Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)

Muri

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

50 minutes ago, Cypher said:

Sadly the full version never leaked because the snip came from a publishing site that only had the clip. At that time, nobody had the full version, so only the snip was being traded. Not sure if people have been able to get it since then.

What publishing site was it on??

• Like 1

15 hours ago, zaynphallic said:

I figured I may as well throw my album cover concept into the ring (while we wait for the last few tracks to leak 🤞😜). It's still a rough work in progress but you get the idea. I prefer the title "American Girl" over "Electric Heaven" personally. I feel like it encapsulates the feeling of the record more, and it's just so Bonnie.

Bonnie-Mockup.jpg

American Girl as the title makes the most sense seeing as it’s the lead single. And we would always say, ‘The Bombastic Album’ referencing 2015 

I dunno how Electric Heaven became a popular title. And then a few call it somebody’s gonna get hurt. 

9 hours ago, CloneX2 said:

American Girl as the title makes the most sense seeing as it’s the lead single. And we would always say, ‘The Bombastic Album’ referencing 2015 

I dunno how Electric Heaven became a popular title. And then a few call it somebody’s gonna get hurt. 

Somebody's Gonna Get Hurt was featured as the album's title in a producer's website and that's why people use it. For further info, check page 1 of this thread.

Electric Heaven sounded as a great album title in the opinion of some members here before the song leaked, me included, but after listening to the track, at least I decided to change it. The song is in my top 3 of the sessions but it no longer sounds like title track material to me.

American Girl makes the most sense as the title - but not because of it being the lead single. It's more because of the aesthetics embodied in the songs. After listening to them all a few times, I feel like the Americana motifs (of course, most evident in the title track) permeate through most of these songs. It gives very Hollywood-esque, Vegas-like, Californian imagery. I feel that's why American Girl is the most fitting title for the album.

P.S. Don't Get Mad, Get Famous apparently was alluded by McKee herself as a potential album title, I don't remember if it was in an interview or during an episode of the Breaking Bonnie series. I can't confirm if it's true but I remember reading about it here in the thread as well.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Moonchild said:

Somebody's Gonna Get Hurt was featured as the album's title in a producer's website and that's why people use it. For further info, check page 1 of this thread.

Electric Heaven sounded as a great album title in the opinion of some members here before the song leaked, me included, but after listening to the track, at least I decided to change it. The song is in my top 3 of the sessions but it no longer sounds like title track material to me.

American Girl makes the most sense as the title - but not because of it being the lead single. It's more because of the aesthetics embodied in the songs. After listening to them all a few times, I feel like the Americana motifs (of course, most evident in the title track) permeate through most of these songs. It gives very Hollywood-esque, Vegas-like, Californian imagery. I feel that's why American Girl is the most fitting title for the album.

P.S. Don't Get Mad, Get Famous apparently was alluded by McKee herself as a potential album title, I don't remember if it was in an interview or during an episode of the Breaking Bonnie series. I can't confirm if it's true but I remember reading about it here in the thread as well.

Completely agree with all of this. 👏 I think "Don't Get Mad, Get Famous" would have been an iconic album title, though a little self-indulgent given that... well... we all know how things panned out. During the Karmin tour (towards the demise of her deal with Epic) she said that she had the album ready to go. She also said that "Don't Get Mad" was never finished (as evident by the leak) so I think she may have scrapped that idea. I guess we'll never know!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, zaynphallic said:

Completely agree with all of this. 👏 I think "Don't Get Mad, Get Famous" would have been an iconic album title, though a little self-indulgent given that... well... we all know how things panned out. During the Karmin tour (towards the demise of her deal with Epic) she said that she had the album ready to go. She also said that "Don't Get Mad" was never finished (as evident by the leak) so I think she may have scrapped that idea. I guess we'll never know!

There were a few online promotions from Epic eluding to DGM being a single. 

I can try to dig them up. 
TBH Electric Heaven just fit the vibe of like 80s synth and bass that she was clearly going for, so it made most sense to me to use that. 

She straight up may never have had a final title or track list. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Volcanion said:

There were a few online promotions from Epic eluding to DGM being a single. 

I can try to dig them up. 
TBH Electric Heaven just fit the vibe of like 80s synth and bass that she was clearly going for, so it made most sense to me to use that. 

She straight up may never have had a final title or track list. 

i remember that.

and yeah, that's why i have Electric Heaven as the title name.

• Like 1

I named the Album American Girl. That's where I keep the best of the best. What I imagine/hope would be closest to the official album.

Than I have an Album called American Girl: Somebody's Gonna Get Hurt. Kind of like a Fame Monster or Cannibal. Basically a "deluxe version" or whatever. Love You To Pieces really grew on me. When I first heard it I thought "yeah, meh" but I really like it now.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, schami66 said:

Than I have an Album called American Girl: Somebody's Gonna Get Hurt. Kind of like a Fame Monster or Cannibal. Basically a "deluxe version" or whatever. Love You To Pieces really grew on me. When I first heard it I thought "yeah, meh" but I really like it now.

smart! :))

15 hours ago, Forever21 said:

I believe that song was given to Galantis no? It even features the vocals of Bonnie on the final version but they are heavily edited so they don't sound like her at all😪

Yeah but she said a more stripped solo version was coming. So there MIGHT be another version out there still. The one that leaked said “guided instrumental” so it could be guiding Bonnie or guiding galantis who knows. But she definitely said multiple times her version was coming & like twice that it was slower. Which could possibly be this one that leaked. Again I’m just guessing here.

Edited by followcher
  • Like 3
  • Shook 1

• Cypher changed the title to Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)