Verification Thread

Cypher

On 4/9/2021 at 3:06 AM, Cypher said:

Oh! This is so interesting, I wasn't even aware of Brave Girls. I bet you it's probably some random YouTube/SoundCloud/TikTok cover, but I do wanna figure out who this is. :cypher:

I'm 100% sure you're right...There's so many of those Ariana clones on Tik Tok who think they're cool to look and sing exactly like her :cackle: 

Actually, just did a quick Google search and I think it's this girl?

10 hours ago, Skinny Legend said:

I'm 100% sure you're right...There's so many of those Ariana clones on Tik Tok who think they're cool to look and sing exactly like her :cackle: 

Actually, just did a quick Google search and I think it's this girl?

This video totally ruined it for me. HAHA Between the high pony, purple/pink aesthetic and her singing into a mic, but playing the mixed track. I'm cringing.

Looks like this vocal take is actually by Ashley Alisha! Had to go through a couple video descriptions, but we found the answer!

Edited by Cypher

20 hours ago, Cypher said:

This video totally ruined it for me. HAHA Between the high pony, purple/pink aesthetic and her singing into a mic, but playing the mixed track. I'm cringing.

Looks like this vocal take is actually by Ashley Alisha! Had to go through a couple video descriptions, but we found the answer!

Wait, what? So that girl in the video wasn’t even singing herself, just lip syncing?

I swear the more I learn about internet and Tik Tok culture in 2021 the more confused I get...That makes absolutely no sense to me.

• LMAO 1

3 hours ago, Skinny Legend said:

Wait, what? So that girl in the video wasn’t even singing herself, just lip syncing?

I swear the more I learn about internet and Tik Tok culture in 2021 the more confused I get...That makes absolutely no sense to me.

Yup, she just was lip syncing. :stretcher:

2 minutes ago, Cypher said:

Yup, she just was lip syncing. :stretcher:

I think the girl in that video is actually doing the vocals on that version! If you look at her channel, she has other song covers. Lots of Youtube cover artists record a professional cover and just lip sync to it in their videos for better auto quality or whatever ?‍♀️

• WTF 1

2 hours ago, Capsule said:

I think the girl in that video is actually doing the vocals on that version! If you look at her channel, she has other song covers. Lots of Youtube cover artists record a professional cover and just lip sync to it in their videos for better auto quality or whatever ?‍♀️

When I was clicking through the descriptions, the vocal credits were to Ashley Alisha and they linked another channel. 

So the video that @Skinny Legend posted says the idea came from this one:

And then the description for this one credits Ashley: https://www.youtube.com/c/AshleyYoonOfficial

Edited by Cypher

10 hours ago, Cypher said:

When I was clicking through the descriptions, the vocal credits were to Ashley Alisha and they linked another channel. 

So the video that @Skinny Legend posted says the idea came from this one:

And then the description for this one credits Ashley: https://www.youtube.com/c/AshleyYoonOfficial

Ahhh, I think you just misread it. If you listen to both, the lyrics aren’t the same! The one @Skinny Legend posted says in the description that they got the idea for their cover from that Danpia channel where Ashley sings the cover you linked. 

25 minutes ago, Capsule said:

Ahhh, I think you just misread it. If you listen to both, the lyrics aren’t the same! The one @Skinny Legend posted says in the description that they got the idea for their cover from that Danpia channel where Ashley sings the cover you linked. 

omg what a mess. :stretcher: So I'm back to cringing at the lip sync?!

• LMAO 1

42 minutes ago, Capsule said:

I'm so confused... :shocked:

Either way they all need to be cancelled! One Ariana is more than enough. We don't need a million different knock offs all trying to sing and look like her

• LMAO 2

1 hour ago, Cypher said:

omg what a mess. :stretcher: So I'm back to cringing at the lip sync?!

Yeah, just cringe! The video is her lip syncing to her own pre-recorded vocals while looking up to God... a choice! :tragic:

1 hour ago, Skinny Legend said:

I'm so confused... :shocked:

Either way they all need to be cancelled! One Ariana is more than enough. We don't need a million different knock offs all trying to sing and look like her

No need to be confused, the girl's video you linked is the one in that fake leak/cover of Brave Girls! There's just many English-fluent Koreans from all over the world trying to make it who ALSO want to be Ariana :maybe:

• Shook 1