#PopHatesFlops Will Be Closing In October

Main Pop Girl

Hi everyone!

I'm not really sure how to say this and I'm surprised by how emotional it's making me, but as of right now I'm planning to close PHF on October 20, on the fifth year anniversary of the website (add an extra two or three years for the Tumblr and other domain names though!).

I created PHF back in 2012 as a way to discuss my favourite artists and have a free, open and friendly place for people to make friends. Unfortunately the site has always been the target of many users who are only interested in trading, leaking and petty drama and this has been quite difficult to manage and given us a bad reputation in some circles. I've found it hard to keep the site active while still trying to get rid of people who are here for the wrong reasons.

For the last year or so I've been working hard with a few other jobs and it's been increasingly difficult for me to keep posting new topics and articles to keep the site active while still keeping up with my other commitments. As much as I've loved working on PHF and I'm so proud of the community we made here and the friendships I've built, I don't really have the time anymore to keep maintaining the website as it is. It's unfair to the members who do visit regularly not to have an admin who's fully committed to making the website active.

With that said, I'd still love for us all to be able to keep in touch in some way. If anyone's interested in taking over duties as site admin, I'd be open to transferring the website to your name and of course I'd be happy to help with any technical questions you might have. I'd also love to stay on as a member of course! Otherwise, I'd be open to ideas like Discord or Telegram, but as I'm not really so familiar with those websites I'll definitely be asking you guys for some help in setting things up.

It's been an amazing seven years working on PHF and I've loved getting to know each and every one of you! I really hope we'll be able to figure out a way to keep our community alive in one form or another.

Of course, if anyone has any questions or comments please let me know. <3

Love,
Mo

• Like 4
  • Shook 2
  • Sad 18

I'm not gonna lie, I haven't been as active as I used to be due to personal reasons but I'd say that during my 2016-2018 time on here, I had the chance to meet some really cool people as well as participate in a community that made sense to me and even helped in go through some hard times as well as discover new talented artists.

Thank you for all your hard work throughout the years, Queen @Skinny Legend

Farewell OG Flops

jlnsgr

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

16 minutes ago, Gore said:

I'm not gonna lie, I haven't been as active as I used to be due to personal reasons but I'd say that during my 2016-2018 time on here, I had the chance to meet some really cool people as well as participate in a community that made sense to me and even helped in go through some hard times as well as discover new talented artists.

Thank you for all your hard work throughout the years, Queen @Skinny Legend

Farewell OG Flops

jlnsgr

EAs7.gif

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

18 minutes ago, camilareal said:

2012 -> 2021 = 9 years

so why fifth year anniversary, i don't understand

The website #PopHatesFlops started in 2015, but before that we had another website called #PopHatesFags, and before that we had a Tumblr page which started in 2012. The five year anniversary is for this website. :) 

• Like 1
  • Shook 2

Aww man, I still remember the Tumblr days! Part of me hopes someone takes on the new admin role, but the other part of me is okay with putting PHF to rest. Like Mo, I've met some really amazing people here and from the sites I've seen, none of them were like the core of PHF. We've survived times of extreme drama and we've celebrated times of extreme growth. We've gained and lost people along the way, but it's always been a memorable experience. Thank you @Skinny Legend for what you've built, I don't think anyone here can truly understand how much work you've put into PHF, and for that, we appreciate you!

It truly is the end of an era. :cypher:

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, Black Jack said:

What a news !!!

What closing means exactly ? We wouldn't be able to read anything, all will be delete ?

At the moment, yes. Unless anyone else wants to take over admin duties. ;) 

4 hours ago, Cypher said:

Aww man, I still remember the Tumblr days! Part of me hopes someone takes on the new admin role, but the other part of me is okay with putting PHF to rest. Like Mo, I've met some really amazing people here and from the sites I've seen, none of them were like the core of PHF. We've survived times of extreme drama and we've celebrated times of extreme growth. We've gained and lost people along the way, but it's always been a memorable experience. Thank you @Skinny Legend for what you've built, I don't think anyone here can truly understand how much work you've put into PHF, and for that, we appreciate you!

It truly is the end of an era. :cypher:

I'm going to miss you so much! :( Probably the only real PHF OG who's still putting up with all the messiness on this site. :cackle: PHF really wouldn't be what it is without you. I can't believe we'd never be able to talk again...That's why I wanna figure out some other way for everyone to keep in touch!

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Really good news honestly. Don't want to sound rude but this place is HELL since the beginning of 2020. People creating new accounts almost everyday to scam idiots and dumb guys, there is absolutely no moderation. Trading killed PHF. I saw a lot of disgusting things regarding trading, scamming and money. That's why all the honest and legit traders left this place for leaked.is or discord.

