Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)

Muri

I am here once again to say I am confident in this year and if she releases nothing ill delete my pophatesflops account on December 31st 2021 at 23:59pm

she didnt have her masters from epic until 2020, and then the pandemic happened the same year

in 2021 she said she had her masters but it wasnt the right time to release

in 2022 she is promising to release music this year

• Like 4
  • Shook 1

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, reflection said:

I am here once again to say I am confident in this year and if she releases nothing ill delete my pophatesflops account on December 31st 2021 at 23:59pm

she didnt have her masters from epic until 2020, and then the pandemic happened the same year

in 2021 she said she had her masters but it wasnt the right time to release

in 2022 she is promising to release music this year

You want official farewell now or first on 31st?

• LMAO 6

3 minutes ago, jamesmax said:

What's frustrating about Bonnie is that she should've continued releasing music after Bombastic and would've probably gained a decent fanbase like Carly and Charli XCX. I think it's too late now cuz she waited so long. 

she would've has a loyal cult following not a in the moment fad following which im starting to think is what she wants

• Like 1

if she did have the epic songs re produced and re recorded i wonder when she did it. i remember her saying back in 2015 she might have to re record them. and then it went to i got my masters back. and she has not mentioned re producing them or re recording them the past few years so i can't imagine them being ready by june/july. depressing.

• Like 1

If she were to rerecord these the way Taylor Swift did, I'm fine with it, but I fear knowing Boner McDonald, she'll go straight ahead and do SLAY (Gospel Version), IWFCY (Ballad Version) and Hot City (SNL Version). I just don't trust her with anything at this point. Give us rough shit, we'll work our way through it

• LMAO 3

I do have to say the original master of sleepwalker sounds so much better than the remaster. they added a bunch of compression and bass to it and made it sound 'modernised'. the old one sounded just like songs did in 2010. thats probably something to expect that'll be a detractor :(

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, reflection said:

I do have to say the original master of sleepwalker sounds so much better than the remaster. they added a bunch of compression and bass to it and made it sound 'modernised'. the old one sounded just like songs did in 2010. thats probably something to expect that'll be a detractor :(

Do you have the original Sleepwalker to share? I only ever listened to the one on Spotify.

I just find it so odd how she keeps dragging everyone along year after year. I mean, just two weeks ago she was responding to everyone on TikTok saying the songs are coming and what not. Hopefully since we’re arriving into summer she’ll surprise us. 

what do you think?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, jamesmax said:

I don't know, I kinda lost hope. She was getting so active on TikTok for a while and now it's be silence for almost a month.

Very much this.

Ngl, I did believe her... or at the very least I had some faith in her taking advantage of the circumstances which were quite favorable this time around. Most countries are getting rid of the pandemic restrictions and things are slowly but surely returning back to normal, there was the momentum with the leaks which sparked some much needed interest in her music again (as many of you have already mentioned), she also got her name in the headlines thanks to April (as in the short film) and the positive reception it's amassed. It's very clear to me she's had a change of heart (for the billionth time!) though because the silence truly is deafening. At the risk of sounding like a Broken Record.mp3 -- if she had ANY intention of releasing music this summer she would've already started promoting... Last year, she was doing podcasts and video interviews everywhere, now? I'm sorry but her songwriting TikToks and Jessica Rabbit tributes hardly count as promo. I don't know what her plan is, but the chances of her dropping the album are very very slim right now.

Edited by Bambi101
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, low kii savage said:

If she were to rerecord these the way Taylor Swift did, I'm fine with it, but I fear knowing Boner McDonald, she'll go straight ahead and do SLAY (Gospel Version), IWFCY (Ballad Version) and Hot City (SNL Version). I just don't trust her with anything at this point. Give us rough shit, we'll work our way through it

not gospel version--😭

• YAAASSS 1
  • LMAO 1

• Cypher changed the title to Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)