Jump to content
  • Leaving
    Leaving

    Nicole Scherzinger Sued By Pussycat Dolls Founder Over Reunion

    When The Pussycat Dolls announced their reunion back in 2019, fans were hopeful that the group had turned over a new leaf. The girls seemed more bonded than ever in interviews, there were promises that all five of them would get a chance to sing (and not just frontwoman and "featured artist" Nicole Scherzinger), and their first new release in over a decade teased the impressive choreography the group was known for in their heyday.

    Sadly, things have never been smooth sailing in the Pussycat Dolls camp, and their reunion is no exception. Following several COVID-related delays and a seriously weird music video for 'Santa Baby', reports have now emerged stating that Scherzinger is being sued by Robin Antin, the group's mastermind and manager.

    The lawsuit relates to the deal that was made in preparation for the group's reunion tour, in which Scherzinger agreed to accept 49% of Pussycat Dolls Worldwide's shares and profits for the tour in exchange for her participation. Antin, the CEO of Pussycat Dolls Worldwide and the creator of the group, apparently "only agreed to transfer the shares to Scherzinger based upon Scherzinger's promise to perform as part of the reunion tour".

    While she initially agreed to the terms of this deal, Scherzinger has since reneged on her commitment to the tour, and is now demanding full creative control over the show and a larger share in the group's business. Scherzinger is now demanding 75% of Pussycat Dolls Worldwide and "final decision-making authority" over the group's output, and is threatening not to participate in the tour until her demands are met. "Tour dates were planned but are unable to be confirmed because of Scherzinger's extortion," Antin's lawyers stated.

    The court case has grown to include more than just PCD, with tour promoter Live Nation now asking for a refund on their $600 000 investment into the shows.

    The lawsuit will surely throw a wrench in the group's plans to reunite, which were already delayed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Reuniting for the first time in late 2019, the group released comeback single 'React' as promotion for their concert tour, dubbed the Unfinished Business Tour, and teased more music to come, with many fans expecting a Greatest Hits album to match their tour. Naturally, the tour dates were pushed into late 2020 before being rescheduled for 2021, and fans have heard no news regarding rescheduled dates since March of this year, all of which are currently listed as "To Be Confirmed".

    Is Nicole within her rights to demand more money as the frontwoman of PCD? Or is this more of the diva behaviour that we've long suspected of her? Let us know in the comments below!

    User Feedback

    Recommended Comments

    28 minutes ago, 365MM said:

    Ugh, I hate all these legal disputes. If a deal was signed on, everyone should stand by it. If it was renegotiated (esp bc covid) then that’s that, but just wanting more isn’t fair for anyone.

    I agree. Nicole is sounding like a real diva here. The fact that she wants 75% which only leaves 25% for four other active members of the band AND Robin AND Melody is crazy!

    • Like 1
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    2 hours ago, Skinny Legend said:

    I agree. Nicole is sounding like a real diva here. The fact that she wants 75% which only leaves 25% for four other active members of the band AND Robin AND Melody is crazy!

    actually thats not the case. those 100% from PCD WorldWide are only between Nicole and Robin.

     

    the distribution between the girls come from other incomes. 

     

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    17 hours ago, Killer Lovee said:

    actually thats not the case. those 100% from PCD WorldWide are only between Nicole and Robin.

     

    the distribution between the girls come from other incomes. 

     

    Whaaat? They don't even get a share in the company they helped build? :yeah: That just makes things worse tbh

    16 hours ago, Theprettyymess said:

    Shady Boots baby! Drop Nicole and continue w the other girls. The true fans will stick around while the Nicole lovers will fall off! Xoxoxox

    Yes! Drop Nicole and bring back Melody to lead the band :cackle: 

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    I have a ticket for this show hahaha  - they have literally stopped sending updates at this point.

    I would prefer if Nicole didnt do the tour now. But I know for a lot of people they would be going to see her. so if she doesnt tour they could lose alot. Personally I was never going to see her anyway - it was Carmit the legend, Kimberly the role model and Ashley the glamazon for me. Throw Melody in and drop Nicole. See how she fairs without the girls. Dont see a Nicole tour happening anytime soon

    Edited by Itainteasy
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    8 hours ago, Itainteasy said:

    I have a ticket for this show hahaha  - they have literally stopped sending updates at this point.

