Britney Spears - Reference Tracks & Demo Pitches [Infopost]

I remember some users at the "Latest Leaks" thread talking and asking for a masterpost about songs offered and/or rejected by the princess of pop, and while this is not a masterpost, this could help in case somebody wants to do one or just want to know about this. Any new information, correction, etc. can be shared so i could update this. Gonna skip the tracks that Britney officially released.

Keys:

• Italic = Britney recorded the track
  • Bold = Track was given to another artist

...Baby One More Time era (1996-1999)

Spoiler
  • TodayNot intended for the album. It was first recorded by Toni Braxton, then given and recorded by Britney in order to send it to different discographies to see if Britney could have been signed to one.

Oops!... I Did It Again (1999-2000)

Spoiler
  • What You See Is What You Get = Part of a lawsuit against Britney/Jive. It was written, produced and recorded by Michael Cottril and Lawrence Wnukowski, and sent to Spears second album in 1999. It was rejected yet they sued Spears because the track featured in the album "What U See (Is What U Get)" was similar to their track.

Britney era (2000-2001)

Spoiler
  • Can We Dance? = Demo performed by Rina Sheehan (formerly Rina Mayo) from Boyz N Girlz United, and produced by Alex Greggs. The demo, along with other ones, were shared by a YouTube channel with Greggs permission.
  • If I (Let You Go) = Demo performed by Rina Sheehan, same case as "Can We Dance?".
  • Time Of Our Lives = Demo performed by Rina Sheehan, same case as "Can We Dance?" and "If I (Let You Go)".

In The Zone era (2001-2003)

Spoiler
  • Cherry Bomb = Demo performed by Rina Sheehan (formerly Rina Mayo) from Boyz N Girlz United, and produced by Alex Greggs. The demo, along with other ones, were shared by a YouTube channel with Greggs permission.
  • Disguise My Love = The demo was performed by Michelle Bell. She confirmed the track was recorded by Britney.
  • Do Like Ya Spose = Demo performed by Rina Sheehan (formerly Rina Mayo) from Boyz N Girlz United, and produced by Alex Greggs. The demo, along with other ones, were shared by a YouTube channel with Greggs permission.
  • Kinda Love I Hate = Demo performed by Lauren Evans. It was one of the demos from Greggs that he allowed to be shared.
  • Love Crime = Demo performed by Jennifer Kimball. It was one of the demos from Greggs that he allowed to be shared.
  • Outta Here = Demo performed by Karen Poole. The track was given to singer Sherman Chung and released under the title "I Don't Care".
  • Phony Lullaby = Demo performed by Cathy Dennis, written as a response to Justin Timberlake "Cry Me a River". It was reworked onto different songs, one of it being "Sweet Dreams My LA EX" by Rachel Stevens, which keeps the verses from this track.
  • Pop Culture Whore = This track was produced by RedZone and offered to Britney. The label wanted her to record it but Britney disliked it. This concluded on RedZone working wih her "with what she would say and what she wouldn't", which gave in result the track "Me Against the Music".
  • Topbillin’ Love = Rework of "Phony Lullaby" performed by Karen Poole. The track original insturmental was used for "Blah Blah Blah" by Brooke Valentine, while the melody was given later for "Chocolate Love" by groups Girls Generation and f(x).
  • Under the Pressure = Demo performed by Michelle Bell. She confirmed on Twitter that Britney recorded at least half of the song.
  • What's Next = Demo performed by Billy Lawrence. It was one of the demos from Greggs that he allowed to be shared.

