Big Time Rush (Unreleased Infopost + Masterpost)

Kipper

I've updated the credits for "Anything" - as it turns out, Ryan Tedder's demo had them in its OG filename before being lost to time. Looks like he wrote it with Evan Bogart, Noel Zancanella, and Jerrod Bettis. At first glance, I thought that meant it could have started life as a OneRepublic scrap, but it sounds as though Ryan and Evan primarily wrote for other artists when they worked together. Not sure if it was written specifically for BTR or not. (Huge thank you to @Permanent Blackout for finding and sharing all this on the BTR wiki!)

This reminded me of something else I found not too long ago: Besides of course MSBWU, "Anything" isn't the only song of Ryan's that has some form of ties to BTR. There's also another song he wrote with Josh Hoge called "If This Is Love" that was submitted to their A&R in 2010. Interestingly, both Ryan and Josh have their own demos of it. Here they are!

Josh Hoge - "If This Is Love" (Demo)
https://krakenfiles.com/view/TsFJoH5CtZ/file.html

Ryan Tedder - "If This Is Love" (Demo)
https://krakenfiles.com/view/RRw787AzUA/file.html

I have no idea to what extent this was considered, if it even was at all. But I thought the demos were worth sharing, if for no other reason than Ryan Tedder is one of the songwriting GOATs. :magic: Anything is one of my absolute favorites and I would die to hear whatever else Ryan might have produced for them!

Edited by Kipper
Download re-up
  • Like 1

On 11/26/2022 at 4:55 PM, Micro-Com10 said:

I mean the vocals he did is similar to the one by Jacky Boyz, also, how do you know that Ryan & Josh had wrote together?

The Jackie Boyz' demo was probably recorded for reference purposes - I don't know a lot about Mishon but it seems more likely his would have been recorded with intention to release it. BTR would have picked it up after his was scrapped. I know it's not technically a 'writers demo' but sometimes people ask when I leave stuff like this out. I don't think there's any harm in having it there for the sake of completeness.

• 2 weeks later...

Orange Factory Music - “Melodic Dance Pop” (Instrumental)

https://krakenfiles.com/view/tbT9T2FNla/file.html

This is the instrumental concept demo for “Confetti Falling”, written and produced by OFM. It’s pretty much the same as BTR’s version (particularly the 2011 mix) but also adds some nice strings during the bridge.

Bittersweet story behind this – This post is brought to you by the ancient MP3 site I miraculously dug this up from. I had originally found it a few months ago, while sorting through literally hundreds of pop instrumentals that OFM had up for license on a site called Audiosocket. At the time, I couldn’t figure out how to rip it from the player, and didn’t want to cough up $100 or however much they wanted for access, so I just set it aside until I had more time to play around with it.

Not two days later, I returned to find that the site had apparently undergone a massive restructure, and after chilling there unbothered for like nine fucking years, OFM’s entire page and catalogue were gone. :awkwardney: So I guess I’m to blame for cursing it out of existence. (seriously, what are the odds??? :flush:) The worst part is, that version was longer than what I posted, as it had the second verse too like in BTR’s, in addition to being much higher quality. (The rest is the same as far as I remember)

Anyway, first world problems aside, here’s the original link from my bookmarks on the off-chance it might still be recoverable somehow: Orange Factory Music "Melodic Dance Pop" - Audiosocket  Is anyone good with web stuff and know if there’s a way? Wayback Machine and the like are the extent of my knowledge, and they won’t work because they don’t typically save subpages like these.

Edited by Kipper
Re-up DL link

On 12/8/2022 at 1:34 AM, Kipper said:

Orange Factory Music - “Melodic Dance Pop” (Instrumental)

https://krakenfiles.com/view/ILpm1yhnnS/file.html

This is the instrumental concept demo for “Confetti Falling”, written and produced by OFM. It’s pretty much the same as BTR’s version (particularly the 2011 mix) but also adds some nice strings during the bridge.