    I would prefer if Nicole didnt do the tour now. But I know for a lot of people they would be going to see her. so if she doesnt tour they could lose alot. Personally I was never going to see her anyway - it was Carmit the legend, Kimberly the role model and Ashley the glamazon for me. Throw Melody in and drop Nicole. See how she fairs without the girls. Dont see a Nicole tour happening anytime soon

    What a mess 🙄 I'm with you all the way. Downgrade to smaller venues, bring back Melody and let's put on a good show with ALL the girls getting a chance to sing!

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    People really want them to drop Nicole, while Robin is the biggest problem in this case. If it is up to Robin this girls will do only one touring cycle and then be dropped for a new generation of women. It didn't work for Girlicious, it didn't work for the Paradiso Girls, it didn't work for G.R.L.

    Nicole invested 150.000$ in this tour, Robin got a deal out of Live Nation completely based on Nicole's participation on this tour a.k.a. the hag didn't invested anything herself. Nicole is the one who used her side jobs on the XFactor and Australia's Got Talent to network in markets and get these tour deals. It has been Nicole's management who helped set-up what happened late 2019/early 2020.

    Robin has done nothing for PCD beside being the brand owner but she is hardly a business woman. She tried to launch fitness DVDs and the only one which sold a bit was the one where Nicole was the special guest. The opened her dance studio and the biggest publicity it got was Carmit and Nicole reuniting in that studio to do the Buttons routine.

    Nicole has showed more time, energy etc. to make this happen than Robin. This brand would be better off had it been owned by Universal Music with Robin completely out of the picture.

    Also never forget that Robin and her team for Girlicious fired Tifanny because they found that she looked 'too urban' to fit in a group who would transition to a pop sound. And also don't forget Robin as creative director has been photoshopping Carmit out of everything PCD related during the Doll Domination era, including the PCD album cover, as seen in the tourbook.

    Also don't forget that this whole lawsuit is based on a memorendum of understanding, it is not a legally binding document, it is an agreement at that place and time that in most cases gets used as blue print for an actual contract. The pandemic changed all of our lives and perspectives. So I think in a sense Nicole wants to change it because she potentially wants to continue the group even after one tour, because it could have more potential. While in Robin's original plans, the group would disband in favor of a new line-up leaving all 5 girls out of the group as soon as the tour ends. I feel the tour and these demands Nicole now makes are more used as leverage to eventually change the deal in favor of maintaining PCD as it is, and to hopefully scrap any plans for a new generation and all that bull crap, since it would only lead to more dissapointment.

     

    I hope Melody never returns, she is better solo

    Edited by IVYonce
    • Like 2
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    On 11/18/2021 at 1:11 PM, IVYonce said:

    People really want them to drop Nicole, while Robin is the biggest problem in this case. If it is up to Robin this girls will do only one touring cycle and then be dropped for a new generation of women. It didn't work for Girlicious, it didn't work for the Paradiso Girls, it didn't work for G.R.L.

    Nicole invested 150.000$ in this tour, Robin got a deal out of Live Nation completely based on Nicole's participation on this tour a.k.a. the hag didn't invested anything herself. Nicole is the one who used her side jobs on the XFactor and Australia's Got Talent to network in markets and get these tour deals. It has been Nicole's management who helped set-up what happened late 2019/early 2020.

    Robin has done nothing for PCD beside being the brand owner but she is hardly a business woman. She tried to launch fitness DVDs and the only one which sold a bit was the one where Nicole was the special guest. The opened her dance studio and the biggest publicity it got was Carmit and Nicole reuniting in that studio to do the Buttons routine.

    Nicole has showed more time, energy etc. to make this happen than Robin. This brand would be better off had it been owned by Universal Music with Robin completely out of the picture.

    Also never forget that Robin and her team for Girlicious fired Tifanny because they found that she looked 'too urban' to fit in a group who would transition to a pop sound. And also don't forget Robin as creative director has been photoshopping Carmit out of everything PCD related during the Doll Domination era, including the PCD album cover, as seen in the tourbook.

