American Horror Story: Coven

Jimmy Gnecco

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The performance of the Seven Wonders was actually so incredibly boring that I muted the TV and went to make myself a sandwich rather than sit through it. Glad that Madison died, since I hated her character, but I wish that Cordelia would've brought back Nan instead of Zoe. At least Nan's story was interesting, unlike Zoe's idiotic boy toy arc, which just turned into badly written fanfic after two episodes. Regardless, the second half of the finale was really good. Cordelia came into her own, just as I'd always wanted her to and Fiona was the emotional center of the whole damn thing. I wish the whole season could've been as good as the second half of the finale.

The performance of the Seven Wonders was actually so incredibly boring that I muted the TV and went to make myself a sandwich rather than sit through it.

You really though so?! I thought the Seven Wonders were executed amazingly this past episode. It was definitely the highlight, in my opinion.

The last half was not as amazing as the first, to me, but it definitely did its job and wrapped the show up quite nicely!

You really though so?! I thought the Seven Wonders were executed amazingly this past episode. It was definitely the highlight, in my opinion.

The last half was not as amazing as the first, to me, but it definitely did its job and wrapped the show up quite nicely!

It all seemed so cursory. We all knew that Cordelia was going to be able to complete them and nobody else would before the episode even began, so it was just a matter of who died first. Even that wasn't all that interesting. I'm just kinda pissed at the fact that their original powers were just dropped when they were no longer convenient for plot development.

The last half had arguably the best scene in the series, between Fiona and Cordelia. I didn't care much for the huge line of witches in front of the academy or the fact that they turned the witches into a thinly veiled metaphor for LGBTQ people, but the last half was just so well acted that it makes up for the messy plot.

• 2 weeks later...

Omg, I finally got around to watching this. :stretcher:

I sort of agree with both of you to an extent, but I really think the whole episode in general was a bit of a mess. I loved Queenie as a character, but she did not deserve to be on the witches council. She killed a heap of people, not to mention tried to have sex with a minotaur, so basically she's just a fucked up bitch and if anyone needed to burn at the stake, it was her. :morning: It should have been Misty who remained on the council with Zoe; that or Nan should have come back.

I love how they just wrote Marie out as well, with no one even noticing she'd left. :stretcher: Plus the creepy doll butler guy just disappeared...I'm guessing Kyle may have killed him, but who really knows. I always wanted Cordelia to find him with that baby and steal it away from him, as that's what most of the first half of the season was about for her; having a child. And no one seemed as upset about Madison dying as they should have been.

I agree that the whole metaphor for LGBTQ thing was a little off, although I didn't really mind it too much. Also, I really enjoyed the reasoning behind Fiona's mistrust of Cordelia. It actually made sense character-wise and had some real-world signifigance.

Ultimately, it was an okay finale, but it should have been better imo. I hope next season they plan the storyline out a little better so that it doesn't just end in a clusterfuck like this one did. :morning:

Yes! Lol

I know. I hope it's about a German Traveling Circus. lol

I'm like 90% sure he said it wasn't going to be about a circus  :'( but i think he said that it was a good idea that he'll keep in mind for future seasons, and to be honest I was really kinda of happy with the way it ended. Loved Cordelia and everything. Except for the way misty was killed off because fuck them and fuck that entire show.

I wasn't a big fan of Coven. I hope the next series is a little more suspenseful and thriller-based like Murder House and Asylum.

right! this season didn't really have the disturbing scary factor that the seasons before had, and what little it did have fizzled out.

right! this season didn't really have the disturbing scary factor that the seasons before had, and what little it did have fizzled out.

And it's weird because it didn't start off that way, like with the LaLaurie scenes and the Minotaur (who would've made SUCH a great villain), among others, but then they like forgot about it all half way through. :/

And it's weird because it didn't start off that way, like with the LaLaurie scenes and the Minotaur (who would've made SUCH a great villain), among others, but then they like forgot about it all half way through. :/

Right! tbh it kinda feels like they changed their minds half way through the season and forgot most of the events and key factors of the beginning of the season (like the killer vagina)

Yes, I liked the first few episodes as well. It was about halfway through the season it started to lose its momentum. I really loved the idea of witches and voodoo as well as some of the social issues the season addressed such as racism so it's a shame it didn't turn out so good.

Yes, I liked the first few episodes as well. It was about halfway through the season it started to lose its momentum. I really loved the idea of witches and voodoo as well as some of the social issues the season addressed such as racism so it's a shame it didn't turn out so good.

right!! it's weird tho because the last two seasons they stay focused and did what they wanted and it turned out good (except for asylum's aliens????)

I feel like next season has something to do with a cabaret. The whole Liza Minnelli hip thing in the last episode of Coven feels like a hint. She's famous for her movie Cabaret, which if you didn't know that, we can't be friends :morning: Anyway, it's set in two time periods, the main being the 50s- when cabarets started fading. I want to say it might have to do with aliens too, since the whole Roswell alien thing happened in that time period, but Asylum did aliens already, but the aliens were kinda pointless in it. Hopefully it's not vampires or werewolves though.