Red Dress" at all... plus, the band is too loud over the girls.

21 minutes ago, Leaving said:

Do people not like that song? I think the MNEK remix is even high up on their Spotify playlist so I kind of assumed they would be performing it on this tour 🤔

No clue. I know I'm not a use fan of the MNEK remix, either. The original is perfect.

23 hours ago, Heartbreak Anthem said:

I may be so used to 3.0, but I'm not loving either Mutya or Siobhan on "Red Dress" at all... plus, the band is too loud over the girls.

No clue. I know I'm not a use fan of the MNEK remix, either. The original is perfect.

Personally I could listen to Mutya singing the phone book, so I'm happy with hearing her back on Red Dress :cackle: But I just don't think Siobhan can pull off those sexy sassy songs so well, in the same way as Heidi probably couldn't pull off Flatline

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Leaving said:

Personally I could listen to Mutya singing the phone book, so I'm happy with hearing her back on Red Dress :cackle: But I just don't think Siobhan can pull off those sexy sassy songs so well, in the same way as Heidi probably couldn't pull off Flatline

Same! I completely agree; Siobhán is a different vibe to Heidi. For me, Siobhán does better on the lower notes and Heidi is better in the upper register.

On 10/8/2022 at 6:41 PM, Man Down said:

I'd like hear Siobhan say that she was "bullied" by Keisha straight out of her mouth, because from the Siobhan video interviews out there - there isn't a single one where she says so, what she does say is that they did not get along - which a person with a bit of sense will know aren't the same thing. Didn't journalists also claim that Jade "was afraid of Keisha" too, and when Keisha confronted her about it - Jade said that she never said such thing?

Didn't Mutya also call Heidi a "backstabber" on a tweet, as well as saying that she "wasn't surprised a bit by Heidi's actions", when Keisha was withdrawn from the group"?

It surprises me that Mutya outed the group and never contacted Heidi again, then Keisha was withdrawn from the group by her and Amelle - and she never made peace with them, and then when the final line-up disbanded - Jade never again seemed to contact both of them at all. Yet, Keisha seems to be the problem? Come on now.

There was a point in time immediately after “Get Sexy” promotion was complete, when Amelle had a nervous breakdown (down to her ego being denied as opposed to being a victim of bullying) and she checked into a health retreat/ wellness clinic in Switzerland.  

With her gone for treatment, Keisha and Heidi were left to give performances of then exclusive, unreleased material from the original incarnation of the “Sweet 7” album on MSN Live.

Amelle’s mental health had become a source of interest for the UK press with the paparazzi attempting to attain photos of her swimming semi nude in a Swiss lake.

When the trio reconvened in LA for the “About a Girl” shoot, interest from the U.K. press hit fever pitch and the UK press (including “Heart” Radio), went to Siobhan for comment). Those comments were printed (in quotations) by Cosmopolitan Magazine. Cosmopolitan is a respected publication not considered to be part of the tabloid press.

https://www.cosmopolitan.com/uk/entertainment/news/a7106/keisha-bully-claims-94296/

However, it should be noted Siobhan was recounting her perspective (at that point), of then unresolved, eight year old petty teenage squabbles that had been left to percolate (and exacerbated by the fact she and Keisha had barely seen each other between 2001 - 2009).

It was the very next year, 2010 (directly after Siobhan gave that media quote), that she and Keisha (along with Mutya) met and thrashed out there differences at a hotel, which later paved the way for work commencing between the original trio in 2011.

I therefore do not believe Keisha was ever a “bully”, all teenagers have disagreements!  Separately, the Amelle situation was something else..

————————————————————————————

Regarding Amelle (and the events as they pertained to her in 2009), there was a behind the scenes contractual disagreement pertaining to percentages (not of royalty division, that had always been three way and none of them had any writing royalties from “Sweet 7” anyway).

Owing to the duration of Keisha’s tenure since the start of the group and subsequent business knowledge she had accrued as she grew throughout different eras of the group (and subsequent lineup changes), she had naturally tied herself (percentage wise), into some pretty attractive business agreements and Amelle was envious of Keisha’s percentage and knew (with Keisha gone), her level of seniority (and therefore her percentage within the context of these business agreements would increase).

Amelle was aware “About You Now” had been the biggest selling Sugababes single (more so than any from any lineup prior to her joining the group) and whilst that never translated into actual album sales, it was enough to give Amelle a rather egotistical belief that the potential remained that it could, (independently of any notion of authenticity dependent upon any original member left in the group).

