Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)

Muri

1 minute ago, BonnieMcChicken said:

i agree. but if the only songs people really want from you are these and you say they arn't coming and you don't give anyone hope then no one will check it out. if she does release an album we will all be looking to see if any of these songs make it. unless she says they wont come out officially. and i'm sure some people wont even wait to check it out. maybe i'm wrong 

I wouldn't wait to check out any release of her.

But I also don't want to be left hanging after a neverending sequence of years-long "it's coming!" followed by literal years of silence. It's better in my opinion to keep shut about something that is not coming in the near future - no matter how much people want it. If it's not coming anytime soon, buzz is useless.

• Like 2

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, BonnieMcChicken said:

i agree. but if the only songs people really want from you are these and you say they arn't coming and you don't give anyone hope then no one will check it out. if she does release an album we will all be looking to see if any of these songs make it. unless she says they wont come out officially. and i'm sure some people wont even wait to check it out. maybe i'm wrong 

Honestly if all you want from her are these songs then you’re not really a stan? A casual fan maybe? Bonnie is way more than just “the epic album”. Her entire discography I admire so much & am willing to forget this album if she asks us to cuz I know she has the ability to make more bops.

• Like 4

Just now, Moonchild said:

I wouldn't wait to check out any release of her.

But I also don't want to be left hanging after a neverending sequence of years-long "it's coming!" followed by literal years of silence. It's better in my opinion to keep shut about something that is not coming in the near future - no matter how much people want it. If it's not coming anytime soon, buzz is useless.

i agree. everyone who has the songs here should just leak it. don't do to use what bonnie has done for years. 

• Like 1

Just now, followcher said:

Honestly if all you want from her are these songs then you’re not really a stan? A casual fan maybe? Bonnie is way more than just “the epic album”. Her entire discography I admire so much & am willing to forget this album if she asks us to cuz I know she has the ability to make more bops.

i agree. i'm just thinking of how she may be approaching the situation. she keeps performing forever 21 cause she knows people want it. she doesn't perform her unreleased album.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, followcher said:

https://open.spotify.com/track/5hkXfuPUBijG1aBldN7U33?si=ZCkbFuLNQASfG1-jFoE8NA

3 minutes ago, followcher said:

but let's be real. you're willing to forget the album because you have it. if you didn't have it you might not be as willing to. no shade. 

• Like 2

something I've always thought about bonnie is that personally since going independent she's never had the "mentality" so to say of being independent. whenever she talks about music or releasing she always says things along the lines of "oh its so up in the air being an independent artist, you never know when things will come out or when to release things" and I've always seen her working around music to be so record label friendly. I think she's just honestly too used to the real industry and the contracts and the game plans and the big production of it all to ever let that go. her being independent and truly not having that environment of a big label and still believing in that so much is the reason she is so behind when its coming to any new material in years.

• Like 2

The thing is, I really do love any and all Bonnie. I have to say I have a bias with oligee and josh Abraham, stylistically in production they are my favourite she has worked with, then again I have heard bombastic around 30 times and that’s as a relatively new stan lol. I love bombastic in a different way, I love the edge I love the production style I adore the vocals. I love thorns especially out of the droplets, thorns is so underrated and is one of my fave songs by her.  I feel like especially right now we al have a fixation aswell with the epic album considering we’ll recent events and on my end the lack of closure and certainty that have dragged us back into that time. I’ll never forget the day I looped bombastic 13 times though

Edited by onewish
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, BonnieMcChicken said:

but let's be real. you're willing to forget the album because you have it. if you didn't have it you might not be as willing to. no shade. 

i don't have it all? i have't asked her about the album since her show at the peppermint club i went to when i was in la.

im used to my faves pulling this shit. it's nothing new to me.

you can be shady, idc that's fine.

Edited by followcher

Just now, followcher said:

i don't have it all? i have't asked her about the album since her show at the peppermint club i went to when i was in la.

im used to my faves pulling this shit. it's nothing new to me.

but we have most of it by now. so it's easier to say we can move past it now. would we all really be willing to forget forever 21 and not want to hear it? 

• Like 1

Just now, BonnieMcChicken said:

but we have most of it by now. so it's easier to say we can move past it now. would we all really be willing to forget forever 21 and not want to hear it? 

After Forever 21 I will finally live in peace the rest of it can be enjoyed by people alone in their basements for all I care 😅

• Like 1

• Cypher changed the title to Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)