Big Time Rush (Unreleased Infopost + Masterpost)

Kipper

Very excited to be able to share the full “Confetti Falling” track demo, which I had posted a shorter version of not too long ago. It had unfortunately been deleted before I was able to download it (full explanation here).

A couple weeks ago, however, an extremely kind user from our very own PHF got in touch with me and sent along the original Audiosocket file, that they were able to retrieve with some talented know-how. They wished to remain anonymous, but deserve an especially warm thank you on behalf of our community. You’re the best! :hail:

Note: The file is a little weird - there’s about 14 seconds of silence before the track starts, but you can hear the “ending” of a previous loop in the first couple. It's in a lossy format called .opus, so I didn’t want to clip it off myself. Enjoy!

Orange Factory Music - Melodic Dance Pop (Full Instrumental)
https://krakenfiles.com/view/3likzwJIyj/file.html

Edited by Kipper
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Micro-Com10 said:

How did you know that the songs Don't Stop, BTR's Anything, & First Time is a demo? Speaking of which, Confetti Falling [Demo] doesn't sound like a demo but rather final release, as their vocals are unique than the usual.

A lot of the demos stem from a SoundCloud/Tumblr leak circa 2013. I'd like to know who exactly was responsible for spilling them, but I don't think we'll ever find that answer.

1 hour ago, Ninjser said:

A lot of the demos stem from a SoundCloud/Tumblr leak circa 2013. I'd like to know who exactly was responsible for spilling them, but I don't think we'll ever find that answer.

The SoundCloud album songs were from one account named "nickmusic". It was very likely to have been an internal sharing link that an unfortunate employee forgot to private.

With a couple exceptions, everything else was sourced from a fan who had hacked Kendall's email and spread the songs around. I won't say who it was out of respect for privacy (the FBI ended up investigating them), but if you do some digging you can probably find them.

Quick one today: Here’s the OG file for the “Superstar” instrumental, that leaked a couple years ago. Not much to say other than it’s probably one of the best BTR instrumentals and is awesome to have. This song in general isn’t appreciated enough!

Big Time Rush – Superstar (Official Instrumental)
https://krakenfiles.com/view/8iqNFsiQzs/file.html

Next week’s update will be a brand new version of the infopost, which I’m very proud of and can’t wait to finally put up. Fair warning, there’s not much in the way of new titles and info, as the weight is moreso in the details. It’s basically a step-by-step walk through the BTR recording process from (well before) day 1. Prepare to learn more than you ever wanted (or needed) to know! :lol:

Edited by Kipper
Re-up DL link
  • Like 4

On 1/21/2023 at 7:58 PM, Ninjser said:

Hey Kipper, do all of their songs have IDs attached to them? I'd love to make a little playlist of each song in their chronological order produced.

The IDs mentioned refer to their various PRO registries (in databases like ASCAP, SGAE, GEMA, etc.). Those help give a rough idea of when they were written, especially when corroborated with other sources, but it's difficult to go off them alone. Songs aren't always registered, much less the day or even around the time they're written, etc. One day I'd like to publish a Google doc or something that lists each song by recording date, with detailed explanations and such, though. I already do that in my notes but they're so messy that it's going to take a long time to make them presentable.

Speaking of which, I know this is like the fifth time now, but this "infopost" I keep yapping about still isn't ready, and at this point it'll just have to be done when it's done, I guess. I use quotations calling it that because really, it's morphed into something FAR beyond what I ever expected it to, and it's become apparent that I really need to make sure I get certain things right before I feel comfortable publishing it. You'll understand whenever you finally get to read it😅It's nuts.

I'm honestly burned out from all the time sunk these last few weeks, and I need a short break before I can grind it to the finish line. :stretcher: Hope you guys understand. Thanks!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Kipper said:

The IDs mentioned refer to their various PRO registries (in databases like ASCAP, SGAE, GEMA, etc.). Those help give a rough idea of when they were written, especially when corroborated with other sources, but it's difficult to go off them alone. Songs aren't always registered, much less the day or even around the time they're written, etc. One day I'd like to publish a Google doc or something that lists each song by recording date, with detailed explanations and such, though. I already do that in my notes but they're so messy that it's going to take a long time to make them presentable.

Speaking of which, I know this is like the fifth time now, but this "infopost" I keep yapping about still isn't ready, and at this point it'll just have to be done when it's done, I guess. I use quotations calling it that because really, it's morphed into something FAR beyond what I ever expected it to, and it's become apparent that I really need to make sure I get certain things right before I feel comfortable publishing it. You'll understand whenever you finally get to read it😅It's nuts.

I'm honestly burned out from all the time sunk these last few weeks, and I need a short break before I can grind it to the finish line. :stretcher: Hope you guys understand. Thanks!

You take all the time you need! I love seeing how hard working you are! Truly inspiring! Wish I had your patience. 

• YAAASSS 1

20 minutes ago, Kesha Slays said:

You take all the time you need! I love seeing how hard working you are! Truly inspiring! Wish I had your patience. 

You are too kind, seriously... :hail:Sometimes I struggle to think highly of myself, but this is one rare case where I've been able to own it and say that I've been slaying this! It's not even done yet but I'm insanely proud of what I'm making and can't wait to finally share it with you all. <3 If you're even remotely interested with BTR this is gonna be a must-read!

• Like 1

Big Time Rush - Can’t Get Enough (snippet)

https://www.tiktok.com/@bigtimerush/video/7192624936114982186

Posted on their TikTok as well as their app today. Looking like the next single! James implied it’ll be out in the next couple of weeks.

Also, it’s probably not related to the 24/seven cut with the same title. I was hella confused when I first saw the hashtag earlier… thought hell froze over and we actually got a BTR leak :lol:

Edit: For anyone who hasn't seen, the guys are currently in the midst of another writing camp... apparently because they "have an album to finish"! This surprised me because it's seemed like the plan was to put out the Spanglish EP very soon, with an English EP later this year - this is the first time they've even mentioned an album! Not sure what's coming when but there's a lot on the horizon!!

‼️Edit 2: Coming out next Monday, Feb. 6! Here's another snippet from the Twitter announcement:

Edited by Kipper
  • YAAASSS 1

• 4 weeks later...

Big Time Rush - Young Love (Higher quality - 320kbps)
https://krakenfiles.com/view/IbBKpvql7e/file.html

Had this for a while and thought it was a re-export, but now I'm not so sure. Seems better than the 224 from before (which here's an archive of that...)

This one is really confusing. The nice thing about most leaks having come from Tumblr is that, even though most of the original uploaders' accounts are deactivated now, you can still find the OG posts via reblogs - Young Love has been the only song where I knew for sure I had the OG source, which linked to a 224 upload, yet somehow there seemed to be a better one floating around elsewhere.

Sometimes the leaker(s) would post a Mediafire download link for the OG file, while uploading a downscaled re-export as the playable Tumblr post itself (why, I don't know...) so that might have been one explanation. But weirdly, that doesn't seem to have happened here. Maybe someone else who had the song uploaded their own file at some point? Or the download link was in the comments or something? Still no clue. I don't have the greatest audio knowledge, so being unsure of how to verify the 320 was actually better, I kind of just left it alone until remembering it recently. I'm fairly confident now, enough to upload it, but frankly, a re-analysis from someone more experienced might not hurt... :lol: (For real, does anyone mind checking it? I'd really appreciate it)

Well anyhoo, happy to say I'm back to finishing the new infopost. Thank you guys again for being so patient... I said it would be ready like, two months ago. :awkwardney: This project grew way out of control, and I finally hit a point where I needed to step away for a few weeks. Helped me realize I was getting a liiiittle ambitious with what I wanted it to be. To summarize, I knew from the start I wanted to turn the existing list into a full writing piece. But because of what that entailed, I inadvertently found myself writing an entire retrospective on BTR as a whole, which, needless to say, I did not expect at all. The more I realized the insane potential of something like that, the farther the goalposts kept moving, and I finally had to accept that it deserves way more time and care than I'll be able to give it anytime soon. Breaking that off into its own, very distant future project, and re-focusing back onto what this project is supposed to be: A list of unreleased songs rooted in a history of BTR's recording process. Not a PhD thesis (lol).

By now I've learned not to give a specific deadline, since I never meet it, but I will say that the content itself is officially done, and now it's basically a matter of editing. We'll leave it at very soon. ;)

Edited by Kipper
  • Like 2
  • YAAASSS 1

I'm a huge fan of Big Time Rush and I just had to share my love for this amazing band! I've been listening to their music for years and it never gets old. Their upbeat pop tunes are so catchy and always put me in a good mood. Some of my favorite songs include 'Boyfriend', 'Windows Down', and 'Music Sounds Better with U'.

I also loved watching their Nickelodeon show, which was so much fun and had me laughing out loud all the time. Even though the band hasn't released any new music in a while, I still find myself going back to their old hits and discovering new things to love about them. I'm so glad to have found a community where I can share my love for Big Time Rush with other fans!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Hey Stacey said:

I also loved watching their Nickelodeon show, which was so much fun and had me laughing out loud all the time.

I loved watching their show!! I even remember watching the premiere of the movie, which was in November 2009 if I recall correctly, that came before the show!! I rewatch it at least once a year! So funny and it's far less inappropriate (this might not be the right word, but I'm going with it for the time being) than other Nickelodeon shows airing at the time! BTR was literally part of my childhood, I still listen to their first album sometimes when I'm walking my dog lmao 

• YAAASSS 1

11 hours ago, Kipper said:

Breaking that off into its own, very distant future project, and re-focusing back onto what this project is supposed to be: A list of unreleased songs rooted in a history of BTR's recording process. Not a PhD thesis (lol).

By now I've learned not to give a specific deadline, since I never meet it, but I will say that the content itself is officially done, and now it's basically a matter of editing. We'll leave it at very soon. ;)

You sound just like me right here! I so relate to this! Especially with the meeting the deadlines, cause I also never meet them! 🤣

• Like 1