Bittersweet story behind this – This post is brought to you by the ancient MP3 site I miraculously dug this up from. I had originally found it a few months ago, while sorting through literally hundreds of pop instrumentals that OFM had up for license on a site called Audiosocket. At the time, I couldn’t figure out how to rip it from the player, and didn’t want to cough up $100 or however much they wanted for access, so I just set it aside until I had more time to play around with it.

Not two days later, I returned to find that the site had apparently undergone a massive restructure, and after chilling there unbothered for like nine fucking years, OFM’s entire page and catalogue were gone. :awkwardney: So I guess I’m to blame for cursing it out of existence. (seriously, what are the odds??? :flush:) The worst part is, that version was longer than what I posted, as it had the second verse too like in BTR’s, in addition to being much higher quality. (The rest is the same as far as I remember)

Anyway, first world problems aside, here’s the original link from my bookmarks on the off-chance it might still be recoverable somehow: Orange Factory Music "Melodic Dance Pop" - Audiosocket

Is anyone good with web stuff and know if there’s a way? Wayback Machine and the like are the extent of my knowledge, and they won’t work because they don’t typically save subpages like these.

How

Today I bring you two rare, unreleased versions of the “Boyfriend” remixes, featuring our favorite Nick boy band alongside their most natural collaborators, Snoop Dogg and New Boyz. These are not new leaks, but are not very well-documented, and were missing from the masterpost before. The reason being, they’re a bit confusing: I had learned about them early on and dismissed them as fan-made, but after a more thorough re-visiting, turns out that’s not the case.

Big Time Rush (ft. Snoop Dogg) – Boyfriend – Early mix
https://krakenfiles.com/view/DR2QNtYyHn/file.html

First up is an earlier version, seemingly, of the official single with Snoop. If the classic R&Bspot.com watermark doesn’t make it already apparent (both that it’s a leak, and that perhaps I was not previously as attentive as I claimed), this got out a couple weeks before the official release, around January-February 2011. The differences come down to a re-ordering of everyone’s parts in the first half: Unlike the final, where Snoop opens the first verse before Kendall, here he doesn’t jump in until the start of the second. There’s a not-so-smooth transition from that right into James’ part, omitting his first line. Maybe I’m just used to the original after so many years, but I can see why it might have been changed.

Big Time Rush (ft. Snoop Dogg & New Boyz) – Boyfriend (Mashup)
https://krakenfiles.com/view/Qgfy2AIbeH/file.html

Secondly, we have what seems to have been the source of my original confusion in regard to 'official-ness'. When I had sorted through the eight million different versions of this single that exist officially, this one wasn’t accounted for, and I figured it was someone’s re-edit that got swept up and mistaken in the haze. That was until I came across a promo CD called S.I.N. – New Music Program - #08, which was apparently distributed by the Pellegrino Entertainment Group, an affiliate of Columbia Records. Not only is this mashup the second track on there, it’s also preceded by a unique ID recorded by the guys, which, sure enough, is legitimate – the Internet Archive has a (very brief) 2 second sample of a familiar voice leaving a message for us.

I’m honestly not sure where something like this falls on the spectrum of ‘official’, but if it was distributed by Columbia, even if indirectly, it’s probably worth acknowledging. And since S.I.N. was an internal CD and not for sale, I’d say it’s reasonable to call it unreleased.

One last note- I wanted to let you guys know about some updates I made to the masterpost. On top of a few minor additions, I replaced “Cruise Control”, the “Crazy for U” demo, and “Everyday Girl” with better files, so if you’re as anal about qualities as I am, you might want to grab the new ones. I also replaced most of the LQ snippets from Facebook/Instagram etc. with higher-quality rips.

I’m currently working on an update for the original infopost as well, which will be done sometime in the next week or so, hopefully sooner rather than later. I’ll make another reply when that’s done, and after that I’m going to take a much-needed break from this project. :stretcher: I’m pretty proud of how far it's come!

Edited by Kipper
Re-up DL link
  • Like 2