Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)

Muri

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, T2P said:

she has confirmed 3rd single this year. im shook, i thought for sure there would be nothing until Januaryย 

Which one do we think she'll release? Rewind Your Heart? Forever 21? I Wanna Fucking Call You? My dream would be Electric Heaven but I doubt she'll choose that one.

Also, still waiting for that tracklist, Ms. McKee :vacuum:ย  we need DETAILS!!! :excited:ย 

8 hours ago, T2P said:

Ooo I wonder what it's gonna be. "Forever 21" would be such a great choice, but I feel like it would be better to put that out as a single in the fall. Unless she has another "California Winter" somewhere, I can't imagine any of the Epic songs being released in Dec.ย :cackle:

7 minutes ago, Main Pop Girl said:

She had so much hype building up to the first single, but I feel like it's kind of died down now. She should release the album with the next single and start working on the next project already

Seems like she's best off not being overly-focused on the hype cycle and trying to game the algorithm or compete endlessly for people's shorter and shorter attention spans. (Look at Kim and Slayyyter; whole albums full of bops that just happened and we've all already kind of moved on from them in terms of discourse.) I think she should do whatever brings her the most creative satisfaction in terms of number of singles, videos, album release moment, etc. That's what she said she's doing this for: herself, and the fans who are following no matter what.

(Besides: the songs from this project are going to succeed in the long game. She's gonna get so many syncs and ancillary deals from this amazing music, plus who knows what kind of viral sounds it could produce... all in good time.)

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Jennys Girlfriend said:

Seems like she's best off not being overly-focused on the hype cycle and trying to game the algorithm or compete endlessly for people's shorter and shorter attention spans. (Look at Kim and Slayyyter; whole albums full of bops that just happened and we've all already kind of moved on from them in terms of discourse.) I think she should do whatever brings her the most creative satisfaction in terms of number of singles, videos, album release moment, etc. That's what she said she's doing this for: herself, and the fans who are following no matter what.

(Besides: the songs from this project are going to succeed in the long game. She's gonna get so many syncs and ancillary deals from this amazing music, plus who knows what kind of viral sounds it could produce... all in good time.)

I mean, it's a decade old album so she's sort of already lost when it comes to competing with short attention spans :hottie:ย I'm honestly just sick of hearing about these songs at this point and I'd like to see what a Bonnie album would sound like in 2023 rather than focusing on all these old demos we've mostly heard already.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, wordswithsam said:

Next single announcement today!!!

Guesses?

Iโ€™m hoping for Forever 21 or Electric Heaven.

Wig! Where'd you hear this?!

While we need "Forever 21" (her best song) to get the single treatment at some point, I feel like that's a quintessential summer anthem. I think "Rewind Your Heart" would be the perfect sadgirl / sadboi fall bop.

That said, I hope we get a "Forever 21" music video alongside the album release in the spring. And another single or two in between if I'm not being too greedy.ย ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

• Like 1