Blackout era (2004-2007)

Spoiler
  • Afterglow = Demo performed by Lisa Greene. It was rejected for being "too racy". It was then released by Greene herself and producer of the track Steve Anderson under the names of "Couture" (Anderson) and Rachelle (Lisa's middle name).
  • Baby in the Shotgun = Demo performed by Coco Morier. She shared a snippet of it via TikTok on 2022.
  • Battle of the Sexxxes = Intended as a collab between Justin Timberlake and Britney. The whole demo is sung solely by Timberlake.
  • Better In Time = The demo was performed by Andrea Martin. Originally written for Whitney Houston, producer of the song J.R. Rotem offered it to Britney. It is unknown if Britney recorded it, but it was by Gia Farrell and Leona Lewis, the latter which would eventually released the song.
  • Brave = Demo performed by Candice Nelson. The track was later given and released by Jennifer Lopez, which served as the title track of her 2007 album.
  • Cowboy = Demo produced by Cristopher Olsen, the performer is unknown. It was leaked along other stuff produced by Olsen in 2022.
  • Crucify Me = Demo performed by Elan Luz Rivera, and written by Kara DioGuardi and J.R. Rotem. It was recorded by Britney and included in the Blackout Demo CD.
  • Diary Of… = Demo performed by Michelle Bell, shared by her on her YouTube channel. The instrumental was later used for a demo by RaVaughn titled "Don't Think Twice".
  • Double Trouble = Demo performed by Eritza (Laues). Co-writer Lil Eddie confirmed that it was sent for Blackout.
  • Good Girl Gone Bad = Demo performed by Ne-Yo. The track was given to Rihanna, which served as the title track of her 2007 album.
  • Happily Never After = Demo performed by Ne-Yo. The track was given to and recorded by Backstreet Boys, but ultimately released by the Pussycat Dolls.
  • Hips N Lips = Demo performed by Jeanette Olsson and supposedly produced by Cristopher Notes. The track was released by singer Joanna Pacitti, who mentioned in a interview that the producer is actually Max Martin.
  • Impossible = Demo performed by Ne-Yo. The track was given to singer Tiffany Evans for her self-titled album.
  • Like A Drug = Demo performed by Engelina (Andrina Larson). The track was given to and released by Kylie Minogue for her album "X"
  • Nightlife = Demo performed by Lil Eddie. The track was given to singer Anya May and released as a single.
  • Nu-Di-Ty = Demo performed by Karen Poole. The track was also given to Kylie Minogue for "X". Poole confirmed that she does not know if Britney recorded it, but debunked that the backing vocals on the track were by her, as these are actually Poole's voice from the demo.
  • Paparazzi = Demo performed by Chasity Nwagbara. The track was later recorded by an unknown singer.
  • Question Existing = Demo performed by Ne-Yo. The track was given to Rihanna for her album "Good Girl Gone Bad".
  • Satisfied = Demo performed by Kalenna (Harper). The track was shared by Alex Greggs on his YouTube channel.
  • See My Side = A demo performed by Robyn exists, and was conceived the same day as "Piece of Me". Britney did not finished to record the song as it was "too emotional". It was later given to singer Jordin Sparks.
  • Sexify = Demo performed by Lisa Greene.
  • State of Grace = The demo was performed by Lisa Greene. Britney recorded it and was part of the Blackout Demo CD. The song was eventually given to Christophe Willem, who released it on english and french.
  • Supersensual = Demo performed by Lisa Greene. The song was also offered to Kylie Minogue (who supposedly recorded it) and Holly Valance. The track was released by singer Natalie Bassingthwaighte, albeit with different production.
  • Trash Me = Demo performed by Eden XO. In a tweet from 2020 Eden mentioned that she sent the track to her, got rejected and how she believes that the melody of "If U Seek Amy" was too similar to her song. Eden released the track herself on 2008 under her real name Jessie Malakouti.
  • Turn Ya Head = Demo performed by Cathy Dennis. The song was given and released by Heidi Montag in her 2010 album "Superficial":
  • Umbrella = Demo performed by The-Dream. The song was written originally for Mary J. Blige, then it was offered for Britney, yet the label rejected it. Recored by Taio Cruz but released by Rihanna as a collab with Jay-Z.
  • Warning = Demo performed by Sean Garrett. The song was one of four songs Garrett mentioned in a interview with E! News about him working on Blackout.
  • When I Grow Up = Demo performed by Rock City. Written with Britney in mind, it was later given to Nicole Scherzinger, yet recorded by the group she was in The Pussycat Dolls.

