Would you go to a hologram concert?

Main Pop Girl

Would you go to a hologram concert?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Would you attend a holographic concert?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

With ABBA's recent announcement of a hologram-led show launching in 2022, and Whitney Houston's hologram show launching in Vegas this October, I've been thinking more about holographic concerts and whether or not I would go to one.

Personally, I don't really have a problem with the hologram side of things, as I don't think it's necessary to see the person performing in order to experience a good show. I've never been to a Sia show but judging by what I've seen on YouTube she's still able to put on a good concert without even being seen by the audience.

For me though, what would turn me off a hologram show is the lack of spontaneity...My favourite parts of a show are the audience interaction and hearing people sing live vocals. Without that, I don't think there's much point in going to a show - it's kind of just like going to a club night where they're charing you $150 to get in.

What do you guys think? Would you attend a hologram show or nah? :orly: 

Personally I wouldn’t but holograms are becoming seriously impressive. When I went to see Steps TODF tour watching the interludes between songs when they talked to the audience was lovely, thanking fans etc for support over the years, it made you feel part of the show but never say never everyone stans someone no matter what. I’m guilty of that ?

I am very happy for ABBA fans imagine being an OG and waiting 40 years for new music. I saw people crying I felt there happiness so much. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/5/2021 at 10:35 PM, tajd said:

Personally I wouldn’t but holograms are becoming seriously impressive. When I went to see Steps TODF tour watching the interludes between songs when they talked to the audience was lovely, thanking fans etc for support over the years, it made you feel part of the show but never say never everyone stans someone no matter what. I’m guilty of that ?

I am very happy for ABBA fans imagine being an OG and waiting 40 years for new music. I saw people crying I felt there happiness so much. 

I guess if you view it less as a proper concert and maybe like a tribute act where you can reconnect with the fanbase, it could be fun. Maybe when the technology is a bit cheaper and they can put these kinds of things on in clubs iI would go! I just can't imagine spending $100 or however much they're expecting for a hologram. 

On 9/27/2021 at 4:46 AM, 365MM said:

It would seriously be strange to me! Interesting for sure, but I have conflicting feelings. Especially for dead artists. 

I agree with you about dead artists! I guess it's probably no different than releasing demos after someone has passed, but there's something about using someone's image that seems worse :orly: