Big Time Rush (Unreleased Infopost + Masterpost)

Kipper

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thank you for making this master post! I’m in shock at how extensive it is.

We actually got some unreleased snippets today!

https://twitter.com/xennxfer/status/1519701868372447232?s=21&t=UPwll_1bquLTjpXCn1XniQ

https://twitter.com/xennxfer/status/1519702533509455874?s=21&t=UPwll_1bquLTjpXCn1XniQ

https://twitter.com/xennxfer/status/1519703452120723457?s=21&t=UPwll_1bquLTjpXCn1XniQ

One of which is Midnight Somewhere, which actually sounds cute! Can’t believe that one got rejected. And also Don’t Stop, which we already knew about/heard but is still VERY iconic and will make my body ascend if I hear them play it live lol.

Edited by Costcohotdoglover
Typo
  • Like 1

Just saw those! "Midnight Somewhere" sounds absolutely phenomenal! The "BTRchive" is a must... been saying it for years :lol:

I have to listen to them closer but one part with Kendall singing sounded like "...right on the tip of your tongue" so maybe it was that one? It's a little hard to make out, but it sounds like a jam!

This is great! I used to follow these guys up to the Elevate era. I didn't really keep up during their final album cycle, but I saw that they were coming back and I'm excited for them! By any chance, could we get a zip of all their unreleased songs? I think I have some from when they were leaking on Tumblr, but I'm 100% sure it's not complete.

• Like 2

Of course! Here's what I've got. I believe everything in here is OG quality - at worst, a couple of the Soundcloud ones might be slightly off, since it's harder to tell when everything's all at the standard 128. Also, most of the Tumblr leaks were either 160 or 192, with the notable exception of "Don't Stop", which seems to have been re-encoded to 320. It's the only one I've never found, unless that's just how it was leaked.

A couple highlights:

- "So What" OG leak file at 256kbps. I've never seen it anywhere outside where I got it from so I don't think many people have it.

- "Lost in Love" demo snippet, from an old Instagram post by Carlos

- A different mix of the alternate "Love Me Again", it sounds more similar to the writers demo "Right Here Right Now" which is also in there. This is from an obscure Instagram account that Alexa (Carlos' wife) was posting on a couple years ago. It's almost the entire song but cuts over the last chorus. For some reason I always forget about it, but it's cool hearing it without the guitars. It sounds more like an Elevate track. Link to the post: https://www.instagram.com/p/B-DPT6mF3e7/

Hope this is useful, and let me know if anything's not working! And please, please hmu if you have something that's not in here. :)

• Like 3

I never got interest on Big Time Rush unreleased (I like the released stuff) until this post appeared. There is a lot of interesting information and never expected other musicians to get what was originally for BTR. I also didn't expected Simon Curtis being originally intended to be in the group, as well as the group recording Miss Movin On. I'm definitely checking out their unreleased and also doing a throwback to the officially released stuff (along with the new singles).

• Like 1

I love BTR so I'm definitely going to check this out!! What's funny is that a few months ago I was re-watching the series they had on Nickelodeon and one night I had a dream they announced they were going on tour in 2022 and a few days later they actually announced they were indeed touring in 2022!! Not only did I feel psychic for a sec but, honestly kinda freaked out lmao!!! Although I think they were teasing a comeback for a lil while beforehand anyways so its not that farfetched....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sword of the Creator said:

Of course! Here's what I've got. I believe everything in here is OG quality - at worst, a couple of the Soundcloud ones might be slightly off, since it's harder to tell when everything's all at the standard 128. Also, most of the Tumblr leaks were either 160 or 192, with the notable exception of "Don't Stop", which seems to have been re-encoded to 320. It's the only one I've never found, unless that's just how it was leaked.

A couple highlights:

- "So What" OG leak file at 256kbps. I've never seen it anywhere outside where I got it from so I don't think many people have it.

- "Lost in Love" demo snippet, from an old Instagram post by Carlos

- A different mix of the alternate "Love Me Again", it sounds more similar to the writers demo "Right Here Right Now" which is also in there. This is from an obscure Instagram account that Alexa (Carlos' wife) was posting on a couple years ago. It's almost the entire song but cuts over the last chorus. For some reason I always forget about it, but it's cool hearing it without the guitars. It sounds more like an Elevate track. Link to the post: https://www.instagram.com/p/B-DPT6mF3e7/

Hope this is useful, and let me know if anything's not working! And please, please hmu if you have something that's not in here. :)

Thank you for these! There were a few things in here that I hadn't heard before, notably that LQ version of She Drives. I've scoured the internet for years looking for the version with the extra verse from RAS and was never able to find it. I was convinced it didn't even exist lol. I have an OLD old backup somewhere with all my BTR files, but I don't think I have anything that you don't already.

And yes, looking forward to the potential "BTRchive" they were toying around with. Don't Stop seems to pretty much be studio quality and ready for release, so I wonder how many other old finished songs they have under their belts? Or if they're going to update any of these older songs with new vocals, instrumentals, etc. that better fit with their current sound.

• Like 1

On 5/3/2022 at 8:55 AM, Leaving said:

I don't pay attention to them, but shoutout to you for such an amazing first post :hail: Most people's first posts are begging for unreleased songs or something in the Welcome Centre but you're out here slaying! Hope to see you around more in the future <3 

Aw, thanks! <3 I've been visiting here for a while even before posting so I'm just glad to be able to give something back for all the help I've gotten here!

• Kipper changed the title to Big Time Rush (Unreleased Infopost + Masterpost)
3 minutes ago, ConnectedColor said:

Just found out Keke Palmer has a demo of their track "Show Me"

This is a really interesting rabbit hole! In the track-by-track they did for iHeart Radio, BTR said Lucas Secon played it for them like a year and a half before Elevate came out, and they wanted it really badly but he wouldn't budge.

Flash forward (back?) to July 2011, BTR is in London for their tour, and they tweet about writing/recording sessions. Lucas Secon's studio is/was in London, and on the very same day they are there, he tweets this: https://twitter.com/lucassecon/status/90179393669955584

Combine with this tweet ( https://twitter.com/lucassecon/status/86014072067334144) from a couple weeks prior, it looks like Keke recorded it first and it was meant to be her debut single, and then BTR recorded it shortly after with the plan of having them feature on a remixed version of hers. Obviously it worked out differently, and there's probably more to this, but it is super, super interesting!