Amelle and Heidi knew they had lost when their new era arrived and radio refused to touch “Freedom” (but it was too late). Heidi was not a key protagonist but if she had backed Keisha then Jade would have replaced Amelle.

Jade distances herself from both Heidi and Amelle (nobody specifically knows why as that lineup appeared particularly close right up to the end) and although it was glossed over at the time Jade never appreciated being accused (in some quarters of industry) as having ‘light skin privilege’ and stealing away an opportunity from a darker woman of colour (she originally thought she was replacing Amelle).

The reason the original lineup matter is because they came together through a genuine passion for music and have an uncanny vocal blend. It was almost non existent (in the period of the groups inception) for a commercial UK group to find each other and form without having gone through the stage school system (this also made them the most relatable lineup because most fans went through the same, standard UK comprehensive education system also).

gdY4BdK.jpg

Edited by Dax Diameter
Grammar
  • Like 2

On 10/18/2022 at 7:48 AM, Leaving said:

Yes, I was definitely thinking of Red Dress! Idk why I get so confused with all their song titles but this is like the fifth mistake I've made in this thread so sorry for always confusing you all :stretcher: I found a few videos up on YouTube now. Keisha and Mutya sound amazing although I don't think this version of the chorus is as good as the studio :/ 

Red Dress was great and Mutya is taking back the place she had before on the song with a matured voice and probably less boredom about singing that particular. I agree  that Heidi and Siobhan are different and that in a lot of song, the original singer is the best. Siobhan does a better job replacing Heidi on ballads and mid-tempos (I actually prefer her on a lot of those like Caught in a moment) rather than on sensual bops. I still think she was good on Red Dress and was positively surprised by her playfulness which is not something I would have expected from her.

On 10/18/2022 at 7:48 AM, Leaving said:

Do people not like that song? I think the MNEK remix is even high up on their Spotify playlist so I kind of assumed they would be performing it on this tour 

I would have loved the MNEK remix. It would have fitted in the Garage bit with the end of Overload and Flowers

• Like 1

On 10/17/2022 at 5:53 PM, sunshineslave said:

From the videos I've seen I believe her vocals sounded better than this summer. 

Her replacement of Heidi on 2 hearts is heaven sent. She sounds raspy but her voice has always been (that's what I love about it).

I posted the wrong video. Here you can hear the first verse by Mutya and Siobhan etheral ad libs in the outro.

Edited by sunshineslave
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, sunshineslave said:

I would have loved the MNEK remix. It would have fitted in the Garage bit with the end of Overload and Flowers

I posted the wrong video. Here you can hear the first verse by Mutya and Siobhan etheral ad libs in the outro.

I think doing the MNEK remix would be a good shoutout to their current release and a nice indication of what their next album could sound like, and you're right it would go nicely with Flowers. I say go for it!

Siobhan sounds great there. I still can't help but wonder what her, Mutya, Keisha and Heidi would sound like harmonizing together 🤔

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Leaving said:

Do you hear her voice in there at all? I gave it a listen but I couldn't spotlight Heidi's vocals

I've been trying to find it lol, from what I found out Heidi recorded the song as a solo demo when she was working with their management team 1st Avenue but when it was passed to them her background vocals were kept on the song.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, metalsnake25 said:

I've been trying to find it lol, from what I found out Heidi recorded the song as a solo demo when she was working with their management team 1st Avenue but when it was passed to them her background vocals were kept on the song.

Interesting! I’m sure in an alternate universe Siobhan never left the girls and Heidi made it big as a solo artist. I wonder what kind of sound she would have settled on for her own material

• Like 1

On 10/22/2022 at 10:23 AM, Dax Diameter said:

Singles popularity based on U.K. sales:

I knew Too Lost in You was popular among fans but I didn't know it charted this well. It even beat Freak Like Me. Was it because of it featuring in Bridget Jones' OST or something ? The way Get Sexy and Girls did better than Overload at some point is past me....thank god it climbed back:cry:

----

Keisha saying  "Thank you for your support, celebrating every line up of the Sugababes" :

Her and Mutya have also been saying that they will be getting Today on streaming SOON.

I don't know what we could expect, will it only be a single upload on streaming services ? I think we can safely say that we're not getting new music soon nor old unreleased music promoted as new. Maybe an EP or even a mixtape with the best MKS tracks would be the best moove to please the fan who've been supporting them for so long, bringing the amazing work to the world, and still keeping the momentum for when they would release a new single and album when they're ready (might be in a few months).

• Like 1
  • YAAASSS 1