    Also don't forget that this whole lawsuit is based on a memorendum of understanding, it is not a legally binding document, it is an agreement at that place and time that in most cases gets used as blue print for an actual contract. The pandemic changed all of our lives and perspectives. So I think in a sense Nicole wants to change it because she potentially wants to continue the group even after one tour, because it could have more potential. While in Robin's original plans, the group would disband in favor of a new line-up leaving all 5 girls out of the group as soon as the tour ends. I feel the tour and these demands Nicole now makes are more used as leverage to eventually change the deal in favor of maintaining PCD as it is, and to hopefully scrap any plans for a new generation and all that bull crap, since it would only lead to more dissapointment.

     

    I hope Melody never returns, she is better solo

    Couldn’t have said it any better 👏

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    On 11/19/2021 at 3:11 AM, IVYonce said:

    People really want them to drop Nicole, while Robin is the biggest problem in this case. If it is up to Robin this girls will do only one touring cycle and then be dropped for a new generation of women. It didn't work for Girlicious, it didn't work for the Paradiso Girls, it didn't work for G.R.L.

    Nicole invested 150.000$ in this tour, Robin got a deal out of Live Nation completely based on Nicole's participation on this tour a.k.a. the hag didn't invested anything herself. Nicole is the one who used her side jobs on the XFactor and Australia's Got Talent to network in markets and get these tour deals. It has been Nicole's management who helped set-up what happened late 2019/early 2020.

    Robin has done nothing for PCD beside being the brand owner but she is hardly a business woman. She tried to launch fitness DVDs and the only one which sold a bit was the one where Nicole was the special guest. The opened her dance studio and the biggest publicity it got was Carmit and Nicole reuniting in that studio to do the Buttons routine.

    Nicole has showed more time, energy etc. to make this happen than Robin. This brand would be better off had it been owned by Universal Music with Robin completely out of the picture.

    Also never forget that Robin and her team for Girlicious fired Tifanny because they found that she looked 'too urban' to fit in a group who would transition to a pop sound. And also don't forget Robin as creative director has been photoshopping Carmit out of everything PCD related during the Doll Domination era, including the PCD album cover, as seen in the tourbook.

    Also don't forget that this whole lawsuit is based on a memorendum of understanding, it is not a legally binding document, it is an agreement at that place and time that in most cases gets used as blue print for an actual contract. The pandemic changed all of our lives and perspectives. So I think in a sense Nicole wants to change it because she potentially wants to continue the group even after one tour, because it could have more potential. While in Robin's original plans, the group would disband in favor of a new line-up leaving all 5 girls out of the group as soon as the tour ends. I feel the tour and these demands Nicole now makes are more used as leverage to eventually change the deal in favor of maintaining PCD as it is, and to hopefully scrap any plans for a new generation and all that bull crap, since it would only lead to more dissapointment.

     

    I hope Melody never returns, she is better solo

    TL;DR :wink: 

    But regardless, it's still wrong for Nicole to be asking for 49% of the proceeds when there's literally four other girls on stage with her working (almost) as hard as she is. I don't care about Robin getting money or not but it's shady and mean for her to be doing that to her "sisters"

    • YAAASSS 1
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    10 hours ago, Skinny Legend said:

    TL;DR :wink: 

    But regardless, it's still wrong for Nicole to be asking for 49% of the proceeds when there's literally four other girls on stage with her working (almost) as hard as she is. I don't care about Robin getting money or not but it's shady and mean for her to be doing that to her "sisters"

    sis, its not “49% of proceeds”.

     

    its from the brand PCD Worldwide, which includes the right to say what happens with the brand on the tour and after. As said before, Robin wants to launch PCD Next Generation and drop the og girls after the reunion tour. So no, Nicole doesn’t want everything to herself. she wants to protect the band that she (and the 5 other girls) made famous. if anyone knows pcd around the world, its due to their hard work. so robin has completely lost her mind but people only read the headlines and think she’s right lol

    • Like 1
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    On 11/23/2021 at 7:44 AM, Killer Lovee said:

    sis, its not “49% of proceeds”.

