The Shade Thread

Main Pop Girl

22 minutes ago, FeralHeart said:

this isn't @ one specific person or people, just an attitude i see a lot, but it bothers me so much to see people act like an artist's successes and talent mean NOTHING unless they're literally the most successful artist on the planet.  "is she still trying?" trying to do what?  if someone can pay the bills using the money they make off their music, and still have plenty leftover to enjoy themselves, isn't that success?

but those same people will pride themselves on knowing virtually unknown artists :stretcher: Like, when Allie X or Melanie stans call Gaga a flop... it's like... how? Gaga's lowest selling albums and singles have outsold their most successful? But then when it comes to a lesser known artist it's suddenly "the numbers don't matter, the talent does" like no, you either care about numbers or you don't. 

I just hate hypocritical little shits :stretcher: 

• YAAASSS 1

I hate the whole "flop" thing in general. Why does it matter if something doesn't sell what you expected? You either like the music or you don't. There's really no reason to bring up petty ass bullshit. 

And then teenagers who think they can run a career better than people in the music industry... show me receipts of you releasing widely successful music or stfu.

• YAAASSS 3

On 7/19/2016 at 4:50 AM, SuccessfulFlop said:

One reason might be that PHF is basically the only public forum that has a music trading thread publicly accessible. Other communities don't allow song trading...

The Music Trading thread is how I found this site last year, tbqh. I was Googling an unreleased song and came across someone's post in the Music Trading thread. So although I understand why y'all get annoyed at people that only read/post in the Music Trading thread, I think it's also a reason why PHF gets a lot of visitors. Maybe the Music Trading thread should have a post-count restriction for members only so people contribute more to PHF than just "trade w/ me plz."?

Yeah, I agree with you. The majority of our users sign up because they've found the Music Trading thread through Google. Even though some of them don't post or just beg for tracks, some of them stay and become part of the community like you so I'm happy we have it!

On 7/19/2016 at 4:55 AM, Tweener said:

I guess this thread being accessible to all is what differentiate PHF from other forums.

idk. I just find it annoying when people are only hunting for good trades and don't give a shit about everything else we do. Even Trayer's masterposts. I'm sure a lot of people downloaded files from them, but only like 6 said thank you or at least commented on the post. It's sad

This is true as well. I remember one time I uploaded a track on SFShare and it got 2 000 downloads but only three people commented on the thread. :shocked: 

On 7/19/2016 at 9:51 AM, FeralHeart said:

not me assuming literally every post in this thread is about me... 

this isn't @ one specific person or people, just an attitude i see a lot, but it bothers me so much to see people act like an artist's successes and talent mean NOTHING unless they're literally the most successful artist on the planet.  "is she still trying?" trying to do what?  if someone can pay the bills using the money they make off their music, and still have plenty leftover to enjoy themselves, isn't that success?

True! But, if someone comes for one of my faves then I'm happy to use their sales or whatever to defend the person I'm stanning for. :P 

• YAAASSS 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Cry Baby said:

It's annoying as fuck when this one person is posting quiet often about others trade lists what's leaked or not, when he keeps the exact same shit + officialy released songs on his list, and when someone bring that to his nose he get's pissed and has the most basic excuses

Let's quote this everytime we add a page to The Shade Thread.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't at certain mentally ill identity thief's, fraudsters, con men, hackers, anorexics, sellers of private information, compulsive liars, hookers, drug addicts, sexists, racists, homophobes, and all around ethically questionable human beings trying to drag me for a lighthearted comment made in jest weeks ago about a completely irrelevant artist as if they have some claim to the moral high ground.

giphy.gif 

Know your place peasants.

tumblr_nk9bxlQWh41t8xblso1_400.gif 

• YAAASSS 2

16 hours ago, Countess said:

I can't at certain mentally ill identity thief's, fraudsters, con men, hackers, anorexics, sellers of private information, compulsive liars, hookers, drug addicts, sexists, racists, homophobes, and all around ethically questionable human beings trying to drag me for a lighthearted comment made in jest weeks ago about a completely irrelevant artist as if they have some claim to the moral high ground.

giphy.gif 

#ExposeThem

16 hours ago, Countess said:

giphy.gif 

11 minutes ago, Cypher said:

#ExposeThem

It's clearly about @Hooker

• YAAASSS 1