American Horror Story: Coven

Jimmy Gnecco

I know it's a while away but new information has come out about it so i figured it would be good to post it! that being said here it is:

• Kathy Bates will be playing a role in the new season and her character will be more devilish then anything she's ever done in the past

• Francis Conroy Will be in 10 of the 13 episodes

• The setting will be in New Orleans

That being said there is some speculation as to what Bate's character will be. It is believed to be Marie Delphine LaLaurie who used to perform terrible experiments on her slaves in the 1800's

Here is a little history of the LaLaurie's

I've been on a ghost tour of New Orleans and seen LaLaurie's house and let me say the stories of stuff that was said to have gone down in the house is downright fucked up. Laulaurie was a socialite in the 1800's who owned a mansion in the the french quarter. She used to torture her slaves.  It's said that on one slave she broke their arms and legs and let them heal upside down so he walked like a crab. She used to keep her cook chained to the stove, broke one slaves bones so he would fit in a tiny cage, and other fucked up shit.The house is said to be cursed and Nicholas Cage actually owned the house at one point but sold it because to many bad things kept happening to him and his family. That being said it sounds like a great place for season 3 to be set in!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it's a while away but new information has come out about it so i figured it would be good to post it! that being said here it is:

• Kathy Bates will be playing a role in the new season and her character will be more devilish then anything she's ever done in the past

• Francis Conroy Will be in 10 of the 13 episodes

• The setting will be in New Orleans

That being said there is some speculation as to what Bate's character will be. It is believed to be Marie Delphine LaLaurie who used to perform terrible experiments on her slaves in the 1800's

Here is a little history of the LaLaurie's

I've been on a ghost tour of New Orleans and seen LaLaurie's house and let me say the stories of stuff that was said to have gone down in the house is downright fucked up. Laulaurie was a socialite in the 1800's who owned a mansion in the the french quarter. She used to torture her slaves.  It's said that on one slave she broke their arms and legs and let them heal upside down so he walked like a crab. She used to keep her cook chained to the stove, broke one slaves bones so he would fit in a tiny cage, and other fucked up shit.The house is said to be cursed and Nicholas Cage actually owned the house at one point but sold it because to many bad things kept happening to him and his family. That being said it sounds like a great place for season 3 to be set in!

omgggg! i haven't even finished the second seaosn yet but this sound amazing :hail:

that said, as creepy as it sounds, i am getting kind of over the whole "creepy person does weird experiments" thing. i hope it's not too similiar to season two!

• 1 month later...

yeah i've always loved witches so I am really excited about this season

Bring back Connie Britton though. :angry:

connie is on a downward spiral with nashville lol

Omg, she'll be amazing! I've never seen Precious but I have seen The Big C and she was so cute. <3

yeah she was pretty good in precious but idk how good she would be at playing one of theses roles, BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT this makes me think it might be about the LaLaurie's but i might be being racist idk

yeah she was pretty good in precious but idk how good she would be at playing one of theses roles, BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT this makes me think it might be about the LaLaurie's but i might be being racist idk

LMAO No you're right tho. I dunno, it would  be interesting/morbid to see what they would do with her character. But also really sad probably.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Ryan Murphy revealed the set up for the next installment of American Horror Story during a Friday night event for Emmy voters. (Full disclosure: This reporter moderated the panel with cast and producers.) Coven will be a massive witch-off: Salem vs. voodoo. "The witches of Salem, the smart ones, got out very early and they were none of the ones who were burned," Murphy explained. "They all gravitated toward New Orleans, where they now live, and every generation has a great witch who has the most powers of them all, and that's called the Supreme. Ms. Jessica Lange is the Supreme."

"It really is about the witches of Salem pitted against voodoo witches," he continued. "It's been a centuries-long feud and it's up to Jessica Lange and Angela Bassett to mend the fence." (Bassett is playing Marie Laveau, "the voodoo queen of New Orleans" whose real-life reign lasted from the 1820s to the 1860s.) Obviously, expect things between the witches

New Info from Ryan Murphy Source

SUPER EXCITED ABOUT EVERYTHING AND THERE IS GOING TO BE A THING ABOUT THE LALAURIES!!! LOVE KATHY BATES SO MUCH

AND

American Horror Story Season 3: Coven Teaser #1 Detention (HD)

Omg, this sounds so good! I hope it is a little more comedic than last season, and I hope it doesn't have that huge slump in the middle of the season like we had with Asylum. The cast is flawless tho and I looove the teaser, it's so unsettling and cool!

New Info from Ryan Murphy Source

SUPER EXCITED ABOUT EVERYTHING AND THERE IS GOING TO BE A THING ABOUT THE LALAURIES!!! LOVE KATHY BATES SO MUCH

AND

American Horror Story Season 3: Coven Teaser #1 Detention (HD)

UGH. I was hoping it was going to be a lot more darker! But I love the fact that there's going to be a rivalry between witches and voodoo people!