Big Time Rush (Unreleased Infopost + Masterpost)

Kipper

On 12/27/2022 at 7:24 PM, Astro134 said:

Hi! I would like to know if Star U Are is not considered a demo for BTR or BTR, I tried looking for information but I really didn't find much about it. thanks

Hello! Yeah, the info online about that is... not great. It's kind of similar to the "Burnin'" demo that @Otaku posted about, in that it was leaked around 2011 under the name "Alex Jay - Star U Are (Big Time Rush Demo)", but what the "Big Time Rush Demo" means isn't very clear. Best case scenario, it was a song A&R grabbed for the guys to record, but it's more likely it was only ever pitched to them, if even that. I haven't been able to find anything on an artist named Alex Jay so I honestly have no clue myself.

The reason this one is more well-known, though, is because a lot of people think Logan does the backing vocals in it - while they admittedly do sound similar, it's just Alex Jay/whoever the artist is singing in a higher key.

Thanks for bringing this up - this song should definitely be archived here anyway!

Alex Jay - Star U Are

Edited by Kipper

Hi, I've been following this thread for a while and I just wanted to give a huge thank you for allowing us to have easy access to all of this BTR content! :D

However I do have a question, wasn't there a longer and slightly higher quality leak of the She Drives demo that had surfaced? I can provide the download link if needed.

Edited by ronaldonater
  • Like 3

On 12/29/2022 at 3:11 AM, ronaldonater said:

Hi, I've been following this thread for a while and I just wanted to give a huge thank you for allowing us to have easy access to all of this BTR content! :D

However I do have a question, wasn't there a longer and slightly higher quality leak of the She Drives demo that had surfaced? I can provide the download link if needed.

Welcome! Thank you for the kind words :phone:  To answer your question, yes, there is another version of "She Drives" - the reason it's not in this thread comes down to semantics, basically.

After RAS played the original snippet (the one in the masterpost) in his Ustream, the Tumblr crowd went AWOL over it and kept harrassing him about releasing it. However, they never finished the vocals, and for obvious reasons Nick and Columbia were never going to greenlight it anyway, so at some point I think he just wanted to get something out so people would shut up already.

That's essentially what the second version was. He ended up taking what he had of Logan's vocals and making a remix out of it; the snippet we have of that came from another one of his streams, from January 2013. The plan was to release it for free on Facebook the next month, but nothing ever came of it, probably due to rights concerns.

I personally don't consider it "BTR" because he wouldn't have been able to release it under their name, so it technically would've been "RAS ft. Logan Henderson", if that makes sense. That's why I didn't put it in the masterpost. Again, though, doesn't hurt to link it for people who are interested (or disagree with me, because looking back through my notes, there's probably room for debate about what it really is.)

RAS (ft. Logan Henderson) - She Drives (Remix) - LQ snippet
https://krakenfiles.com/view/3GGRYHP0R7/file.html

Edited by Kipper
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Kipper said:

Welcome! Thank you for the kind words :phone:  To answer your question, yes, there is another version of "She Drives" - the reason it's not in this thread comes down to semantics, basically.

After RAS played the original snippet (the one in the masterpost) in his Ustream, the Tumblr crowd went AWOL over it and kept harrassing him about releasing it. However, they never finished the vocals, and for obvious reasons Nick and Columbia were never going to greenlight it anyway, so at some point I think he just wanted to get something out so people would shut up already.

That's essentially what the second version was. He ended up taking what he had of Logan's vocals and making a remix out of it; the snippet we have of that came from another one of his streams, from January 2013. The plan was to release it for free on Facebook the next month, but nothing ever came of it, probably due to rights concerns.

I personally don't consider it "BTR" because he wouldn't have been able to release it under their name, so it technically would've been "RAS ft. Logan Henderson", if that makes sense. That's why I didn't put it in the masterpost. Again, though, doesn't hurt to link it for people who are interested (or disagree with me, because looking back through my notes, there's probably room for debate about what it really is.)

https://krakenfiles.com/view/vqnSAKuXtn/file.html

That explains only just his vocals. 

5 hours ago, Kipper said:

https://krakenfiles.com/view/vqnSAKuXtn/file.html

Ah I see, thank you so much for the clarification! I didn't really have any prior knowledge to the lore behind it so it's much appreciated. Also this version is of much higher quality then what I have so thanks for that as well :)

Edited by ronaldonater

On 1/2/2023 at 5:04 PM, Micro-Com10 said:

What about "Falling Apart" or "Wherever U R" I'm pretty sure Ras also only feature Logan?

