Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)

Muri

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Theprettyymess said:

I just find it so odd how she keeps dragging everyone along year after year. I mean, just two weeks ago she was responding to everyone on TikTok saying the songs are coming and what not. Hopefully since we’re arriving into summer she’ll surprise us. 

what do you think?

tbh, i doubt we´re getting any material from her. but it´s bonnie..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, reflection said:

at minimum she should give us the album like a Taylors version. keep them to the original spirit yet not release demos

honestly, i´m fine if she doesn´t release the record on streaming services. she should. but we´ve gotten almost all of the material that was originally intended to be on the record.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, reflection said:

so shes been teasing and confirming all these epic tracks for this year.. but said shes releasing the 2019 album in the summer? is this some sort of revenge troll for the leaks:orly:

trouble side b with right now, going on strike and other songs that no one cares about

• Shook 1
  • Pissed 1
  • LMAO 1

Where did the idea that she only got her Epic masters back in 2020 come from? Was this ever confirmed anywhere, or just hearsay from a fan sliding into Bonnie's DM's?

I ask because I remember before "Thorns" came out (early 2017) Bonnie posted on her Instagram Stories that she was having a listening party with her friends to help decide which tracks should be on yet another album that never came to fruition (I assume this eventually went on to become the unreleased 2019 album as she described that album as "darker"). Anyway, I'm 99% sure that she said "S.L.A.Y." and "I Wanna Fucking Call You" were played at the listening party. Would she really have considered them for an album if she didn't already own the master recordings and rights to release them? Why the hell would Epic have held her masters hostage up until 2020? Anyway, slow news day and this just came to mind. Something tells me that she bought back (most of) her masters shortly after leaving Epic, and planned to release an album after the Bombastic EP, but... you know Bonnie. Always full of self-doubt and empty promises.

Side note: She really needs to re-evaluate her "friends" if they really did convince her to release "Thorns" over any of the Epic tracks.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, zaynphallic said:

Side note: She really needs to re-evaluate her "friends" if they really did convince her to release "Thorns" over any of the Epic tracks.

Not us slowly evolving from complaining about Bonnie to soon complaining about her friends, family and partners :cackle:  (Thorns is cute tho... sometimes...)

• LMAO 3

9 minutes ago, zaynphallic said:

Where did the idea that she only got her Epic masters back in 2020 come from? Was this ever confirmed anywhere, or just hearsay from a fan sliding into Bonnie's DM's?

I ask because I remember before "Thorns" came out (early 2017) Bonnie posted on her Instagram Stories that she was having a listening party with her friends to help decide which tracks should be on yet another album that never came to fruition (I assume this eventually went on to become the unreleased 2019 album as she described that album as "darker"). Anyway, I'm 99% sure that she said "S.L.A.Y." and "I Wanna Fucking Call You" were played at the listening party. Would she really have considered them for an album if she didn't already own the master recordings and rights to release them? Why the hell would Epic have held her masters hostage up until 2020?

I think most of the confusion stems from her telling different things to different people. I've only ever heard her bring up the masters situation once in a podcast from 2021 and the way she worded things made it seem like she owned them right after leaving Epic because she was able to negotiate some deal with them. Also, her not having the 'rights' to the songs was something she supposedly said at some point during live streams, but as I do not follow those and it's impossible to find them I really can't confirm that.

9 minutes ago, zaynphallic said:

I lowkey think her friends want to sabotage her sometimes because Thorns was SO NOT a lead single material. The only good advice they ever gave her was to put Easy on the Bombastic EP as she apparently had some doubts about including it, but her friends loved it.

Btw, not sure if this is a well-known factoid, but I Want It All is actually a much much older song than the rest of the tracks on Bombastic.

"I Want It All is actually an older song, I wrote it about.. maybe 6 years ago, um, and it was kind of forgotten on a hardrive somewhere for a long time, and when I wrote Bombastic and that was kinda the song I wanted to base the EP around I was like what else do I have in this vein, like, what other more like kinda rock n roll songs with teeth do I have, and I dug that one up; I wrote it with Greg Kurstin and Oligee from Oliver, and... it's actually a song about.. I wrote it when I was like signing a bunch of deals with like, you know, different corporations and publishers and stuff, and the first line is 'I would make a deal with the Devil, turn my heart into metal just to get to you' and the second verse says 'I would cut like a razor, sign in blood on the paper just to get to you' and it's a song to my fans. It's about how I basically sold my soul for rock n roll and I would do anything to get to my audience because I need them - I need that audience." - Bonnie McKee, July 2015

• Like 3

1 hour ago, low kii savage said:

Not us slowly evolving from complaining about Bonnie to soon complaining about her friends, family and partners :cackle:  (Thorns is cute tho... sometimes...)

No I’ve been doing this cuz this has been her method for years & I hate it. Idk why would ask her friends for opinions instead of the reaction / feed back of performing the songs live or sharing snippets

• Like 3

• Cypher changed the title to Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)