     

    its from the brand PCD Worldwide, which includes the right to say what happens with the brand on the tour and after. As said before, Robin wants to launch PCD Next Generation and drop the og girls after the reunion tour. So no, Nicole doesn’t want everything to herself. she wants to protect the band that she (and the 5 other girls) made famous. if anyone knows pcd around the world, its due to their hard work. so robin has completely lost her mind but people only read the headlines and think she’s right lol

    You're right, it's not 49%. They agreed on 49% and then Nicole got greedy and asked for 75% :roll: Seriously don't know how you can justify her getting three quarters of the proceeds with four other members and Robin in the picture.

    Robin hasn't worked on Next Generation for years after her last two attempts flopped, as I'm sure you know. Stop spreading false information and just admit your fave is being selfish

    • LMAO 1
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    On 11/24/2021 at 6:36 AM, Skinny Legend said:

    You're right, it's not 49%. They agreed on 49% and then Nicole got greedy and asked for 75% :roll: Seriously don't know how you can justify her getting three quarters of the proceeds with four other members and Robin in the picture.

    Robin hasn't worked on Next Generation for years after her last two attempts flopped, as I'm sure you know. Stop spreading false information and just admit your fave is being selfish

    It’s not false information, you can read Robin’s file against Nicole

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    I am Unsure where the new generation and dropping the current line up came from. do we have sources?

    I think Nicole releasing some sort of statement to clear things up would be ideal. I am unsure if she did this? It would stop people like me just going off headlines and articles online.

    Regardless my ass is yet to see a show and yet to be offered a refund whilst all this is happening.

    I also think Nicole ISNT the band. people really downplay how valid and known Jessica, Ashley, Kimberley and Carmit are. The audience dont vibe with Nicole as a solo artist and there is already a public thought that Nicole is somewhat of a diva. She needs the other girls and PCD. Its a shame because on Xfactor she was funny af 'Balls!'.

    Didn't know the Tiffany - Girlicious thing. Shocking!

    In terms of Carmit- in an interview she said she wanted to do a movie but it conflicted with Doll Domination so she had to pick and ended up out of the band. What a shame.

    Either way the pcd is losing steam currently

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    1 hour ago, Itainteasy said:

    I am Unsure where the new generation and dropping the current line up came from. do we have sources?

    I think Nicole releasing some sort of statement to clear things up would be ideal. I am unsure if she did this? It would stop people like me just going off headlines and articles online.

    Regardless my ass is yet to see a show and yet to be offered a refund whilst all this is happening.

    I also think Nicole ISNT the band. people really downplay how valid and known Jessica, Ashley, Kimberley and Carmit are. The audience dont vibe with Nicole as a solo artist and there is already a public thought that Nicole is somewhat of a diva. She needs the other girls and PCD. Its a shame because on Xfactor she was funny af 'Balls!'.

    Didn't know the Tiffany - Girlicious thing. Shocking!

    In terms of Carmit- in an interview she said she wanted to do a movie but it conflicted with Doll Domination so she had to pick and ended up out of the band. What a shame.

    Either way the pcd is losing steam currently

    So I just checked out this article and it explains a lot!

    @IVYonce is kinda right in that PCD Worldwide wasn't related to the tour - it was a new business venture that no one's made money from yet from the looks of it. Still, the fact Nicole was getting 32.5% of the profits from the tour while poor Carmit gets only 5% is so fucked up :cypher: Apparently none of the other girls were getting any profits from PCD Worldwide at all - it was just Nicole and Robin which is also messed up to me - and I STILL don't see how Nicole is justifying taking 75% of that, particularly if that's involving a "new generation" which Nicole isn't even a part of. From the looks of things, the new generation also wasn't meant to replace the other girls; it was meant to be a companion group kinda like S Club 7 had S Club Juniors. 

    I agree with you on Nicole. There's a reason she's never made it as a solo artist. She's lucky she got a shot with her hosting gigs because her music definitely isn't paying the bills!

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites



    Join the conversation

    You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

    Guest
    Add a comment...

    ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

      Only 75 emoji are allowed.

    ×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

    ×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

    ×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...