Verification Thread

Cypher

1 hour ago, Cypher said:

I've been asked to stop posting everything I find on dbree in the Latest Leaks thread, so instead, I created this to help verify whether something is fanmade or legit. Unfortunately, I don't have as much time as other folks here to look into every artist releasing music, so that's why I'm on a music forum asking the collective for their wide array of expertise. For those who have found their way to this thread, you are also welcome to post here if you aren't sure if something is legit or not. If you know something is fanmade, it would be great for you to include how you came to that conclusion. Do the vocals sound pitched? Is it a stem edit? Was a verse lifted from another song? When responding to someone asking for verification, please keep it respectful here; we all have different interests, backgrounds, knowledge, etc. I don't think I need to say more, just be a decent human being.

Disclaimer: If you don't want to see this type of content, you are welcome to not reply, not follow, and click out of this thread. It's pretty clear that these posts are extreme disruptions to your day and we're all just here to have a good time. Please don't let my or anyone else's ignorance ruin your day, you deserve to live your life to the fullest without impediments from a stranger on the internet. Only love here. <3 

i actually loved to see your posts in latest leaks section, sometimes you posted things i didn't see, and i liked to understand if something was fanmade or legit.

i grew up in a family where people were kind to each other so it comes natural to be nice, at least to me, it's my first natural approach to people both in life and online, 

i really can't understand when someone acts like an old crab, i always wonder about the background or education behind that person, maybe it's just the internet that conveys a lot of frustrations sadly.

• Like 1
  • YAAASSS 1

@808Dream and @Moonchild You both are amazing with great reputations! One lesson I learned as a kid is to compromise where you can; a take on the "pick your battles" saying. Though the users who complained are less active, their voices are still valid. The same way begging for leaks isn't encouraged in the Latest Leaks thread, I do think fan-made leaks sit on the blurred line of the generally accepted content in the thread. The impetus of the posts isn't to clog up the thread with fake material, but as someone who doesn't spend their whole day in front of a computer and doesn't have a better knowledge in music, I do get fooled by stem edits or retooled material. The hope with this thread is: I'm not forcing anyone to look at what I post, as this is my thread. You are welcome here if you are also curious, but keep it respectful. If you can't stick by those guidelines, this thread probably isn't the place for you. <3 

• Like 1
  • YAAASSS 1

This is actually a great idea! At least in this thread we're sure that people in here is actually interested in sharing what they find, so I'm glad you made this! I'll always be happy to verify as much as I can, and of course, happy to have you sharing anyway!

1 hour ago, Cypher said:

I think this is legit. However, if my memory is not wrong, I think it leaked a couple years ago. But thanks for resharing! I actually didn't download it back then lol so I'm glad to see it again. The actual official version was only included in Sia's live album Lady Croissant (2007), which actually had a live version of this. The studio version is an outtake from her fourth album Some People Have Real Problems (2008).

• Like 1
  • YAAASSS 1

2 minutes ago, Moonchild said:

This is actually a great idea! At least in this thread we're sure that people in here is actually interested in sharing what they find, so I'm glad you made this! I'll always be happy to verify as much as I can, and of course, happy to have you sharing anyway!

I think this is legit. However, if my memory is not wrong, I think it leaked a couple years ago. But thanks for resharing! I actually didn't download it back then lol so I'm glad to see it again. The actual official version was only included in Sia's live album Lady Croissant (2007), which actually had a live version of this. The studio version is an outtake from her fourth album Some People Have Real Problems (2008).

Awesome! Thanks for the info, I always try to include as much info in my iTunes for organization. ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cypher said:

I've been asked to stop posting everything I find on dbree in the Latest Leaks thread, so instead, I created this to help verify whether something is fanmade or legit. Unfortunately, I don't have as much time as other folks here to look into every artist releasing music, so that's why I'm on a music forum asking the collective for their wide array of expertise. For those who have found their way to this thread, you are also welcome to post here if you aren't sure if something is legit or not. If you know something is fanmade, it would be great for you to include how you came to that conclusion. Do the vocals sound pitched? Is it a stem edit? Was a verse lifted from another song? When responding to someone asking for verification, please keep it respectful here; we all have different interests, backgrounds, knowledge, etc. I don't think I need to say more, just be a decent human being.

Disclaimer: If you don't want to see this type of content, you are welcome to not reply, not follow, and click out of this thread. If you reply, you'll automatically start following this thread and it's pretty clear that these posts are extreme disruptions to your day and we're all just here to have a good time. Please don't let my or anyone else's ignorance ruin your day, you deserve to live your life to the fullest without impediments from a stranger on the internet. Only love here. <3 

I am a bit shocked to be honest, that, as great of a member you are here, that you would feel the need to make a post such as this.  Dude.  You do not owe anyone an apology, or an explenation as to what, and why you post what you do.  Your posts are a welcome sight on this board.  Speaking for myself, I appreciate your contributions. 

I don't know who it is that asked you to stop "posting everything you find on dbree"?  And as someone who does not hold back his opinions, I say, SCREW them. 

tenor.gif?itemid=4702580

Post away my friend.  Post away. 

Edited by Whoknowsmehere
  • Like 1
  • YAAASSS 4

Is this a legit demo or an edit? I do hear vocals taken from another demo, but that demo goes "I will, I will" like in the released version and this one goes "she will, she will". People are real creative these days.

Edited by Cypher
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Cypher said:

Is this a legit demo or an edit? I do hear vocals taken from another demo, but that demo goes "I will, I will" like in the released version and this one goes "she will, she will". People are real creative these days.

This could very well be an edit. I remember than when a massive ARTPOP demos leak happened a few years ago, there were several alleged Mary Jane Holland demos, like 3 or 4, but two were edits since the stems leaked before that :yeah: I'm not really sure, but I'm more inclined in believing it's an edit.

• Sad 1

Ok but we need to identify that Stuck With U demo cause that doesn’t sound legit. I thought it was Walker Koch who did the version of “motive” that people edited into a Bieber demo, but he hasn’t posted him singing that... so what gives 

also Cypher idk if you noticed but one of the clowns talking shit to you was Scherzy and nobody cares what they have to say so please just keep doing your postings lol

Edited by mxtt
  • YAAASSS 1

6 minutes ago, mxtt said:

Ok but we need to identify that Stuck With U demo cause that doesn’t sound legit. I thought it was Walker Koch who did the version of “motive” that people edited into a Bieber demo, but he hasn’t posted him singing that... so what gives 

also Cypher idk if you noticed but one of the clowns talking shit to you was Scherzy and nobody cares what they have to say so please just keep doing your postings lol

I thought it was Waker Koch too? I think I've seen it in his TikTok but now I'm not sure lol. But I think it was him (not Bieber).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mxtt said:

Thank you! Everyone's been so kind, means a lot! ?

• YAAASSS 2

1 hour ago, Moonchild said:

I thought it was Waker Koch too? I think I've seen it in his TikTok but now I'm not sure lol. But I think it was him (not Bieber).

I checked his tiktok there’s no posting of this one that I saw unless it’s older. He does sound like Bieber which sucks imo cause he’s great, I actually kept his version of Motive but he’s clearly trying to get somewhere and idk if the industry will want a knock off yenno? 

• Like 1