That was from the same Ustream as the original "Drive" snippet (11/24/2011). Both were scrapped BTR tracks that only Logan had started vocals on at that point in time. The later She Drives remix, by comparison, was made a couple years later using Logan's old work from the BTR version, and was (most likely) going to be released separate from the band's name.

• Like 1

Well, Infopost 2.0 is taking longer than expected, primarily because it’s turning out to be a lot longer than expected. For better or worse, I keep finding new things to do, and my perfectionism demands more time in the editing room… so bear with me folks. :/ Shooting for the end of the month at maximum, but hopefully no more than another week or two.

In the meantime, I’ve been having a blast doing these “mini deep dive” sorts of posts, so I’d like to make them a weekly affair. Today’s subject is another songwriter demo that’s been lurking in the dusty corners of the web since as far back as 2010. For reasons that should make sense pretty quickly, I’ve long suspected it to have been connected to the guys, and by a stroke of luck, I think I’ve finally confirmed it!

The song in question was written and sung by the Canadian musician Nasri Atweh, who already has a leg in BTR’s discography, having co-written a couple of their earliest cuts, “Big Night” and “Beautiful Christmas” (the latter of which we even have his demo of). Unlike something like “Star U Are”, which would be rendered pretty innocuous without the flashy ‘Big Time Rush Demo’ attached to it, Nasri brings us a rather different case - that’s because the title itself is, well, “Big Time Rush.” For most artists, that might seem like a joke, but here in the BTR fandom, instead I must clarify that no, we’re not talking about that “Big Time Rush” – this is another “BTR” altogether!

Nasri - Big Time Rush
https://krakenfiles.com/view/t8jBeHopce/file.html

Even though this isn't the beloved and iconic theme song we all know and love, it’s honestly not hard to imagine a parallel universe where this charming, upbeat tune could have been the one playing while a certain four cardboard-cutouts jump around their album booklet in the classic opening sequence for Big Time Rush. Would it be unreasonable to wonder if Sony might have commissioned many different concepts for a theme, before settling on the one they did? If so, perhaps this was Nasri’s attempt at such an idea, and would offer an explanation to what this odd little curio is. Regardless of my own speculation, thanks to an all-but forgotten Facebook page used by Nasri in his earliest pro-songwriting days, we now know that, at the very least, it was indeed written for BTR!

With all that out of the way, as with some other recent entries, please keep in mind that this demo was only written for BTR in hopes of having them choose it to record; it does not mean that it was. In fact, if you’re buying into my theme-song theory, it’s probably even more likely this one wasn't, given another would ultimately have been chosen to serve its purpose. I want to particularly emphasize this to those who are more... eager to re-share some of the content I archive here. I don't mind if you do (not like they're mine in the first place), but please, do be careful not to neglect the context. :magic: Fighting misinfo is pretty much the reason I’m so dedicated to this in the first place!

Stay tuned for next Tuesday's update, which will bring a very unexpected happy ending to a previous post, courtesy of an amazing user here. :)

Edited by Kipper
  • Like 3
  • Shook 2

18 hours ago, Kipper said:

Well, Infopost 2.0 is taking longer than expected, primarily because it’s turning out to be a lot longer than expected. For better or worse, I keep finding new things to do, and my perfectionism demands more time in the editing room… so bear with me folks. :/ Shooting for the end of the month at maximum, but hopefully no more than another week or two.

In the meantime, I’ve been having a blast doing these “mini deep dive” sorts of posts, so I’d like to make them a weekly affair. Today’s subject is another songwriter demo that’s been lurking in the dusty corners of the web since as far back as 2010. For reasons that should make sense pretty quickly, I’ve long suspected it to have been connected to the guys, and by a stroke of luck, I think I’ve finally confirmed it!

The song in question was written and sung by the Canadian musician Nasri Atweh, who already has a leg in BTR’s discography, having co-written a couple of their earliest cuts, “Big Night” and “Beautiful Christmas” (the latter of which we even have his demo of). Unlike something like “Star U Are”, which would be rendered pretty innocuous without the flashy ‘Big Time Rush Demo’ attached to it, Nasri brings us a rather different case - that’s because the title itself is, well, “Big Time Rush.” For most artists, that might seem like a joke, but here in the BTR fandom, instead I must clarify that no, we’re not talking about that “Big Time Rush” – this is another “BTR” altogether!

