Big Time Rush (Unreleased Infopost + Masterpost)

Kipper

On 10/20/2023 at 8:07 AM, paulpoland said:

On 10/20/2023 at 7:21 PM, ronaldonater said:

From what I'm seeing, this was a writer's demo that missed the cut for Elevate that was written by Kevin Rudolf and Kasher Jacob. Allegedly, this track was leaked from Logan's cell phone on June 24th, 2013 but was then taken down.

This is a Sureshot song released in the late 2000s. I've never found anything to verify that rumor. There is a song called "Story of My Life" but it's a self-titled outtake, recorded in the same session as "Oh Yeah" - given Rudolf's production style it's unlikely this song has anything to do with it. That said I've always liked it and would love to hear a BTR cut!

https://www.pophatesflops.com/topic/22951-big-time-rush-unreleased-infopost-masterpost/?do=findComment&comment=294784

• Like 3

On 10/22/2023 at 7:58 AM, Kipper said:

This is a Sureshot song released in the late 2000s. I've never found anything to verify that rumor. There is a song called "Story of My Life" but it's a self-titled outtake, recorded in the same session as "Oh Yeah" - given Rudolf's production style it's unlikely this song has anything to do with it. That said I've always liked it and would love to hear a BTR cut!

https://www.pophatesflops.com/topic/22951-big-time-rush-unreleased-infopost-masterpost/?do=findComment&comment=294784

My apologies, I forgot that you addressed this a while back 😅

I did think that a song being leaked from Logan's phone sounded a bit farfetched without any proper source to verify it, hence the "allegedly".

• Like 1

Exciting news for our thread here - They're releasing a deluxe version of Another Life on November 10, with four previously unreleased bonus tracks:

• Shot in the Dark!!! It's a brand new acoustic version recorded a few weeks ago, but still, never thought we'd see the day lol. Lowkey more excited to finally learn who wrote this damn song than I am for everything else :roll:
  • Learn to Love - Kendall/Logan write, from the 4/22 Miami sessions (we heard it mentioned in the Miami Tapes)
  • Dreamworld - Mentioned a long time ago by Bryan Todd, who also produced "Weekends" and "Ask You Tonight". We saw a couple snippets of them recording at Maffio's studio during the Miami Tapes with Adam of cut&dry.
  • Your Way - I believe we have a snippet of this one, again from the Miami Tapes w/ Adam. (its been a little while lol)

And of course an acoustic version of Weekends which is nice. Pretty cool overall ✌🏻️

Announcement tweet w/ Shot in the Dark snippet:

• Like 1
  • YAAASSS 1

10 hours ago, Kipper said:

Exciting news for our thread here - They're releasing a deluxe version of Another Life on November 10, with four previously unreleased bonus tracks:

• Shot in the Dark!!! It's a brand new acoustic version recorded a few weeks ago, but still, never thought we'd see the day lol. Lowkey more excited to finally learn who wrote this damn song than I am for everything else :roll:
  • Learn to Love - Kendall/Logan write, from the 4/22 Miami sessions (we heard it mentioned in the Miami Tapes)
  • Dreamworld - Mentioned a long time ago by Bryan Todd, who also produced "Weekends" and "Ask You Tonight". We saw a couple snippets of them recording at Maffio's studio during the Miami Tapes with Adam of cut&dry.
  • Your Way - I believe we have a snippet of this one, again from the Miami Tapes w/ Adam. (its been a little while lol)

And of course an acoustic version of Weekends which is nice. Pretty cool overall ✌🏻️

it would be nice if they planned to release two more songs like Show Me & Love Me Again (Re-Record Version)

• Like 1
  • YAAASSS 2

10 hours ago, Kipper said:

I love "Shot in the Dark"! But I don't want an acoustic version. :yeah: I hope that's just a ballad-y intro that leads into a revamped hype version of the song, a la Victorious Cast - Finally Falling

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, paulpoland said:

Wow, thank you for the heads up, there's more!!! Kind of fallen off following BTR more recently due to a certain someone and his genocidal advocacy :cypher:Yikes. But y'all know I can't resist this... it's from a YT video he uploaded yesterday:

• Right at 3:24 we hear stem clips and a Carlos vocal from the first verse of "So What"! Not too surprising he cut on it as you can hear him talking in the background at the end of the Logan demo we have.
  • 3:53 is the mentioned "Will You Be There?", apparently the first song he fully "arranged" by himself. Timeline-wise I'm not sure 100% sure where that would fall but I'd suspect end-2010, any earlier would surprise me.
  • 4:29 is finally the chorus to "ANYTHING GOES"! Matches the older snips perfectly and the rapping is Tekneek's lmao. For those who don't know, this was a scrapped pre-Elevate track we heard in one of their YT videos way back when...

Very awesome stuff :D By the way, I meant to make a post but if anyone didn't see/hear, "Shot in the Dark" is finally out via their deluxe album and after 13 years AT LAST we know the writers... DJ Frank E, Bei Maejor and Todd Ballard. I only had that ASCAP registration as my second guess behind another one :vacuum: Lol I need to go tf outside. I knew they worked with DJ Frank E but not before the core BTR sessions. Still hungry for the full story behind that song... I'm wondering if it bounced around producer-wise and that's why we have so many versions of it?

Cheers everybody ✌️

• Like 4