Circus era (2007-2008)

Spoiler
  • Access = Demo performed by Frankie Storm, confirmed by herself.
  • Big Spender = Demo performed by Kalenna. First conceived as "Break Away", it was offered to Britney for the Circus album. Recorded by Jordyn Taylor and released by Adrienne Bailon as part of the Confessions of a Shopaholic soundtrack.
  • Dangerous = Demo performed by Coco Morier (credited in BMI as performed by her band Electrocute). It was recorded but left off the tracklist. It was later given and reworked as "Rock the Boat" for the Japanese group Momoiro Clover Z.
  • Entertainment = Demo performed by Frankie Storm, produced by Bloodshy & Avant.
  • Feet On The Ground = Demo performed by Myah Marie, two demos exists for this song.
  • Flame Thrower = Demo performed by Chris Brown.
  • Fire Drill = Demo performed by Lyrica Anderson, supposedly Lyrica confirmed it on a livestream after a fan asked about it.
  • Follow = Demo performed by Britney Jackson, shared by Danja on a throwback video from 2014.
  • Good Man = Demo performed by Shawn Desman, one of three demos he did for Britney.
  • Go Go = Demo performed by Carmen Esteves, confirmed by the producer. It was also recorded by a singer called PS Love Charlie.
  • Inside Job = Demo performed by Frankie Storm, confirmed by her on the Original Doll podcast.
  • Monster = Demo performed by Krys Ivory, one of the writers of the song confirmed that it was sent to Britney.
  • Mystical Lover = Demo performed by Korin Deanna Lane, confirmed by herself and uploaded to her SoundCloud in 2022.
  • Mr. Ordinary = Demo performed by Korin Deanna Lane, confirmed by herself.
  • Outta My Head = Demo performed and produced by Fernando Garibay.
  • Painted Windows = Demo performed by Kalenna. Recorded and released by The Pussycat Dolls.
  • Performance = Demo performed by Frankie Storm and confirmed by herself in 2021.
  • Pick Up The Phone = Demo performed by Korin Deanna Lane, confirmed by herself and uploaded to her SoundCloud in 2022.
  • Prince Charming = Demo performed by Jade McKenzie.
  • Pucker Up = Demo performed by Kalenna. The intro features "New Brit" as lyrics. Recorded and released by Ciara.
  • Shake My = Demo performed by Kalenna. Released by her as a collab with Three 6 Mafia and Pitbull.
  • Single = Demo performed by Shawn Desman, one of three demos he did for Britney.
  • S.O.S. (Let The Music Play) = Demo performed by Keely Hawkes. It was intended for a Circus re-release that was cancelled. It was recorded and released by Jordin Sparks.
  • Stuck on Repeat = Demo performed by Elle Vee. Confirmed by the producer on a live stream and later by one of the songwriters. It was recorded and released by Wanessa Camargo.
  • Superlover = Demo performed by Niré Alldai. Confirmed by Niré herself, it was later recorded and released by Starshell.
  • Take the Bait = Demo performed by Candice Nelson. Britney recorded it but was scrapped from the album. Her version is yet to leak.
  • Telephone = A solo demo by Lady Gaga exists, which is most likely the reference track that Britney used for her version. It was released by Gaga herself as a collab with Beyoncé.
  • The Return = Demo performed by Shawn Desman, one of three demos he did for Britney.
  • Tough Luck = Demo performed by Kristal Oliver.
  • Turn Me Up = Demo performed by Frankie Storm, confirmed by herself on The Original Doll Podcast. It was given and recorded by Christina Millian.
  • Under Arrest = Demo performed by Dawn Richard. Britney is registered as the performer on BMI.
  • Velvet Lipstick = Demo performed by Andre Merritt & Chris Brown.
  • Venom = Confirmed by Kasia Livingston on the Original Doll podcast, the demo is performed by Kasia Livingston.