Let's be honest, except Cypher, Moonchild and 1 or 2 other gays, who really care about this forum anymore ? Even Whoknowsmehere disappeared.
People only come here for the leaks and trading threads.

We already have a good discord server with the pop hates flops name, where people can keep in touch on the server or by private messages.
Leaked.is is also an amazing place. It's like pop hates flops but in better version.
Why not join these places Mo ?
We also have atrl, pop justice.

It's 2021, no need a forum to keep in touch or talk again.

With that said, it's a good thing to warn us 2 months before the closing. We have time to keep some masterposts if we need to (but once again, most of them are already on discord or leaked.is), some covers, some pm, asking the discord of people we want to keep in touch with, and so on.
I really appreciated my first years on this site. Maybe the only place where we were able to say everything we want without abusive and crazy moderators (a really good point !). Lot of memories with this place, friends too (but also sadness, anxiety and addiction ...).

Conclusion : PHF was a really good show but the last seasons are bad and the CW should really cancel this show. Other shows are now better with better audimate.

-

About the admin duties, i'm not ok with that. Giving someone else the privilege to have access to our private messages, our mail address, our ip ... sounds like a nightmare. What a bad idea. I don't trust anyone on here to be the admin. If someone else is admin, i want my account delete. No kidding. Don't let this place to anybody.
If people want their own site, they have 2 months to create one and you can help them to promote them (a simple mail send to all the members saying "someone created a new place like phf, here the link, have fun".
But don't let someone else being the admin of PHF and having access to all its secrets ...

-

Also Mo, i don't know what's happen in your life but i hope you are ok and not in money need or a future tramp. I thought you was now a rich guy making lot of money with your onlyfans but i have some doubts now ? You are an atypical guy but a really nice guy ? and it was pleasant to read and exchange with you. I miss your instagram, you had good videos on it (the Ariana Light is coming video in your garden, the video with the red lipstick and wigs, the haid dryer, etc). It was a really Mo style. Unique. You could have been a cool pop star. I don't care about PHF but it would have been cool to know what Mo becomes (and instagram was heplful about that).  I wish you the best. ?

Edited by You too
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, You too said:

Really good news honestly. Don't want to sound rude but this place is HELL since the beginning of 2020. People creating new accounts almost everyday to scam idiots and dumb guys, there is absolutely no moderation. Trading killed PHF. I saw a lot of disgusting things regarding trading, scamming and money. That's why all the honest and legit traders left this place for leaked.is or discord.

Let's be honest, except Cypher, Moonchild and 1 or 2 other gays, who really care about this forum anymore ? Even Whoknowsmehere disappeared.
People only come here for the leaks and trading threads.

We already have a good discord server with the pop hates flops name, where people can keep in touch on the server or by private messages.
Leaked.is is also an amazing place. It's like pop hates flops but in better version.
Why not join these places Mo ?
We also have atrl, pop justice.

It's 2021, no need a forum to keep in touch or talk again.

With that said, it's a good thing to warn us 2 months before the closing. We have time to keep some masterposts if we need to (but once again, most of them are already on discord or leaked.is), some covers, some pm, asking the discord of people we want to keep in touch with, and so on.
I really appreciated my first years on this site. Maybe the only place where we were able to say everything we want without abusive and crazy moderators (a really good point !). Lot of memories with this place, friends too (but also sadness, anxiety and addiction ...).

Conclusion : PHF was a really good show but the last seasons are bad and the CW should really cancel this show. Other shows are now better with better audimate.

-

About the admin duties, i'm not ok with that. Giving someone else the privilege to have access to our private messages, our mail address, our ip ... sounds like a nightmare. What a bad idea. I don't trust anyone on here to be the admin. If someone else is admin, i want my account delete. No kidding. Don't let this place to anybody.
If people want their own site, they have 2 months to create one and you can help them to promote them (a simple mail send to all the members saying "someone created a new place like phf, here the link, have fun".
But don't let someone else being the admin of PHF and having access to all its secrets ...

-

Also Mo, i don't know what's happen in your life but i hope you are ok and not in money need or a future tramp. I thought you was now a rich guy making lot of money with your onlyfans but i have some doubts now ? You are an atypical guy but a really nice guy ? and it was pleasant to read and exchange with you. I miss your instagram, you had good videos on it (the Ariana Light is coming video in your garden, the video with the red lipstick and wigs, the haid dryer, etc). It was a really Mo style. Unique. You could have been a cool pop star. I don't care about PHF but it would have been cool to know what Mo becomes (and instagram was heplful about that).  I wish you the best. ?

