Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)

Muri

22 minutes ago, nanapop99 said:

She has a fifth song called "Looking for Trouble" with LVCRFT and Light Up the Night already leaked a few years ago 😉

Also this is the cover that I'm using for the Epic album! I made it a few years ago 😋

Electric Heaven_2.jpg

And this is my tracklist so far! I think it flows pretty well 😁

Capture.JPG

Thank you, I have so many Bonnie folders to sort through I found the full version of Light Up and didn't realise about the fifth song as she's uncredited.

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just listening to Waking Up Diagonal and thought, that it would be a great opener to the album, right?

And do we agree, that the album was going to be called Electric Heaven? Love the title but I think, it doesn't really fit the sound of the songs. 

I'm so happy, that we finally get these songs but the big task now is to not overplay certain songs, before we have the whole thing

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Moonchild said:

Hold on, I'm zipping them up to Waking Up Diagonal. They should be ready within a minute.

EDIT: Done!

Here you can have them in zip, and here's a Drive folder for you to choose the ones you're missing.

@Vixen Eyes

Disclaimer: The "Jenny's Got a Boyfriend" files are two: the recently original mix leak, and a remastered version I did trying to reduce a little the low frequencies of the bass, as I feel it's kinda too punchy.

Thank you so much for the "Jenny" remaster! I was hoping someone with some audio skills would be able to remaster everything once we (hopefully) get the full album, as it's obvious these were recorded at different times and some of are not final versions.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, schami66 said:

I was just listening to Waking Up Diagonal and thought, that it would be a great opener to the album, right?

And do we agree, that the album was going to be called Electric Heaven? Love the title but I think, it doesn't really fit the sound of the songs. 

I'm so happy, that we finally get these songs but the big task now is to not overplay certain songs, before we have the whole thing

She never announced the album title officially (in fact, I think I recall her saying that she was toying with a couple different options in a livestream way back when), but there's a rumour it may have been called "Somebody's Gonna Get Hurt" based on the fact that it's listed here on a mix engineers website alongside a bunch of other albums that came out around that time. And honestly, I think that title would have made sense given the themes in a lot of the songs (Waking Up Diagonal, Jenny's Got a Boyfriend, I Wanna F**king Call You, etc.) I'm calling my fan-made album "American Girl" though, as I feel like it fits more with the spirit of the project.

• Like 2

My track list is: 

1. American Girl

2. Slay

3. I Wanna Fucking Call You

4. East Side Boy

5. Stay Lonely, Get Paid

6. Jenny’s Got A Boyfriend

7. Somebody’s Gonna Get Hurt

8. Trash Television

9. Rewind Your Heart

10. Everything But You

11. Stars In Your Heart

12. My So Called Life 

13. Waking Up Diagonal

Forever 21 after Stay Lonely 

Hot City after American Girl

Bombastic EP after WUD 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Black Jack said:

Thanks. That confirm what i thought and what other artists said : Luke's deal are horrible and hell. I guess Kesha was like trapped and only found the solution of lying so she can have a chance to be free of Luke and her deals with him. But these kind of lies are not ok at all for me. 

she´s literally said the SAME thing since 2005, and apparently there´s another victim of luke. but as an abuse victim, myself, don´t you DARE judge a RAPE victim´s experiences when you clearly don´t know the evidence. the literal fuck?  

• Like 3

If i understand ... Cheryl only has to wake up, listening to some demos, chosing a song, recording it in 1 hour, making a video, earning millions and going back to sleep ... when Bonnie wake her ass writing, recording tons of demos without even the possibility of doing an album and so on. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, zaynphallic said:

Thank you so much for the "Jenny" remaster! I was hoping someone with some audio skills would be able to remaster everything once we (hopefully) get the full album, as it's obvious these were recorded at different times and some of are not final versions.

I'm glad you liked it! Most of these actually are from decently to well mastered, I didn't have any issues when listening to them or when exporting them. I have the feeling the rest of these tracks are properly mastered too. I only remastered Jenny because I felt it was messed up when it leaked, as if it was purposefully edited to sound more bass boosted. I can share my *final masters* of the songs when they all leak, in case any is unmastered or needs any adjustment.

• Like 1
  • YAAASSS 2

Since everyone is sharing their tracklist for the Epic Album. Here is what I like to use for my American Girl album:

Spoiler

01. American Girl

02. Somebody's Gonna Get Hurt

03. Waking up Diagonal

04 I Wanna Fu**ing Call You

05. Everything But You

06. Rewind Your Heart

07. Jenny's Got a Boyfriend

08. Worst In Me

09. S.L.A.Y

10. So Called Life

11. Stars In Your Heart

12. Love Spell

13. Sleepwalker (Bonus Track)

I feel like musically Waking Up Diagonal fits so well right after Somebody's Gonna Get Hurt. Also my tracklist is inspired by the infamous white board list. Hopefully one day we can all complete our albums with Forever 21, Hot City, Right Now and Electric Heaven! o:-)

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Lonely said:

If i understand ... Cheryl only has to wake up, listening to some demos, chosing a song, recording it in 1 hour, making a video, earning millions and going back to sleep ... when Bonnie wake her ass writing, recording tons of demos without even the possibility of doing an album and so on. 

yes!! literally this is the process as a songwriter and it´s harder when making beats based solely off those lyrics (referring to the melody)

also, personally love cheryl´s version!!

14 minutes ago, Forever21 said:

Since everyone is sharing their tracklist for the Epic Album. Here is what I like to use for my American Girl album:

Hide contents

01. American Girl

02. Somebody's Gonna Get Hurt

03. Waking up Diagonal

04 I Wanna Fu**ing Call You

05. Everything But You

06. Rewind Your Heart

07. Jenny's Got a Boyfriend

08. Worst In Me

09. S.L.A.Y

10. So Called Life

11. Stars In Your Heart

12. Love Spell

13. Sleepwalker (Bonus Track)

I feel like musically Waking Up Diagonal fits so well right after Somebody's Gonna Get Hurt. Also my tracklist is inspired by the infamous white board list. Hopefully one day we can all complete our albums with Forever 21, Hot City, Right Now and Electric Heaven! o:-)

where´s Unlock Your Love? 

• Cypher changed the title to Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)