Femme Fatale era (2009-2011)

Spoiler
  • Anonymous = Demo performed by Lindy Robbins.
  • Antidote = Demo performed by Lisa Greene.
  • Battle Royale = Demo performed by Bonnie McKee, confirmed by one of the songwriters, and is one of the songs conceived at a writing camp on 2010.
  • Black Widow = Demo performed by Myah Marie, confirmed by herself on a Twitter AMA in 2020.
  • Catch Me If You Can = Demo performed by Bonnie McKee, the original file of the demo had something refering to Britney on the name.
  • Click = Demo performed by Mia J. It was recorded and released by Kyrah.
  • Come Alive = Demo performed by Neon Hitch. One of the songs conceived at a writing camp on 2010.
  • Connected = Demo performed by Coco Morier. Leaked along other demos that were found in a bundle from SME.
  • Creepin = Demo performed by Rosemarie Tan. It was one of the demos from Alex Greggs that he allowed to be shared.
  • D-O-U-L-U-V-M-E = Demo performed by ML Perlman. Produced by Tiesto and confirmed by Perlman on a interview.
  • Don't Stop Now = Demo by Tiffany Fred.
  • Femme Fatale = Demo performed by Bonnie McKee. Confirmed by her on her TikTok and rejected because she misspelled the name of the track.
  • FX = Demo performed by Le’Che Martin and confirmed by the producer of the song.
  • Get Outta My Way = Demo performed by Alexandra Segal of Velvet Angels. It was also offered to Alexandra Burke, Little Boots and Pixie Lott. Recorded and released by Kylie Minogue.
  • Go The Distance = One of the demos from Alex Greggs that he allowed to be shared. The performed is unknown.
  • Heads Up = Demo performed by Frankie Storm. Confirmed by herself on the Original Doll podcast, it was not for Femme Fatale, but for Britney's 2009 compilation "The Singles Collection".
  • Hostage =  Demo performed by Elle Vee, confirmed by herself on Twitter.
  • Human Nature = Demo performed by K. Briscoe of The Outsyders. A snippet of the track was shared back to 2010-2011 on a livestream.
  • I Dare You = Demo performed by Bonnie McKee & Ina Wroldsen. Leaked along other demos that were found in a bundle from SME.
  • I Need A Change = Demo performed by Ester Dean. Leaked along other demos that were found in a bundle from SME.
  • Kiss Kiss Bang Bang = Demo performed by Bonnie McKee. One of the songs conceived at a writing camp on 2010.
  • Licky (Under The Covers) = Demo performed by Sean Garrett & Shontelle. Released by Shontelle herself.
  • Louder = Demo performed by Tenna Torres & P-Dub. It was intended to be a collab between Britney and Akon.
  • Love Is War = Demo performed by Shelly Peiken. It was also offered to Beyoncé, Adam Lambert, Celine Dion, Rihanna and Leona Lewis. Released by Peiken herself on 2020.
  • Masquerade = Demo performed by Myah Marie, confirmed by her and being sold on her Patreon.
  • M I A = Demo performed by Elle Vee, confirmed by herself. Recorded by John Paul Galea and released by Christine Lee on 2017.
  • Monsterz Ball = Demo performed by Kasia Livingston, it was also offered to Rihanna.
  • My First Love = Demo performed by Claude Kelly. The song was later given and recorded by Ashley Brooke.
  • Pulse = Demo performed by Kasia Livingston and confirmed on The Original Doll podcast. Recorded and released by Mandy Capristo.
  • Red Is The Color = Demo performed by Bright Lights (Heather Bright) & Forest Looper (Katrina Borhan). Heather appareantly confirmed Britney recorded this song.
  • Rules Of Attraction = Demo performed by Bonnie McKee. It was supposedly given and recorded by Kylie Minogue.
  • Sorry Adam = Demo performed by ELXXR. Leaked along other demos that were found in a bundle from SME.
  • Square One = Demo performed by Bright Lights. Britney is registered as a performer on BMI.
  • Stereotypical Lover = Demo performed by Eric Bellinger. One of the songs conceived at a writing camp on 2010. Given and recorded by Triana Terry, and shared by her on YouTube.
  • Strictly Physical = Demo performed by Delisha Thomas. Confirmed by the producer that it was offered to both Britney Spears and Rihanna.
  • Summer Love = Demo performed by Livvi Franc. One of the songs conceived at a writing camp on 2010.
  • Taste My Tongue = Demo performed by Lil Eddie & Bright Lights. Confirmed by Lil Eddie.
  • Tear The Club Up = Demo performed by K. Briscoe of The Outsyders. The Outsyders themselves released the track on 2011 via Bandcamp.
  • Tonight (I’m F***ing You) = Demo performed by Jacob Lutrell. Britney recorded it and was intended to be released as a single, but plans fell off. The song was later given to Enrique Iglesias.
  • Vertigo = Demo performed by Coco Morier & Kasia Livingston. The song got accidentally leaked after Shelly Peiken sent it to a leaker that pretended to be from Britney's team.
  • Violate Me = Demo performed by Rosemarie Tan. It was one of the demos from Alex Greggs that he allowed to be shared.
  • Watch Me Go = Demo performed by the group Indigo Brown. It was uploaded to the producer's SoundCloud in 2010.

