Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)

Muri

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Vixen Eyes said:

i remember it too, but i was never a Bonnie stan since i was too focused on my queen, Kesha 🛐

taste!! 

literally have all her CDs (yes, i´m that bitch.) except Cannibal. But Kesha was and will always be that Pop girl.

• Like 1

Just now, bearsbummer said:

taste!! 

literally have all her CDs (yes, i´m that bitch.) except Cannibal. But Kesha was and will always be that Pop girl.

i recently replaced my standard Warrior CD with the 2xcd Japanese release.

back in 2012 my brother and i went out to Best Buy and i picked up Lights (us version) by Ellie Goulding and standard Warrior thinking the green artwork was just an alt to the deluxe edition and that the deluxe tracks were simply hidden/unlisted tracks just because the labeled sealing sticker said Ke$ha - Warrior (Deluxe Version) on the standard CD 💀

i have the US standard of everything else, except i dont have the remix album.

• LMAO 1

Just now, Vixen Eyes said:

i recently replaced my standard Warrior CD with the 2xcd Japanese release.

back in 2012 my brother and i went out to Best Buy and i picked up Lights (us version) by Ellie Goulding and standard Warrior thinking the green artwork was just an alt to the deluxe edition and that the deluxe tracks were simply hidden/unlisted tracks just because the labeled sealing sticker said Ke$ha - Warrior (Deluxe Version) on the standard CD 💀

i have the US standard of everything else, except i dont have the remix album.

💀

i have:

Kesha - Animal (UK Version)

Kesha - Animal + Cannibal

Kesha - High Road

Kesha - Warrior (Deluxe Edition)

Kesha - I Am The Dance Commander + ICYTD

Kesha - Rainbow

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bearsbummer said:

https://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/105618181.html

if anyone doesn´t feel like clicking:

-Bonnie has had ten #1 songs (including two UK #1s with Rita and Cheryl). She seems to regret giving Cheryl "I Don't Care" and isn't a fan of the title change or some of the lyric changes. The song was originally called "Waking Up Diagonal".

-Bonnie became friends with Katy Perry when they were both struggling singer-songwriters selling their clothes. Met Luke socially through Katy. She and Katy weren't speaking when Luke brought her in as they had gotten stuck writing "Part of Me" and Katy didn't want her there. They left her in the studio overnight and she figured the song out.

-The song Teenage Dream was written five different times with completely different lyrics.
Katy's original idea for the chorus was "You make me feel like I'm born again, all brand new c'mon Peter Pan".

-Bonnie went home and wrote the "You make me feel like I'm living a, teenage dream" version.
When she brought it in, Luke and Max said they didn't want to hear it at all and sent her to work on the verses with Katy. While they were writing, Bonnie told Katy about it. She loved it and Bonnie told her that the two of them needed to go in and talk Max and Luke into it. Bonnie sang it to them, they knew it was great and Max said "Why didn't you say so?"

-Described writing within Max and Luke's regimented framework as "solving a million dollar word puzzle".

-As a woman in the industry it was especially difficult at the beginning "
there's a lot of sexual harassment. A lot of that. But you just kinda, sad to say, you just sort of get used to it. You know how to read a room and know what time of day is appropriate...There are some people that I won't go to night sessions [with] because people are drinking and things get rowdy. And there are some people who just don't respect that or say a lot of sexist things... I'm just kind of numb to it."

-People listen to her now that she's proven herself but there were many years where that wasn't the case.

-"TGIF" was autobiographical for her and Katy. Bonnie blew $2 million living in LA after getting a record deal when she was 16. After that record deal, she was signed to Warner for six years but only released one album and then was dropped. During that time she was partying a lot and developed an addiction to drugs and alcohol. She said it's a miracle she's still alive.

-Bonnie made the decision to get sober when things were starting to blow up with the number ones and she realized she wouldn't get a third chance.
"I had so much on the line. I was dealing with Dr. Luke and Max Martin and all of these big names and complicated contracts and like kind of manipulative crazy people and I just needed to have my head on straight because I was easy to be taken advantage of."
"I don't think there's anything I could've done differently. I think I got the best deal that I could've gotten at the time. I was nobody. I had nothing going on and Luke took a chance on me. Luke's deals are famously bad. Everybody knows that. It's fine. He's a brilliant businessman so he's getting his. And he gave me my career. I felt it was a bit of a deal with the devil. But most of these deals are. It's just that the face changes."

-She says she had the first moment of true peace in her life when Teenage Dream, California Girls, and Dynamite were all in the top five at the same time and recalls thinking I'm going to be okay. I can die happy because I know that I made a mark on pop history and that's what I set out to do. She says that brief moment of serenity is now gone.

-She defines success for herself as having her own #1 song. 

Thanks. That confirm what i thought and what other artists said : Luke's deal are horrible and hell. I guess Kesha was like trapped and only found the solution of lying so she can have a chance to be free of Luke and her deals with him. But these kind of lies are not ok at all for me. 

• WTF 2

Guys I'm floored. Trying not to overplay these recently leaked songs, I've played each like 3 or 4 times, and the hooks are incredibly catchy. I find myself singing or humming the "c'mon everybody let's go" from S.L.A.Y. or the "ready to go, ready to go, I wanna fucking call you", or that one from Rewind Your Heart. What a waste of hits, Epic truly scored an epic mess with Bonnie :yeah: at least they should've let her release the best 6 of these in an EP before Bombastic and that could've led her to more hits of her own, not only given away (Katy etc).

______

Off topic:

Spoiler

@bearsbummer @Theprettyymess let's do a DM group, I kinda make music myself too!

Edited by Moonchild
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Moonchild said:

Guys I'm floored. Trying not to overplay these recently leaked songs, I've played each like 3 or 4 times, and the hooks are incredibly catchy. I find myself singing or humming the "c'mon everybody let's go" from S.L.A.Y. or the "ready to go, ready to go, I wanna fucking call you", or that one from Rewind Your Heart. What a waste of hits, Epic truly scored an epic mess with Bonnie :yeah: at least they should've let her release the best 6 of these in an EP before Bombastic and that could've led her to more hits of her own, not only given away (Katy etc).

______

Off topic:

Hide contents

@bearsbummer @Theprettyymess let's do a DM group, I kinda make music myself too!

I love that! Still no clue how to do a DM group, Haha!

• Like 1

All these leaks... It feels... like a parallel universe... I would have never believed you if someone were to tell me 3-4 years ago that all these songs would leak in 2021 :awkwardney:

But keep them coming y'all!!! Since she's probably not gonna release anything anytime soon :yeah:

Edited by nanapop99

I made a EP with some of Bonnie's recent releases under the name of Evil McQueen.

Here is What He Did To Me incase it wasn't widely leaked since someone posted You Won't Have Me earlier

Also I had this in my collection, a snippet of Light Up The Night, but I'm not sure if it's Bonnie or where I picked it up from

Edited by Lukeb

8 minutes ago, Lukeb said:

I made a EP with some of Bonnie's recent releases under the name of Evil McQueen.

Here is What He Did To Me incase it wasn't widely leaked since someone posted You Won't Have Me earlier

Also I had this in my collection, a snippet of Light Up The Night, but I'm not sure if it's Bonnie or where I picked it up from

She has a fifth song called "Looking for Trouble" with LVCRFT and Light Up the Night already leaked a few years ago 😉

Also this is the cover that I'm using for the Epic album! I made it a few years ago 😋

Electric Heaven_2.jpg

And this is my tracklist so far! I think it flows pretty well 😁

Capture.JPG

Edited by nanapop99
  • Like 2
  • YAAASSS 1

• Cypher changed the title to Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)