Nasri - Big Time Rush
https://krakenfiles.com/view/OOxjQrfJxP/file.html

Even though this isn't the beloved and iconic theme song we all know and love, it’s honestly not hard to imagine a parallel universe where this charming, upbeat tune could have been the one playing while a certain four cardboard-cutouts jump around their album booklet in the classic opening sequence for Big Time Rush. Would it be unreasonable to wonder if Sony might have commissioned many different concepts for a theme, before settling on the one they did? If so, perhaps this was Nasri’s attempt at such an idea, and would offer an explanation to what this odd little curio is. Regardless of my own speculation, thanks to an all-but forgotten Facebook page used by Nasri in his earliest pro-songwriting days, we now know that, at the very least, it was indeed written for BTR!

With all that out of the way, as with some other recent entries, please keep in mind that this demo was only written for BTR in hopes of having them choose it to record; it does not mean that it was. In fact, if you’re buying into my theme-song theory, it’s probably even more likely this one wasn't, given another would ultimately have been chosen to serve its purpose. I want to particularly emphasize this to those who are more... eager to re-share some of the content I archive here. I don't mind if you do (not like they're mine in the first place), but please, do be careful not to neglect the context. :magic: Fighting misinfo is pretty much the reason I’m so dedicated to this in the first place!

Stay tuned for next Tuesday's update, which will bring a very unexpected happy ending to a previous post, courtesy of an amazing user here. :)

I think I already listen to that before

I'm gonna join in on this since I made a Reddit thread promoting the organized archive I made using your archive (If you download it, lemme know what you think of the cover.) 

Anyways, there's some tracks on it I'll probably be dropping soon since they've been either been debunked or not 100% confirmed here.

I credited this post in my thread btw :)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ninjser said:

I'm gonna join in on this since I made a Reddit thread promoting the organized archive I made using your archive (If you download it, lemme know what you think of the cover.) 

Anyways, there's some tracks on it I'll probably be dropping soon since they've been either been debunked or not 100% confirmed here.

I credited this post in my thread btw :)

This is great, thank you! If you don't mind, I'm actually going to add your link next to the masterpost - it's a perfect option for people who want a pre-set iTunes collection and don't want the hassle of sorting everything themselves.

And thank you for all the love lately, from everyone :yeah:  It honestly means a lot and more than anything, I'm just glad that anyone other than me can benefit from all the hours I waste doing this 😅

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Kipper said:

This is great, thank you! If you don't mind, I'm actually going to add your link next to the masterpost - it's a perfect option for people who want a pre-set iTunes collection and don't want the hassle of sorting everything themselves.

And thank you for all the love lately, from everyone :yeah:  It honestly means a lot and more than anything, I'm just glad that anyone other than me can benefit from all the hours I waste doing this 😅

Absolutely! I'll continue to update the archive along with the information that gets updated here :D

Also if it's worth anything. I've been archiving the exclusive pay content like their MSG stream and other stuff. If anyone wants access to it and has proof of purchase for each item they're asking for. Just DM me here or on Reddit with your proof of purchase and I'll give you copies of the content that you can keep forever.

Note on the MSG Performance, since it is only available until next month, I'll upload it for free onto Archive.org if they don't offer any other alternative method to purchase the showing.

• Like 1

Hi! Some time ago I found this Latin American page that talks about BTR. It makes me curious because they claim that songs like "As Long As I Belive" and "Story Of My Life" even leaked on the internet, in addition to adding songs that I have never heard of. I know that it has already been denied that the songs were leaked, but is there any information about the other songs they mention?Page Link

By the way, thank you very much for contributing so much to the BTR community

Edited by Lalaisreal30
  • Like 1

On 1/9/2023 at 10:49 AM, Lalaisreal30 said:

Hi! Some time ago I found this Latin American page that talks about BTR. It makes me curious because they claim that songs like "As Long As I Belive" and "Story Of My Life" even leaked on the internet, in addition to adding songs that I have never heard of. I know that it has already been denied that the songs were leaked, but is there any information about the other songs they mention?Page Link

By the way, thank you very much for contributing so much to the BTR community

Hi there! That page spreads a lot of misinfo, unfortunately. The post you linked is just my list with things randomly moved around and a bunch of rumored titles thrown in. There’s too many for me to cover right now, but if you’re interested, that would be a cool idea for a future “deep dive” post - I could go through and explain each one in detail. Think I can debunk about 90% of them.

• Like 1