Britney Jean era (2012-2013) 

Spoiler
  • 10 Seconds = Demo performed by Dev Hynes, leaked in 2014 along with another demo.
  • Bella Vita = Demo performed by Myah Marie, confirmed by her and being sold on her Patreon.
  • Casually = Demo performed by Myah Marie, confirmed by her and being sold on her Patreon.
  • Excuse My French = Demo performed by Myah Marie, confirmed by her and being sold on her Patreon.
  • Exhale  = Demo performed by Elle Vee, confirmed by one of the songwriters.
  • I Came to Dance = Demo performed by Eden XO & Sean Paul. Eden confirmed that Britney recorded the track with will.i.am and Toby Gad.
  • Lady Sex = Demo registered on BMI under the name of "A Demo For Britney Spears and Lady Gaga". Supposedly is a collab that Britney teased on 2013.
  • Lover Boy = Demo performed by Myah Marie, confirmed by her and being sold on her Patreon. In BMI, Alanis Morisette is credited as the performer.
  • No Ordinary Girl = Demo performed by Makeba Riddick, confirmed by herself, while also confirmed that it was also offered to Selena Gomez. Written in 2012.
  • Shake Your Body Down = Demo performed by Makeba Riddick, confirmed by herself. Written in 2012.
  • Siren = Demo performed by Myah Marie, confirmed by her and being sold on her Patreon.
  • An untitled demo performed by Dev Hynes was also leaked along with 10 Seconds on 2014.

Glory (2014-2016)

Spoiler
  • Breathe Heavy = Demo performed by Melanie Fontana. Confirmed with a fansite on 2015-2016, the track was given to KPop group BP Rania (who also released it under the name BLACKSWAN).
  • DYFO = Demo performed by Coco Morier, leaked along with Britney's version of the song.
  • Hey Ma = The song was first recorded by Akon, but was later given to Pitbull, Romeo Santos and Britney Spears for the Fast & Furious soundtrack. It was released by Pitbull replacing both with Camila Cabello and J Balvin.
  • Kiss And Make Up = Demo performed by Dua Lipa. The song was originally for Dua's debut album, but after being scrapped it got sent to different artists including Britney Spears. The song was eventually released by Dua herself featuring BLACKPINK.
  • Pop the Balloons = Demo performed by Sarah Hudson. The song was originally by Charli XCX, but it was eventually scrapped. After that, the song got reworked and sent to both Britney Spears and Little Mix.
  • Supernatural = Demo performed by Elle Vee. She confirmed this song to a fansite in 2015. Recorded and released by Christine Lee.
  • Turn The Lights Out = Demo performed by Elle Vee. She confirmed this song to a fansite in 2015 along with "Supernatural". Recorded and released by Sol Romero.
  • When I Rule The World = Recorded and released by LIZ, she confirmed that Britney heard the song and that she wanted it, but had to "fight" in order to keep it. On the forums of PC Music, LIZ confirmed that a demo of the track exists and that it was the one used to offer the song to her, which is likely the demo Britney heard.

B10 (2017-present)

Spoiler
  • Welcome to the Jungle = Demo performed by Julia Michaels. It was played by Danja in a livestream.

Edited by ConnectedColor
New information
  • Like 3
  • YAAASSS 3
  • Shook 1