Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)

Muri

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, BraveNewSeth said:

This is what I'm worried about. She's not giving us solid dates, just keeps saying that it's coming "soon." You can't keep playing these games with us, Bonnie.

Soon, very soon, sooner than you think... is now the official 2020s version of "this summer."

IF she really does send the Epic album out into the world, how long do you think it will take for her to release the brand new and allegedly "ready to go" album? Me thinks very soon later in 2033.Ā 

• LMAO 1

18 minutes ago, Bambi101 said:

Soon, very soon, sooner than you think... is now the official 2020s version of "this summer."

IF she really does send the Epic album out into the world, how long do you think it will take for her to release the brand new and allegedly "ready to go" album? Me thinks very soon later in 2033.Ā 

I genuinely hope the Epic album will do good so that sheā€™ll keep its sound for future releases.Ā 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, K.K. Zeno said:

I genuinely hope the Epic album will do good so that sheā€™ll keep its sound for future releases.Ā 

I drool over the idea of what a 2022 Epic sequel could sound like but I don't think she can really recapture the same magic without working with Oligee, Jocke Ahlund,Ā  Klas Ahlund, Johnny Newman, or Max Martin because, like it or not -- as gifted of a lyricist as Bonnie is, there's only so much she can do with a track without some of the aforementioned writers/producers' magic. Every great 2010s pop song's backbone is a well-produced slick dance instrumental, big exploding chorus, and memorable strong melodies. When left to her own devices, she hasn't been able to deliver that so consistenly as she had when was under a major label and had access to all the hit makers.

Hopefully, the coin she'll be getting from the soon-to-be-released album/s will be enough for her to afford working with A-list producers on her own material again, so she can get together with people who can give her great beats worthy of her talent. I'd love to see her work with Cirkut, Oscar Holter,Ā Matthew Koma,Ā Aaron Joseph and Aaron Jennings.

Edited by Bambi101
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, Bambi101 said:

I drool over the idea of what a 2022 Epic sequel could sound like but I don't think she can really recapture the same magic without working with Oligee, Jocke Ahlund,Ā  Klas Ahlund, Johnny Newman, or Max Martin because, like it or not -- as gifted of a lyricist as Bonnie is, there's only so much she can do with a track without some of the aforementioned writers/producers' magic. Every great 2010s pop song's backbone is a well-produced slick dance instrumental, big exploding chorus, and memorable strong melodies. When left to her own devices, she hasn't been able to deliver that so consistenly as she had when was under a major label and had access to all the hit makers.

Hopefully, the coin she'll be getting from the soon-to-be-released album/s will be enough for her to afford working with A-list producers on her own material again, so she can get together with people who can give her great beats worthy of her talent. I'd love to see her work with Cirkut, Oscar Holter,Ā Matthew Koma,Ā Aaron Joseph and Aaron Jennings.

She's a great songwriter, like, great. I feel like her post-Epic stuff doesn't sound as well "epic" because she chose so and because (most of) mainstream western music (sadly) became incredibly basic and simpler if compared to the landscape that surrounded the early 10s.

While I do agree that a great team definitely helps to create good music, I don't believe that that specific team is necessary.

There are many producers she could work with to recreate the early 10s sound without necessarily selling her soul imo. Erik Lidbom, is definitely the first name that comes to my mind. He's a Swedish producer who mainly works with J-Pop and K-Pop artists, Bonnie and him also worked together already (Namie Amuro's make it happen), and he's a pro when it comes to dance pop. He doesn't normally work with Westerners, but there are some exceptions. Alexandra Stan's Cherry Pop, Dance, Digital and Zoom Zoom have all been produced by him.

I strongly believe they could create incredible new songs together.

• Like 2

I wonder what ever happened to Sean Walsh? He produced all of the Bombastic EP tracks and I definitely feel like they stood up (quality-wise) to the material she recorded while under Epic.

I do agree with @Bambi101, Bonnie's latest efforts have definitely felt a little more... home-spun. While the melodies and lyrics are still very strong, they are no where near the absolute gold she struck with the Epic songs.

• Like 3

• Cypher changed the title to Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)