Jump to content
Cossip

“Miranda Cosgrove” Quietly Returns To Music

Recommended Posts

I honest to god can’t believe the one time I choose not to go immediately rip something that it becomes a gem. Like wtf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Cossip said:

Considering its from the same website, I wouldn't call it 'tradeworthy'. It sounds like her voice, but I also thought some of the OG VOTD songs did but everyone else says it sounds nothing like her. Once I'm off work ill post a wi.to & let everyone else judge 😄

THANK YOU BABE!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d like to talk about some stuff. I’m leaving my identity anonymous because I could get in serious legal trouble if people know who I am, so if you don’t believe me I really don’t care. I live here in LA and I know a girl that explained to me what happened, she met Miranda on the set of Mission Impossible. Basically, yes, Miranda did post these track. She did not “steal” anybody’s music. There are songs that use vocal samples, but it is very much illegal to put a feature for another artist when you are simply using samples and you will get hit with a cease and desist letter. So she cannot put, on songs that use vocal samples, the name of the artist who did so. Valley Of The Dolls was originally recorded around 2015. From what I’m told her record label treated her like garbage and the project wasn’t finished. Miranda tried to go indie with the same songs plus some new ones but:

1. The songs recorded in 2015 still belong to Sony.

2. She didn’t have the legal right to use Strangers, which was not featuring Selena Gomez. It’s a scrapped song and they left her background vocals.

3. The “remix” for disgusting is just the original demo track, which also featured Pharrell as a producer. Kesha was more than happy to let Miranda use her vocals but Dr. Luke is an asshole and still owns part of the rights to that song. 

Long story short, Miranda took down the track because her hands are tied by Sony, Nick, Dr. Luke etc etc. Im also being told her manager called her a terrible singer.

She’s 100% aware of the tracks resurfacing on here, but she doesn’t really care. Especially because most of the shitty contracts she’s been on is because of Dan Schneider. 

For legal reasons she cannot publicly comment however none of the songs were ever registered with BMI to my understanding so they don’t have much. 

I could go on all day about that mess but I really don’t feel like it. But this is the reason Miranda isn’t really interested in fame & has no desire whatsoever to become an a-list singer. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/16/2020 at 11:32 AM, anonymous64629 said:

I’d like to talk about some stuff. I’m leaving my identity anonymous because I could get in serious legal trouble if people know who I am, so if you don’t believe me I really don’t care. I live here in LA and I know a girl that explained to me what happened, she met Miranda on the set of Mission Impossible. Basically, yes, Miranda did post these track. She did not “steal” anybody’s music. There are songs that use vocal samples, but it is very much illegal to put a feature for another artist when you are simply using samples and you will get hit with a cease and desist letter. So she cannot put, on songs that use vocal samples, the name of the artist who did so. Valley Of The Dolls was originally recorded around 2015. From what I’m told her record label treated her like garbage and the project wasn’t finished. Miranda tried to go indie with the same songs plus some new ones but:

1. The songs recorded in 2015 still belong to Sony.

2. She didn’t have the legal right to use Strangers, which was not featuring Selena Gomez. It’s a scrapped song and they left her background vocals.

3. The “remix” for disgusting is just the original demo track, which also featured Pharrell as a producer. Kesha was more than happy to let Miranda use her vocals but Dr. Luke is an asshole and still owns part of the rights to that song. 

Long story short, Miranda took down the track because her hands are tied by Sony, Nick, Dr. Luke etc etc. Im also being told her manager called her a terrible singer.

She’s 100% aware of the tracks resurfacing on here, but she doesn’t really care. Especially because most of the shitty contracts she’s been on is because of Dan Schneider. 

For legal reasons she cannot publicly comment however none of the songs were ever registered with BMI to my understanding so they don’t have much. 

I could go on all day about that mess but I really don’t feel like it. But this is the reason Miranda isn’t really interested in fame & has no desire whatsoever to become an a-list singer. 

 

Also please take this with a grain of salt, this is information from someone who knows her and Im sure everyone knows the game of telephone. But she’s sent [Redacted]before to tip off blind gossip websites so I trust that what she says is pretty accurate. 

Edited by anonymous64629

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, anonymous64629 said:

I’d like to talk about some stuff. I’m leaving my identity anonymous because I could get in serious legal trouble if people know who I am, so if you don’t believe me I really don’t care. I live here in LA and I know a girl that explained to me what happened, she met Miranda on the set of Mission Impossible. Basically, yes, Miranda did post these track. She did not “steal” anybody’s music. There are songs that use vocal samples, but it is very much illegal to put a feature for another artist when you are simply using samples and you will get hit with a cease and desist letter. So she cannot put, on songs that use vocal samples, the name of the artist who did so. Valley Of The Dolls was originally recorded around 2015. From what I’m told her record label treated her like garbage and the project wasn’t finished. Miranda tried to go indie with the same songs plus some new ones but:

1. The songs recorded in 2015 still belong to Sony.

2. She didn’t have the legal right to use Strangers, which was not featuring Selena Gomez. It’s a scrapped song and they left her background vocals.

3. The “remix” for disgusting is just the original demo track, which also featured Pharrell as a producer. Kesha was more than happy to let Miranda use her vocals but Dr. Luke is an asshole and still owns part of the rights to that song. 

Long story short, Miranda took down the track because her hands are tied by Sony, Nick, Dr. Luke etc etc. Im also being told her manager called her a terrible singer.

She’s 100% aware of the tracks resurfacing on here, but she doesn’t really care. Especially because most of the shitty contracts she’s been on is because of Dan Schneider. 

