What games are you currently playing?

Rauru

Since all I do is game and watch youtube, as I'm still unemployed, I was curious about what games y'all are currently playing!

Im dying to play RE8 and New Pokemon Snap but cant afford them atm. Avoiding spoilers is a biiiitch.

But im currently replaying Stardew Valley on the Switch, I bought the new Story of Seasons but like Cyberpunk, waiting for updates to fix issues. And finally got into Monster Hunter via Rise, its a total blast, but I finally understand why I hear people talk about hunts taking an hour, for harder levels you're not supposed to jump in balls to the wall lol. Took me getting knocked out countless times to one 7 star hunt before it clicked finally.

So what are you guys playing? ?

I wanna play Cyberpunk and Monster Hunter actually! I haven't played either yet but they've both gotten interesting reviews which makes me wanna check them out.

The only things I've been playing lately are Final Fantasy XIV (the MMO) and Ghost of Tsushima...Both are good but neither are amazing so I wouldn't say you need to buy either unless you're super interested. 

• Like 1

I'm currently playing Star Wars: Knights of The Old Republic II and wordscapes lmao, KOTOR2 is fun but, I play wordscapes because it's important to stimulate the brain or something like that. It's supposed to help with your memory functions and keep that in tact. I used to play Pokemon Go but not so much anymore. I can't wait to play Star Wars Legos: The Rise of Skywalker/The Skywalker Saga when they release it but the company who's making it keeps delaying the release.

15 hours ago, Skinny Legend said:

I wanna play Cyberpunk and Monster Hunter actually! I haven't played either yet but they've both gotten interesting reviews which makes me wanna check them out.

The only things I've been playing lately are Final Fantasy XIV (the MMO) and Ghost of Tsushima...Both are good but neither are amazing so I wouldn't say you need to buy either unless you're super interested. 

My FFXIV subs been out for a few months but I do love it! Ghost is fun but it still hasnt hooked me yet. Ive played a couple of hours, and while its gorgeous, I just havent clicked with it.

I actually played probably 80% of the story with Cyberpunk on release and enjoyed it quite a lot (base 0s4). But it crashed so much I just refunded it in the end. I did buy a physical copy last month and restarted it, but I stg it looks worse now than it did on release ? NPCs not loading their models quick enough so you see a polygon blur is a big issue atm. But im praying like Witcher, itll get better with time. ? (And they add thungs they cut with the supposed 10 free dlcs that leaked and some paid ones)

Also:

Just a day in Night City, she was told to be a pole dancer, you must become the pole.

IMG_20210507_001821.jpg

58 minutes ago, Savages said:

My FFXIV subs been out for a few months but I do love it! Ghost is fun but it still hasnt hooked me yet. Ive played a couple of hours, and while its gorgeous, I just havent clicked with it.

I actually played probably 80% of the story with Cyberpunk on release and enjoyed it quite a lot (base 0s4). But it crashed so much I just refunded it in the end. I did buy a physical copy last month and restarted it, but I stg it looks worse now than it did on release ? NPCs not loading their models quick enough so you see a polygon blur is a big issue atm. But im praying like Witcher, itll get better with time. ? (And they add thungs they cut with the supposed 10 free dlcs that leaked and some paid ones)

Also:

Just a day in Night City, she was told to be a pole dancer, you must become the pole.

IMG_20210507_001821.jpg

That's so cool you play FFXIV too! I'm still way back on Stormblood so I have a lot to catch up on :cackle: But honestly I found that expansion kinda boring...I was trying to catch up before they release the next pack but I'm not sure if I'll manage it now :( 

Ghost of Tsushima took me a while too...It's an okaaay game but it's a little repetitive. Imo no open-world game has matched Grand Theft Auto V or Fallout 4 in terms of the world, the characters, the plot and just the sheer amount of things to do.

It sucks they still don't have Cyberpunk sorted out by this stage...I keep wanting to buy it but A. it's still not on the PSN network, B. the prices still haven't dropped, even with all the bad press and C. they still can't seem to get the glitches sorted :cackle: I hope they're able to push out a big update that fixes everything because the idea of it is so cool to me!

I’m still waiting for the Sonic game to be announced never mind been released it’s been 5 years since the last one, must be working on another reboot (lord help us after the Sonic Boom train wreck) 

I’m not playing anything at moment but I am awaiting on a few releases.

Pokemon Diamond and Pearl remake, Pokemon Aerceus, Breath of The Wild 2, Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart and with E3 so soon I’m excited to see what else is coming.

Edited by tajd

On 5/10/2021 at 3:01 AM, tajd said:

I’m still waiting for the Sonic game to be announced never mind been released it’s been 5 years since the last one, must be working on another reboot (lord help us after the Sonic Boom train wreck) 

I’m not playing anything at moment but I am awaiting on a few releases.

Pokemon Diamond and Pearl remake, Pokemon Aerceus, Breath of The Wild 2, Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart and with E3 so soon I’m excited to see what else is coming.

I'd love a new Sonic game. I really hope they do a good job though. A complete remaster of Sonic Adventure in HQ would be unreal. Sega team seems to flop with Sonic though. They rely solely on nostalgia and fans LOL. Sonic Forces came out about 3-1/2 years ago. It's decent, but I just couldn't get into it. I don't love the random perspective changes. I prefer 3rd person for sure.

