Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)

Muri

yeah if its real I doubt it had any ill intentions behind it probably ignorance rather than malice. but its such a weird thing to say regardless even if it wasn't the t slur using trans as any sort of response to that question is wildly inappropriate and has a lot of pretty bad implications. its really shameful. Bonnie does seem to be heavily involved with the lgbt community so I understand if she picked up on the word but didnt understand the context or implications. I know kesha and katy used the word too albeit 6 years before bonnie did. I assume t slur in 2010/2016 and t slur in 2022 have two different contexts? I wouldn't really know but all around it was a inappropriate and gross thing to say.

funny thing is she got into another drama on twitter a year later over another really poorly worded comment about a trans woman

these are all 5-6 years old now and I can tell she meant it as a complement but... I really hope shes more careful and educated about her word choices and how she speaks about the trans community now, especially as an ally.

Edited by reflection

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, imo it all comes down to Katy, Kesha, and Bonnie coming from a generation that grew up during a time when using offensive language to the LGBTQ+ folks was kind of the 'cool/hip' thing to do. I'm sure they all know better now, but old habits can be hard to shake and they're bound to slip up here and there.

What songs do y'all think will DEFINITELY not make the Epic/vault album? Me thinks:

My-So Called Life
Right Now
Don't Get Mad, Get Famous
Waking Up Diagonal (unless she puts Bonnie's Version after the title)
Mirage
Calling All Cars 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Bambi101 said:

And that's on PERIODT! 

I still find it incomprehensible they had such high expectations of her yet the budget must've been so miniscule that she was forced to use her own house for the American Girl video shoot. It's really commendable how much she was able to do with so little looking back. 

As for S.L.A.Y. not being the best choice, I guess we'll never know how it would fare 😭 Personally, I see a lot of potential with the anthemic sing-along spelling bee gimmick and the LGBTQ+ community would embrace it as well.

Mess, I didn’t know that was her house… another element to highlight my point I guess lol Anyway I’ll forever love American Girl, it’s such a perfect pop song. Deserved the to take over the whole universe.

Btw little flashback, is it just me who remembers forums be like “oh this song is so good, she let Roar go so that this smashes!” back when American Girl was released? Lol

• Like 1

So just found this on Bonnie's BMI, must've been added recently because it definitely wasn't there a few weeks ago. Looks like a Katy Perry song produced by Cirkut, but WHO is Alex Zink? :morning:

YwgYMKR.jpg

Also, found this reply on TikTok where Bonnie insinuates the reason why Right Now won't make the record is because she doesn't have the coins to pay off Max Martin. Is Everything But You in jeopardy??? :fishie:

eNyy3q9.jpg

3 hours ago, K.K. Zeno said:

Mess, I didn’t know that was her house… another element to highlight my point I guess lol Anyway I’ll forever love American Girl, it’s such a perfect pop song. Deserved the to take over the whole universe.

Btw little flashback, is it just me who remembers forums be like “oh this song is so good, she let Roar go so that this smashes!” back when American Girl was released? Lol

Yup, I recall people poking fun at Katy's Prism and saying the album doesn't have as many hits because Bonnie kept all the good ones :cry:

49 minutes ago, K.K. Zeno said:

Little update, she replied to a comment I made on her IG asking about the album with "mixing it as we speak!" 

I don't know how she mix anything 'as she speaks'. I've tried answering my phone once I was mixing a song and it all was a disaster. Let alone scroll through TikTok, choose between comments and specify she is actually mixing S.L.A.Y. when replying to someone who certainly asked for the track :spy: 

• LMAO 1

17 minutes ago, low kii savage said:

bonnie404.exe stopped working, someone gotta update her code to reply with something else than "mixing it as we speak!"

And let's not forget about "sonner than you think" :fishie:

The amount of PTSD I have from all this is insane.

This is what our friend Google says about mixing:

You should expect most mixers to take at least a day per song plus revisions. This means that mixing an entire album of 10 to 12 songs can take several weeks. Revisions on the mixes can easily push a couple weeks into a couple months. Allow time for mixing!

An experienced, professional mixing engineer who works with an assistant can mix a song in a few hours and sometimes even a whole album in a single day, whereas for a beginner audio engineer it might take days or even a week to finish just one mix.

9 minutes ago, Ice Prince said:

I don't know how she mix anything 'as she speaks'. I've tried answering my phone once I was mixing a song and it all was a disaster. Let alone scroll through TikTok, choose between comments and specify she is actually mixing S.L.A.Y. when replying to someone who certainly asked for the track :spy: 

Maybe that's why it takes her literal months? If she's mixing a song while checking her socials and communicating with the fans, also writing new songs and doing photoshoots on the side, and shooting new TikToks it's no wonder the album is nowhere near finished 💀

• LMAO 1
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 1

2 hours ago, Bambi101 said:

Also, found this reply on TikTok where Bonnie insinuates the reason why Right Now won't make the record is because she doesn't have the coins to pay off Max Martin. Is Everything But You in jeopardy??? :fishie:

I knew it :morning: if she can afford atleast one, id prefer everything but you

• Like 1
  • YAAASSS 1
  • Pissed 1

• Cypher changed the title to Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)