For legal reasons she cannot publicly comment however none of the songs were ever registered with BMI to my understanding so they don’t have much. 

I could go on all day about that mess but I really don’t feel like it. But this is the reason Miranda isn’t really interested in fame & has no desire whatsoever to become an a-list singer. 

 

Thanks for the info! This makes sense, also I thought Pharrell produced the one on sparks fly? I'm really interested in hearing Disgusting considering it had two (if i read this correctly) different producers. It's also weird they left his signature on the final version even though he's not a credited producer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, anonymous64629 said:

Also FYI the only songs I have are Far Away (clip of final version; not full) and Tearing Me Apart. Im sure my friend can get some more. I have not heard back from her about Disgusting.

OH MY GOD! Thank you for posting and sharing this information! You are a true saint! I actually went to the same school as Miranda and saw her form time to time on campus, always seemed like a very nice person. Does your friend know if Miranda has ANY interest in releasing new music? I'd assume not if she has all this red tape to cut through, poor girl, she's actually a good guitar player and more than decent singer. 

  • YAAASSS 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Violetbud said:

OH MY GOD! Thank you for posting and sharing this information! You are a true saint! I actually went to the same school as Miranda and saw her form time to time on campus, always seemed like a very nice person. Does your friend know if Miranda has ANY interest in releasing new music? I'd assume not if she has all this red tape to cut through, poor girl, she's actually a good guitar player and more than decent singer. 

I only know so much since I'm really just a third party (only met her in person once, with said friend, we've messaged from time to time.) From what I understand, It's something she likes doing but she's not sure about a serious project. Mainly because of how awful her experiences with Nick and Sony is. But it's definitely something she enjoys. If she does she'll probably release it independently, which is why she used ReverbNation.

I have heard college was hard for her. How she was treated on set effected her ability to socialize I guess. 

She's been through a lot, but she's extremely kind. Honestly I think she's very strong to have been through what she has at such a young age and be able to do great and still have a pure heart.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, anonymous64629 said:

I only know so much since I'm really just a third party (only met her in person once, with said friend, we've messaged from time to time.) From what I understand, It's something she likes doing but she's not sure about a serious project. Mainly because of how awful her experiences with Nick and Sony is. But it's definitely something she enjoys. If she does she'll probably release it independently, which is why she used ReverbNation.

I have heard college was hard for her. How she was treated on set effected her ability to socialize I guess. 

She's been through a lot, but she's extremely kind. Honestly I think she's very strong to have been through what she has at such a young age and be able to do great and still have a pure heart.

Gotcha, thank you again for being so open and sharing this information. I love Miranda and wish her the best, selfishly I hope she releases again but I get why she might not want to

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, anonymous64629 said:

I’d like to talk about some stuff. I’m leaving my identity anonymous because I could get in serious legal trouble if people know who I am, so if you don’t believe me I really don’t care. I live here in LA and I know a girl that explained to me what happened, she met Miranda on the set of Mission Impossible. Basically, yes, Miranda did post these track. She did not “steal” anybody’s music. There are songs that use vocal samples, but it is very much illegal to put a feature for another artist when you are simply using samples and you will get hit with a cease and desist letter. So she cannot put, on songs that use vocal samples, the name of the artist who did so. Valley Of The Dolls was originally recorded around 2015. From what I’m told her record label treated her like garbage and the project wasn’t finished. Miranda tried to go indie with the same songs plus some new ones but:

1. The songs recorded in 2015 still belong to Sony.

2. She didn’t have the legal right to use Strangers, which was not featuring Selena Gomez. It’s a scrapped song and they left her background vocals.

3. The “remix” for disgusting is just the original demo track, which also featured Pharrell as a producer. Kesha was more than happy to let Miranda use her vocals but Dr. Luke is an asshole and still owns part of the rights to that song. 

Long story short, Miranda took down the track because her hands are tied by Sony, Nick, Dr. Luke etc etc. Im also being told her manager called her a terrible singer.

She’s 100% aware of the tracks resurfacing on here, but she doesn’t really care. Especially because most of the shitty contracts she’s been on is because of Dan Schneider. 

For legal reasons she cannot publicly comment however none of the songs were ever registered with BMI to my understanding so they don’t have much. 

I could go on all day about that mess but I really don’t feel like it. But this is the reason Miranda isn’t really interested in fame & has no desire whatsoever to become an a-list singer. 

 

Thanks for sharing. Taking the info with a grain like you suggested but it sounds logical enough and what you could assume when seeing the tracks.
Hopefully we can get the rest soon, I’d love to hear it. For what it’s worth, it was nice seeing her come back for a sec. got me replaying some Sparks Fly icons

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

tbh, Miranda could have easily been derailed early on and gone the route of some other child stars, but she's always seemed to keep a pretty solid foot on the ground. I applaud her for choosing higher education and afaik being pretty much problem/drama-free. While I do hope the rest of the songs surface, I also hope she's able to get back in the studio and record some new material she enjoys and find the next step in her career.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, anonymous64629 said:

Also please take this with a grain of salt, this is information from someone who knows her and Im sure everyone knows the game of telephone. But she’s sent Audrey before to tip off blind gossip websites so I trust that what she says is pretty accurate. 

Ugh yessss thank you

the chat thinks i faked the screenshots 😐

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


About #PopHatesFlops:

Since our start as a blog called #PopHatesFags in 2012, PHF has consistently provided you with the latest pop culture news and hottest new releases. Join us as we analyse everything pop culture, build new friendships, and discuss the latest news and tracks exclusive to #PopHatesFlops!

×
×
  • Create New...