Big Time Rush (Unreleased Infopost + Masterpost)

Kipper

4 hours ago, Kipper said:

I honestly don't know a whole lot about the song itself, or why it specifically was chosen. Surprisingly I know next to nothing about Kesha's version, come to think of it. I do know that the song was shopped around a bit - don't have it on-hand sadly but there's an interview somewhere where Carlos mentioned it was pitched to Justin Bieber who passed on it (this was around the time they made the CRJ video). That song isn't bad but I think all of us here mourn the other option. :'(I'd be very interested to know how far along hers got before they pulled the plug.

I was today year's old when I discovered that Woo Hoo/Window's Down was pitched to Justin Bieber. That is interesting. I didn't know this. Thank you for telling me! I wonder why he passed on it? It would've been for his Believe album I think. 

By the CRJ video, do you mean the one where Justin and a bunch of people lip synced to Call Me Maybe? 

• Like 1

On 3/15/2024 at 8:28 PM, Kesha Slays said:

I was today year's old when I discovered that Woo Hoo/Window's Down was pitched to Justin Bieber. That is interesting. I didn't know this. Thank you for telling me! I wonder why he passed on it? It would've been for his Believe album I think. 

By the CRJ video, do you mean the one where Justin and a bunch of people lip synced to Call Me Maybe? 

That's the one! I think they (BTR and Justin) met in late 2011 or so, when they opened for him in Mexico. Then I guess they had a mutual friend group that led to that.

• Like 1

On 3/20/2024 at 1:57 AM, Kipper said:

That's the one! I think they (BTR and Justin) met in late 2011 or so, when they opened for him in Mexico. Then I guess they had a mutual friend group that led to that.

How come I didn't know BTR opened for Justin's 'My World Tour'? That again is kinda off-putting to me. Mostly just cause I feel like BTR was just kind of starting out so to think that they were already ready to tour and stuff seemed kind of fast. Idk. I know they released their first album in Sept or Oct 2010 I believe so, I guess it makes sense. 

Edited by Kesha Slays

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Added to Mega, very forlorn reference track for "Show Me" sung by Ginny Blackmore:
https://mega.nz/file/QZ9G0SBJ#5qQPGQa-fMu5FWbjMKr1nSUmLcbuUQhV9YC4F9ALB1g

All thanks for this one goes to a certain awesome somebody who has helped our thread before. They like to remain nameless, however you may recognize them from the iconic television episode "Big Time School of Rocque":

goat.jpg

Edited by Kipper
  • Like 1
  • YAAASSS 2

1 hour ago, Kipper said:

Added to Mega, very forlorn reference track for "Show Me" sung by Ginny Blackmore:
https://mega.nz/file/QZ9G0SBJ#5qQPGQa-fMu5FWbjMKr1nSUmLcbuUQhV9YC4F9ALB1g

All thanks for this one goes to a certain awesome somebody who has helped our thread before. They like to remain nameless, however you may recognize them from the iconic television episode "Big Time School of Rocque":

goat.thumb.jpg.fecbc50f8af0bd3ca4a0dc660

I love this track! The melody always reminded me of J.Lo's "(What Is) Love"

• YAAASSS 1

Posted (edited)

Was trying not to bring this here, but formally stating for those who follow about the new music, I will no longer be updating this thread for anything created post-Another Life. I'm sorry y'all, I tried to get past what this dude is doing but it just gets worse, and worse, and worse, to the point where I'm genuinely not even a fan anymore and have no desire.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C5l80nTvp1d/?igsh=aHVqcGZobmd4NjYw

Carlos and his wife have equally insulting political takes, but at least their sphere of influence was limited to the QAnon/fundie cult crowd who stay in their own little bubble away from civilization, and we never really heard about it. This is just unavoidable no matter how active a fan you are. For me the separation of "art vs artist" ceases to be possible when 95% of said "art" is paid propaganda for an authoritarian military, whose crimes are so heinous and well-documented that suggesting otherwise is nothing short of an affront to the mind. As a lifelong fan of James and this band it's beyond embarrassing to witness and I'm officially hopping off this trainwreck. ✌️

The new BTR music has rarely exceeded mid territory anyway so... not the greatest loss if I'm being honest. We'll always have the classic Dawgs, whom I will still report on whenever possible :magic: Sorry for the drama I just wanted to let people know for the future.

Edited by Kipper
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Kipper said:

Was trying not to bring this here, but formally stating for those who follow about the new music, I will no longer be updating this thread for anything created post-Another Life. I'm sorry y'all, I tried to get past what this dude is doing but it just gets worse, and worse, and worse, to the point where I'm genuinely not even a fan anymore and have no desire.

Carlos and his wife have equally insulting political takes, but at least their sphere of influence was limited to the QAnon/fundie cult crowd who stay in their own little bubble away from civilization, and we never really heard about it. This is just unavoidable no matter how active a fan you are. For me the separation of "art vs artist" ceases to be possible when 95% of said "art" is paid propaganda for an authoritarian military, whose crimes are so heinous and well-documented that suggesting otherwise is nothing short of an affront to the mind. As a lifelong fan of James and this band it's beyond embarrassing to witness and I'm officially hopping off this trainwreck. ✌️

The new BTR music has rarely exceeded mid territory anyway so... not the greatest loss if I'm being honest. We'll always have the classic Dawgs, whom I will still report on whenever possible :magic: Sorry for the drama I just wanted to let people know for the future.

I have no idea who this man is but this video is wiiiiiiiiild

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Main Pop Girl said:

I have no idea who this man is but this video is wiiiiiiiiild

Keep it that way queen :wink:

"they send text messages and phone calls before sending airstrikes!" *cuts to their house exploding* like you can't even write that

12 hours ago, Kipper said:

The way this video reminded me of what Shia LaBeouf delivering "just do it"

• Sad 1