Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)

Muri

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Main Pop Girl said:

Not the girl who wrote California Gurls pretending she's poor and asking for pre-saves on a 1:20 song...Just release the album sis!

And I really am praying for a full version on the album, but I know it's a fool's errand. :cypher:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Dax Diameter said:

Save Bonnie’s life y’all. I’ve done my part have you?

I pre-saved DGMGF and it still didn't get added to my library. Had to do it manually. Which is why I don't pre-save anything anymore. Idk if it's a glitch with my phone, my account or whatever, but nothing gets added to my library if I pre-saved. 

• YAAASSS 1

Fingers crossed that Don't Get Mad, Get Famous really is the shitshow she said it to be back then and it doesn't end up in the album so I can put it as a bonus track or something. It's like an interlude at this point.

I'm still excited about this album. Even if I know it's at least half a year away. Please give us the title of a couple more confirmed songs girl :yeah: 

Edited by Ice Prince
  • Like 1

On 11/3/2023 at 11:19 PM, Kesha Slays said:

I pre-saved DGMGF and it still didn't get added to my library. Had to do it manually. Which is why I don't pre-save anything anymore. Idk if it's a glitch with my phone, my account or whatever, but nothing gets added to my library if I pre-saved. 

Same here. I noticed that these pre-saves only work with major label artists for me.

• Like 1

On 11/3/2023 at 10:55 AM, Jennys Girlfriend said:

Is it really puzzling or is it just personally disappointing to you? I think it's helpful to zoom out of the quality of the music for a second and fans personal desires on every track and understand the bigger picture. Bonnie having a viral hit should be a priority for her and her fans, so she can unlock benefits of her new deal and continue putting out music that suits her vision. Shorter songs have a better chance at that in the TikTok world none of us chose (or even seems to like), but which all of us live in. Bonnie has to make tough choices, and since she's a self-funded artist, we aren't going to get every item on our wish list. We're just not. I think the tone of some of these criticisms is out of pocket considering she's going out on this limb FOR US.

Slay's original making the cover art video - 21 videos

Slay teaser - 2 videos

Slay official sound - 141 videos

Hot city announcement - 9 videos

Hot city official sound - 857 videos

DMGMF official sound - 33 videos

which debunks the short song going viral theory, i personally think "DMGF" isn't really easy to make a tiktok for, it's not easily relatable or doesn't really make sense for silly little tiktoks. A song i used to listen to 10 years ago no one really knew about is suddenly viral for it's instrumental. it's all just luck.

Her one fan she hangs out with liam kinda made a good one where it transitions into him performing on a stage since it makes sense. It has 521 views and 34 likes.

Slay with that one tiktoker e.mo.tions has 9k likes & 68k views. This had more a more versatile and broad meaning to make many tiktoks.

And the hot city one is at 40k likes and 300k views with the same tiktoker but they used the instrumental only.

Kesha has been using tikokers for promo lately so maybe Bonnie should reach out to these two if tiktok is something she / her team really want to take seriously and try to get some traction there. I doubt theres any money in asking artist friends to make tiktoks with you if she wants to go that route and have them do that off stage on stage thing. There's ways to be resourceful and creative but idk what her team is doing with her.

She wrongfully duetted that one guy's tiktok that has 5.5M followers when she could've had some traffic leading them to her if she would've done it right and caused exposure to new people. I feel like I'm over analyzing her / their moves here but you kinda have to be this calculated when it comes to tiktok. It's disheartening to KNOW she has a team that's NOT helping her. That's what bothers me, from my perspective it seems like they're not organized. I wish they took the time to properly set her up to succeed rather than leave her to her figure it out.

Before you or anyone think. i'm coming for bonnie, i'm not. I'm directing this at her so called team that wants her to "make it" on tiktok. Because they're obviously not doing anything to help her or guide her.

Then there's the possibility of her being shadow banned on tiktok that's also holding her back.

In short they need to learn to play their cards better to benefit not only bonnie but themselves.

• Like 3

On 11/3/2023 at 8:51 AM, T2P said:

Bonnie sis :ohwell:

i was defending her until this. this is very clearly a padding scene leftover from another video. she’s not moving in time with the beat. and she’s still moving her head after the song ends 💀 messy.

It’s a visualizer. These are often just looped clips. She’s finalizing the edit on the full video.

• Like 2

On 11/3/2023 at 8:56 PM, Main Pop Girl said:

Not the girl who wrote California Gurls pretending she's poor and asking for pre-saves on a 1:20 song...Just release the album sis!

Honestly she should use the distributor im using cos its free and gets the album out everywhere. Like everywhere. But it doesn't have presaves though which might be a blow but yk

• Shook 1