Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)

Muri

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/27/2023 at 9:58 PM, T2P said:

Eden XO has confirmed that Naked was for a Bonnie album. she told the story of writing it but unfortunately no concrete details like what year or whether it was under Epic.

Yeah Bonnie confirmed for me when I questioned the opening lyric, “Ask me why they used to say that trouble was my name”. It’s a reference to her first album.

• Like 2

It’s really wild but it feels like Bonnie is shadowbanned on apps like TikTok and IG.

I hardly use TikTok and I follow about 10 people, including Bonnie. I only interact with her content (comments/likes).

Her content NEVER appears in my Following or For You feed. I have to search her to see new videos posted by her. It’s kinda wild and I feel like she’s being held back by something.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, wordswithsam said:

It’s really wild but it feels like Bonnie is shadowbanned on apps like TikTok and IG.

She definitely is. They are doing this with many indie artists / creators with mid-size audiences because they want you to pay to get to the top. It's absolute bullshit. I hope she doesn't get discouraged and keeps going. It probably wouldn't hurt her to boost some of her posts for visibility. I mean, even Mariah Carey is doing it right now. Bonnie has spent too much time, money and energy for these songs and visuals to go unnoticed.

In other news, I have seen in a few places that DGMGF is indeed 1:21. We lost. :bye:

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, zaynphallic said:

She definitely is. They are doing this with many indie artists / creators with mid-size audiences because they want you to pay to get to the top. It's absolute bullshit. I hope she doesn't get discouraged and keeps going. It probably wouldn't hurt her to boost some of her posts for visibility. I mean, even Mariah Carey is doing it right now. Bonnie has spent too much time, money and energy for these songs and visuals to go unnoticed.

In other news, I have seen in a few places that DGMGF is indeed 1:21. We lost. :bye:

It’s out there and appears that it is indeed 1:21. Maybe serving as an interlude on the overall album.

• Like 1

The song "Don't Get Mad Get Famous" by Bonnie can indeed be interpreted in the context of a girl from a conservative household who aspires to become famous and faces resistance and criticism from her family. The lyrics convey a message of determination and perseverance in the face of societal expectations and judgment.

The opening lines, "You better make it to the church on time, they say you better keep yo ass in line," suggest the pressure to conform to conservative values and norms. The mention of the church may symbolize a strict religious upbringing. The girl is encouraged to follow the traditional path, which may not align with her desire for fame and self-expression.

The lines "Nobody wanna let you shine too bright, they too afraid you'll hit the big time life" indicate that her family and community might be resistant to her pursuing a path to fame. They fear that her success and individuality might go against their conservative beliefs and values, leading to conflict and rejection.

The chorus, with lines like "Everybody hates us, say we're too outrageous, if they can't handle greatness, don't get mad, get famous," reflects the girl's response to the negativity and resistance she faces. She chooses not to get angry but to channel her energy into achieving her goal of becoming famous. This can be seen as her way of coping with the disapproval and criticism she encounters from her conservative upbringing.

Overall, the song encourages resilience, self-belief, and the pursuit of one's dreams in the face of adversity, even when it means going against the expectations of a conservative family or community. It promotes the idea that one should not be discouraged by the disapproval of others but rather use it as fuel to achieve their ambitions and make a name for themselves.

• Like 4
  • LMAO 2

1:21?

:bye:

And the 'keep your ass in line' line... I was expecting it to be changed. If she changed the 'every single time' AND the '1999' line in SLAY, I had hopes for DGMGF.

I'll bop to it sometime but as a single it's still a choice. I'll consider it a promo single instead, and it BETTER not take the place of an essential track in the album.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Ice Prince said:

I'll bop to it sometime but as a single it's still a choice. I'll consider it a promo single instead, and it BETTER not take the place of an essential track in the album.

she’s fishing for a tiktok hit, that’s why it was released. it’s not really for the fans this time 

• Like 1
  • LMAO 1
  • Sad 2