Big Time Rush (Unreleased Infopost + Masterpost)

Kipper

• 4 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Cypher said:

Interesting that this demo had that 8-bit sound in the b-b-b-b-boyfriend part. And that being said, BTR did a great job with this one, changing it just enough but not so much!

Strangely, taking the song by itself, I think I prefer the way the instruments are mixed in this demo compared to the final. The rougher production makes them feel a little more 'intense' and gives it that darker late 2000s-R&B club vibe, which I'm a sucker for. It's cool, and part of me wants to hear a mix with BTR's vocals, but it obviously doesn't suit them as well as the final version does. This song is iconic as it is!

I don't think it's very well known, that the very first iteration of this song was written for Lupe Fiasco. His label commissioned like, 40 different hooks to be written until they finally rejected it, and eventually it was made into this and pitched to BTR.

3 hours ago, Kipper said:

Strangely, taking the song by itself, I think I prefer the way the instruments are mixed in this demo compared to the final. The rougher production makes them feel a little more 'intense' and gives it that darker late 2000s-R&B club vibe, which I'm a sucker for. It's cool, and part of me wants to hear a mix with BTR's vocals, but it obviously doesn't suit them as well as the final version does. This song is iconic as it is!

I don't think it's very well known, that the very first iteration of this song was written for Lupe Fiasco. His label commissioned like, 40 different hooks to be written until they finally rejected it, and eventually it was made into this and pitched to BTR.

I could totally see this being a pitch demo for Lupe tbh. The demo instrumental makes a lot of sense!