Special Physical Releases

Cypher

I understand she did this for fans and to fuck over the scalpers but it sucks that they won't be limited to 500 anymore. It just seemed special imo since it was their fist time on vinyl and first time colored vinyl for animal. I hope she'll do like a numbering on the first batch & the rest not be numbered. Or at least sign the first ones.

im glad shes making more cuz by the time my friends saw my texts they were gone, so im hoping i can help get them one this time

12 hours ago, Skinny Legend said:

And sold out again it looks like :'( 

I'm genuinely surprised they're selling out. I didnt think Kesha was still at the forefront of anyone's minds... no offense. I still love her, hence why I bought both pressings of each project. 

I also managed to get one of my most sought after pieces! Allie X - CollXtion I + CollXtion II double LP. I managed to get a mint copy for $100, which I think is double the original price, but better than $235+!

9 hours ago, Cypher said:

I'm genuinely surprised they're selling out. I didnt think Kesha was still at the forefront of anyone's minds... no offense. I still love her, hence why I bought both pressings of each project. 

I have to agree. Are we so old that early Kesha is now considered vintage or something? :yeah: 

8 hours ago, Skinny Legend said:

I have to agree. Are we so old that early Kesha is now considered vintage or something? :yeah: 

At the rate material is being churned out, her early projects...and also career are ancient. :cypher:

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Skinny Legend said:

@Cypher, was reading this article today and thought of you! Seemed like something you might be interested in ;) 

I've been reading articles similar to this actually! What started off as a niche market has now become mainstream and introduced the addition of scalpers. Honestly, I kinda liked it better when these special releases were exactly that. Special releases for just the fans. I don't know how I feel about major labels jumping the queue and paying top dollar to have their products completed before indie artists...but it makes sense that they would try to get on the trend cause otherwise they're missing out on potential revenue. All that being said, I'll still support the artists I like, but no way in hell am I ever going to join the scalping game because that's just beyond rude to fans. You need money? Touch some grass and get a job.

As for the PVC shortage, that's been a huge issue in multiple markets. My friend's been trying to customize her own keyboard and I've been helping her look for parts and it's pretty crazy how her struggles mirror exactly the struggles of vinyl fans. Limited quantity, scalpers, etc.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...