Kesha's Lawyer Says Her Career Is Almost over

Main Pop Girl

tumblr_mckeaj2yyp1rfivrho1_500.gif 

On Friday, Kesha pushed for a preliminary injunction in the ongoing legal battle against her alleged sexual abuser Dr. Luke, arguing that unless a decision is made soon, her career might become irreparably damaged. The producer filed counter-suits claiming that Kesha is just trying to get out of her recording contract. Her attorney Mark Geragos explained to a New York judge why it’s imperative for Kesha that the case be decided soon: 

Until this Court rules on the declaratory judgment claim, Kesha is at an impasse. She cannot work with music producers, publishers, or record labels to release new music. With no new music to perform, Kesha cannot tour. Off the radio and stage and out of the spotlight, Kesha cannot sell merchandise, receive sponsorships, or get media attention. Her brand value has fallen, and unless the Court issues this injunction, Kesha will suffer irreparable harm, plummeting her career past the point of no return. 

Jim Urie, former president and CEO of Universal Music Group Distribution, submitted an affidavit supporting Kesha’s claim. “No mainstream distribution company will invest the money necessary to distribute songs for an artist who has fallen from the public eye, as is happening to Kesha at this very moment. Accordingly, if Kesha cannot immediately resume recording and having her music promoted, marketed, and distributed by a major label, her career is effectively over.”

I know a lot of her fans are freaking out about this news, but honestly I think this is just something her lawyer is saying to strengthen their argument. :/ That said, I hope this whole lawsuit is sorted out soon so we can finally hear some new music from sis! :vacuum:

I don't think it will kill her career. Her fans will still be here when she can finally release music again. This is just a little bump in the road. She'll be fine. <3

Maybe, but I feel like the general public already pretty much lost interest in her after 'We R Who We R' and this won't do anything to help that. :'(

• YAAASSS 2

I believe Kesha can and will make a come back. She's very talented and creative as hell. She'll come up with something to either win our hearts our the control of our hips and feet. It's like what ratheartlove said, it's just a bump in the road.

I hope so, but it's hard when she was already straying away from the pop jams she's known for before this whole incident occurred. :'( Miley can get away with it because she was at the peak of her career for Dead Petz, but I don't think Kesh will have as much luck.

I believe Kesha can and will make a come back. She's very talented and creative as hell. She'll come up with something to either win our hearts our the control of our hips and feet. It's like what ratheartlove said, it's just a bump in the road.

I hope so, but it's hard when she was already straying away from the pop jams she's known for before this whole incident occurred. :'( Miley can get away with it because she was at the peak of her career for Dead Petz, but I don't think Kesh will have as much luck.

Pfft. Dead Petz only got recognition for it's name and for the fact that she was the most talked about person because of Nicki at the time.

Pfft. Dead Petz only got recognition for it's name and for the fact that she was the most talked about person because of Nicki at the time.

You're a mess. Nicki hasn't even had any publicity since 'Anaconda', while Miley is in the news every week for one drug related incident or another. If anything, it's Miley giving Nicki a leg up.

But Luke's career has totally gone downhill as well. :/ Back in 2013 before the whole scandal had been publicised, he had four #1 hits. Since then he hasn't had any.

You're a mess. Nicki hasn't even had any publicity since 'Anaconda', while Miley is in the news every week for one drug related incident or another. If anything, it's Miley giving Nicki a leg up.

But Luke's career has totally gone downhill as well. :/ Back in 2013 before the whole scandal had been publicised, he had four #1 hits. Since then he hasn't had any.

I agree that Nicki is trying to ride on Miley's fame. That whole MTV beef was stupid and pointless and I'm glad that she just blew it off like "Whatever bitch."  I think music in general has gone down, not just his career and hers.

• YAAASSS 1

I agree that Nicki is trying to ride on Miley's fame. That whole MTV beef was stupid and pointless and I'm glad that she just blew it off like "Whatever bitch."  I think music in general has gone down, not just his career and hers.

But I mean, wouldn't that make Miley boring and predictable? If she's in the news every week for the same shit, no one's going to be interested or want to know about her anymore. But add Nicki, who's never on the news and now is because she decided to pick a fight with Miley and you got yourself an interested and engaged audience. And they're going to be riled up because you know what happened to Lil' Kim, Lil Mama, Keys, and countless other female rappers. I admit that I feel that the whole calling out was just fake as fuck, though. If Miley says she knows Nicki like she says she does, she wouldn't have shaken it off as so easily. She would have shitted her pants and have gone into hiding in like New Zealand or something. Nicki seriously doesn't fuck around when it comes to beef. But that's just my opinion.

• YAAASSS 1

But I mean, wouldn't that make Miley boring and predictable? If she's in the news every week for the same shit, no one's going to be interested or want to know about her anymore. But add Nicki, who's never on the news and now is because she decided to pick a fight with Miley and you got yourself an interested and engaged audience. And they're going to be riled up because you know what happened to Lil' Kim, Lil Mama, Keys, and countless other female rappers. I admit that I feel that the whole calling out was just fake as fuck, though. If Miley says she knows Nicki like she says she does, she wouldn't have shaken it off as so easily. She would have shitted her pants and have gone into hiding in like New Zealand or something. Nicki seriously doesn't fuck around when it comes to beef. But that's just my opinion.

It's fair enough because you're a stan, but you're overrating Nicki's influence so much rn. :stretcher: There's a bunch of bitches Nicki could have and should have destroyed by now but still hasn't...Azealia, SB, and even just Iggy, to say a few. ;) 

It's fair enough because you're a stan, but you're overrating Nicki's influence so much rn. :stretcher: There's a bunch of bitches Nicki could have and should have destroyed by now but still hasn't...Azealia, SB, and even just Iggy, to say a few. ;) 

Well, idk. I just noticed that when they talk about Miley it's more like "What'd she do this time?" and with Nicki is just "SHE did that?"

But with idk why she hasn't slayed these other basic bitches tbh. I'm so mad too because I so wished that her and Azealia could work together but Banks is just trash now.