If you like BoTW and open world-type RPGs, I would highly recommend Immortals: Fenyx Rising. (Apparently, if you own the game on multiple platforms, you can save online and pick up from any console at any time with online connectivity. I think that's an awesome feature.)

It's very much like a BoTW clone, with HD graphics and a Greek mythology theme. It ended up taking about 60 hours to beat, but I didn't complete it 100%. It was disappointing because I beat the final boss, not realizing I couldn't go back and finish up the side quests and stuff like BoTW. However, it's much more complicated in terms of attacks and controls. It took a little getting used to, but it was really good. If you plan on getting the DLC pack, I would not buy the pack. The first DLC, A New God was not very good, and kinda left me disappointed I spent the money. The second DLC pack, Myth's of the Eastern Realm is VERY good; I would say it rivals the original part of the game. It's essentially the same type of game with a Chinese mythology background. It's much shorter though. I've almost got it 100% beat at around 6 hours. I have yet to play the third DLC pack, but it looks a little strange and has some mixed reviews online. It's a top down game, but utilizes the same exploration/battle and movement as the original.

Nothing, and I mean no game ever, will ever top BoTW. It is an absolute masterpiece. I really hope the sequel doesn't flop.

There's another metroidvania-style rogue-like RPG called Salt and Sanctuary. It's absolutely unreal too, but it's WAY more fun to play couch co-op, if you have someone who you like to game with. I'd highly recommend checking it out. It's quite creepy and gory at points though.

Edited by Volcanion
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Volcanion said:

I'd love a new Sonic game. I really hope they do a good job though. A complete remaster of Sonic Adventure in HQ would be unreal. Sega team seems to flop with Sonic though. They rely solely on nostalgia and fans LOL. Sonic Forces came out about 3-1/2 years ago. It's decent, but I just couldn't get into it. I don't love the random perspective changes. I prefer 3rd person for sure.

If you like BoTW and open world-type RPGs, I would highly recommend Immortals: Fenyx Rising. (Apparently, if you own the game on multiple platforms, you can save online and pick up from any console at any time with online connectivity. I think that's an awesome feature.)

It's very much like a BoTW clone, with HD graphics and a Greek mythology theme. It ended up taking about 60 hours to beat, but I didn't complete it 100%. It was disappointing because I beat the final boss, not realizing I couldn't go back and finish up the side quests and stuff like BoTW. However, it's much more complicated in terms of attacks and controls. It took a little getting used to, but it was really good. If you plan on getting the DLC pack, I would not buy the pack. The first DLC, A New God was not very good, and kinda left me disappointed I spent the money. The second DLC pack, Myth's of the Eastern Realm is VERY good; I would say it rivals the original part of the game. It's essentially the same type of game with a Chinese mythology background. It's much shorter though. I've almost got it 100% beat at around 6 hours. I have yet to play the third DLC pack, but it looks a little strange and has some mixed reviews online. It's a top down game, but utilizes the same exploration/battle and movement as the original.

Nothing, and I mean no game ever, will ever top BoTW. It is an absolute masterpiece. I really hope the sequel doesn't flop.

There's another metroidvania-style rogue-like RPG called Salt and Sanctuary. It's absolutely unreal too, but it's WAY more fun to play couch co-op, if you have someone who you like to game with. I'd highly recommend checking it out. It's quite creepy and gory at points though.

A remake of adventure 1 & 2 would be awesome. Sonic boost gameplay shouldn’t be the entire game but only some levels. Sonic needs to slow down like the adventure gameplay was great and bring back playable characters also. E3 will be great it’s less than a month away.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Been playing Octopath Traveler cotc, the mobile/pc game, Pokemon Scarlet, and Dreamlight Valley (just to buy the shop out and log out).

Dreamlights current "battle pass", they call them Star Paths, is ending tonight which means the next update is finally coming. New Star Path, Toy Story world with Buzz and Woody moving into your valley. I'm hoping they surprise us and add a lot of stuff because this drip feed of characters is killing me. That and more clothing/furniture.

I'm still at the beginning, like first 30 min, of Pokemon. I got into the Octopath mobile game the night of Pokemons release and I keep saying "one more battle to get more rubies to then get more gacha pulls" and 6 hours pass, still playing Octo with Pokemon paused still lol.

(Pointless rant in spoiler lol)

Spoiler

I wanted to get Violet for the cover Pokemon as well as Iron Valient. But my friend helped me get a copy and since he got it for me basically I got the opposite of him. But I got it at least, it's a real rough time for an avid, some say addicted, gaymer who is unemployed with absolutely 0 income. Fucking behind on copping some games I was stoked for on Switch (Digimon Survive, Harvestella, Tactics Ogre Reborn, Persona 5, RE Village) and even more are dropping soon (FF7 Crisis Core Reunion,Fire Emblem Engage, Front Mission 1st,  Dragon Quest Treasures, RE4 Remakes a ways off but still.) FFS

Screaming Season 8 GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

• 2 weeks later...