Well this post was a rollercoaster of emotions :cackle: I haven't traded music for years so I'm not really involved in that part of the site. But I always think that if you're going to do something like that, you have to expect to be dealing with scammers, gypsies, tramps and thieves :orly: 

I didn't actually know the Discord server was still going :cackle: Would have been nice to have an invite but oh well I guess! I do stalk ATRL and PopJustice sometimes but I think both of their registrations are closed so I never post anything.

I definitely wouldn't be giving the admin role to anyone I don't 100% trust. And that's only about a handful of people, so we'll see ;) It just seems a shame to delete all the valuable information and megaposts and images links on PHF when they can help other people in the future...A lot of people (myself included) put a lot of work into it all so it would be a waste to just see it all go down the drain.

Your last paragraph was very sweet ? I can't believe you remember all those messy videos! I'm actually working on my first album now which I'm hoping to have out early next year so maybe my popstar era is still coming! :cackle: I'll start posting on my Insta again a little more when I release that so hopefully we'll be able to keep in touch there <3 

• Like 2
  • YAAASSS 1

Hi @Skinny Legend, I could now read this sad announcement. I was one of the members who joined this community very late in comparison with other members, but it helped me obtain a lot of songs in higher quality & also what made this forum special were the masterposts. I used to post more in the beginning but less and less now.

I virtually met really wonderful people here like you, @Moonchild who always helped me with cover arts & also @808Dream who is blessing us with recent cover arts. I also want to mention @Cypher for always being actively sharing latest leaks, @ruifilipe who helped me collect Jessica Sutta’s songs, @Music Xclusive for always sharing good info about songs with us, @Whoknowsmehere for always being helpful sharing flac & HQ files & Glamleska who deactivated his account. I hope I didn’t forget any other user with whom I interacted :) 

What about if you decide to keep this forum but disable registration form so no other new user can register? We can keep this site as an archive and a way to communicate. Maybe it is expensive, I don’t know, just an idea though. We will respect your opinion whatever it is.

All the best,

Marin

• Like 4
  • YAAASSS 1
  • Sad 2

:ohwell: 

Oh, my, I'm just receiving the news and it feels... heavy.

Still processing.

I've been here since 2016, but most actively towards 2017 onwards. It is my special place in the internet, I've always liked to click in and watch the new threads, discussions about new releases, opinions on previous albums, of course, the ups and downs in our beloved flops' careers... but more particularly, to have the opportunity to interact with other people who I share musical interests with. I'm so sad this site will be closed, though I'd really would like it to keep working, at least like @Marin said, open but without the possibility to register new members (though I literally don't know if it's possible). 

Lately, I sneaked my music releases into a couple threads here and there, but I'm infinitely thankful to everyone who clicked on my links and decided to give my music a shot! It was amazing to expose my flop music here too :yaskween: 

I don't wanna make a big list of people who I will miss (I'm sure my oblivious self will leave someone out and we don't want that) 'cause, honestly, now even the memories of our dear Joan make me nostalgic. I will miss everyone here, disregarding if we ever interacted or not, if we agreed on things or not, if I ever was rude to you I'm deeply sorry, guys.

I'd like to keep in touch, so I'm open in my DMs in case you guys want my Instagram or anything (it's my most used social).

And, of course, THANK YOU. Thank you all so much. Thanks @Skinny Legend for creating this beautiful community and giving us this great space to interact and even get to know a little of each other. I'm indebted to you. If you ever need anything, just let me know (I already follow you on Insta!). I wish you success in your music career too, if there's anything I could help you with in that field I'm open to help as I can as well (and for anyone that could need a small hand on it).

And THANK YOU SO MUCH guys for being willing to share, discuss, listen, give feedback, celebrate and everything else. You're the best. I hope we can still be in touch. All of you. If you ever need anything, just let me know. 

I don't even know what else to add. I swear this took me like half an hour to write, but I think it's enough.

All my love, PHF. I'll keep you in my heart (and in my third album, too).

Moonchild.

<3

• Like 2
  • YAAASSS 1
  • Sad 1

Got a lot of requests fulfilled and found many songs I was looking for thanks to generosity of some PHF users, thanks to @Cypher for helping me out with my playlist dl, thanks to @Marin who taught me how to dl off deezer, thanks to everyone who posted their amazing masterposts.

even if it was not exactly cool getting called a racist for not liking the way bts sing in english I'm super grateful for what I've found and this place will be missed.

❤️

• Like 1
  • YAAASSS 1
  • Sad 1