“Miranda Cosgrove” Quietly Returns To Music

Cossip

On 9/16/2020 at 1:32 PM, anonymous64629 said:

I’d like to talk about some stuff. I’m leaving my identity anonymous because I could get in serious legal trouble if people know who I am, so if you don’t believe me I really don’t care. I live here in LA and I know a girl that explained to me what happened, she met Miranda on the set of Mission Impossible. Basically, yes, Miranda did post these track. She did not “steal” anybody’s music. There are songs that use vocal samples, but it is very much illegal to put a feature for another artist when you are simply using samples and you will get hit with a cease and desist letter. So she cannot put, on songs that use vocal samples, the name of the artist who did so. Valley Of The Dolls was originally recorded around 2015. From what I’m told her record label treated her like garbage and the project wasn’t finished. Miranda tried to go indie with the same songs plus some new ones but:

1. The songs recorded in 2015 still belong to Sony.

2. She didn’t have the legal right to use Strangers, which was not featuring Selena Gomez. It’s a scrapped song and they left her background vocals.

3. The “remix” for disgusting is just the original demo track, which also featured Pharrell as a producer. Kesha was more than happy to let Miranda use her vocals but Dr. Luke is an asshole and still owns part of the rights to that song. 

Long story short, Miranda took down the track because her hands are tied by Sony, Nick, Dr. Luke etc etc. Im also being told her manager called her a terrible singer.

She’s 100% aware of the tracks resurfacing on here, but she doesn’t really care. Especially because most of the shitty contracts she’s been on is because of Dan Schneider. 

For legal reasons she cannot publicly comment however none of the songs were ever registered with BMI to my understanding so they don’t have much. 

I could go on all day about that mess but I really don’t feel like it. But this is the reason Miranda isn’t really interested in fame & has no desire whatsoever to become an a-list singer. 

Selena recorded strangers?

6 minutes ago, anonymous64629 said:

https://dbree.org/v/c9a753

If anyone wants it this just found itself onto dbree (i’ve been keeping track of what gets posted) It says it’s a snippet of the Valley Of The Dolls version of Disgusting. I’ll ask my friend if it’s real or if she can find out. 

I just listened and this sounds like the version I heard. I’ve only heard it one time so i’m still sending it to “friend” (keeping name private)

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/24/2020 at 3:10 PM, anonymous64629 said:

https://dbree.org/v/c9a753

If anyone wants it this just found itself onto dbree (i’ve been keeping track of what gets posted) It says it’s a snippet of the Valley Of The Dolls version of Disgusting. I’ll ask my friend if it’s real or if she can find out. 

What the hell is that version from tho? Kesha did the demo and it's literally the final album version just changes 'i should kill you' to 'pay you' and 'what did you slip into my drink baby' to 'im drifting right off the brink'

• Like 1

On 10/5/2020 at 2:31 PM, Vixen Eyes said:

What the hell is that version from tho? Kesha did the demo and it's literally the final album version just changes 'i should kill you' to 'pay you' and 'what did you slip into my drink baby' to 'im drifting right off the brink'

That's what I don't understand...The snippet does sound a little more Pharrell-y to me but I still can't imagine he'd reproduce something that Dr. Luke had a hand in. It's a weird choice, especially given that they just went back to the demo after the reworked version.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

this is literally seems so fake. it just cant be real who has a song called [themselves] is flawless. also one of the songs literally comes up ons Shazam and all this info and 'proof' came from the same one person. ur telling me nobody else from her 9 million followers saw this announcement post or screenshotted it or shared it in the hours it was allegedly up for and nobody else could reach her dms. and the songs sound so distorted and unintelligible and it just sounds so fake :cackle: theres no other way of putting it like look at the titles listen to the songs its just so... and how she got Selena Gomez for 'backing vocals' on some random demo that she leaked :cackle: 

Edited by idrk

• 4 months later...