Fifth Harmony (+ unreleased tracker/ master post)

reflection

• 3 weeks later...

I once had an insider tell me years ago that the girls did a demo of Meghan Trainor's "Walkashame" with Lauren singing the chorus. I'm not sure how true it is, but they were a part of leaks5h and would tell me about stuff before leaks5h actually posted it, they even told me stuff about the That's My Girl video before it came out, so I think it's legit. It's also backed up the fact that in her new book, Ally talks about how they struggled to not have a song about a one night stand be released as a single from their first album:

"We had some serious questions about the song's theme, which was about a girl's walk of shame, home from a drunken one-night stand. Again, most of the girls in our group were still pretty young," Ally writes. "It seemed way too adult for us. We let our management know we didn't feel comfortable with the lyrics, and they told the label." Despite pushback from the label—"The response was, basically: If we'd wanted to sign a Christian group, we would have signed a Christian group."—and waffling from the other girls in the face of such a response, Ally held her ground. The song was eventually dropped. "I was so beyond relieved," she writes, "I started crying." 

https://www.eonline.com/news/1197490/the-biggest-bombshells-from-ally-brookes-memoir-finding-your-harmony

Also, the girls revealed to an australian radio station that they did a demo with Sia that ended up going to Shakira which was most likely "Try Everything": 

The insider told me: They also almost signed a deal with Google for the Reflection album which, had it gone through, would have included the release of either "No way" (which we know Lauren fought to get released) or another unreleased song called "I Almost Loved You."

We know that they did a demo's for Prince Royce's "Double Vision" and Jason Derulo's "Better With You," I'm DYING to know what other songs by different artists they demoed and of all the unreleased/alternate content we don't even know about!!! 

Edited by 5htellinme

6 hours ago, 5htellinme said:

I once had an insider tell me years ago that the girls did a demo of Meghan Trainor's "Walkashame" with Lauren singing the chorus. I'm not sure how true it is, but they were a part of leaks5h and would tell me about stuff before leaks5h actually posted it, they even told me stuff about the That's My Girl video before it came out, so I think it's legit. It's also backed up the fact that in her new book, Ally talks about how they struggled to not have a song about a one night stand be released as a single from their first album:

"We had some serious questions about the song's theme, which was about a girl's walk of shame, home from a drunken one-night stand. Again, most of the girls in our group were still pretty young," Ally writes. "It seemed way too adult for us. We let our management know we didn't feel comfortable with the lyrics, and they told the label." Despite pushback from the label—"The response was, basically: If we'd wanted to sign a Christian group, we would have signed a Christian group."—and waffling from the other girls in the face of such a response, Ally held her ground. The song was eventually dropped. "I was so beyond relieved," she writes, "I started crying." 

https://www.eonline.com/news/1197490/the-biggest-bombshells-from-ally-brookes-memoir-finding-your-harmony

Also, the girls revealed to an australian radio station that they did a demo with Sia that ended up going to Shakira which was most likely "Try Everything": 

The insider told me: They also almost signed a deal with Google for the Reflection album which, had it gone through, would have included the release of either "No way" (which we know Lauren fought to get released) or another unreleased song called "I Almost Loved You."

We know that they did a demo's for Prince Royce's "Double Vision" and Jason Derulo's "Better With You," I'm DYING to know what other songs by different artists they demoed and of all the unreleased/alternate content we don't even know about!!! 

Wow!!! Thank you so much for all of this!! This is so interesting, Can’t wait to have a thorough read and update the thread x

Sounds like your insider is trusted, so I’ll add all of this under a according to insider description

i think you actually cracked that walk of shame song ally was talking about!! I mean they were being pitched a bunch of songs from Meghan’s sessions for ‘title’, and the song is literally called walk of shame. Never thought this would be cracked and it’s Too coincidental to not be true and the lyrics are a perfect match in every way. Fifth harmony also have a duet version of my selfish heart which was also released on title! 

And thanks for pretty much confirming their demo for try everything :)

6 hours ago, 5htellinme said:

This was in Ally's book yup! This is so fucking disgusting and Ally talked about it in her book. I can't believe they tried to get these girls to record this song as teenagers as their LEAD single. Thank god we didn't get it and I hope we never get to hear it either.

Yeah it’s very disturbing and borderline predatory.. camila was 17 singing about rough sex when they recorded worth it and Dinah was 16. They got dinah to legit show her tits and rub herself at 17 in the video which actually got it taken down for 12 hours. It was camilas 18th birthday shooting day too. They didn’t even wait for them to turn 18 to aggressively sexualise them, they just did it to them at teens.

I just heard the walk of shame song and dear god is it disturbing to imagine again dinah at 16 and camila at 17 recording this song. I’m honestly surprised none of the girls but ally spoke up about this specifically considering she was the only not ‘barely legal’ one during this whole process. On top of all of this, ally was sexually harassed by an executive. What was going on in this group

2 hours ago, reflection said:

Yeah it’s very disturbing and borderline predatory.. camila was 17 singing about rough sex when they recorded worth it and Dinah was 16. They got dinah to legit show her tits and rub herself at 17 in the video which actually got it taken down for 12 hours. It was camilas 18th birthday shooting day too. They didn’t even wait for them to turn 18 to aggressively sexualise them, they just did it to them at teens.

I just heard the walk of shame song and dear god is it disturbing to imagine again dinah at 16 and camila at 17 recording this song. I’m honestly surprised none of the girls but ally spoke up about this specifically considering she was the only not ‘barely legal’ one during this whole process. On top of all of this, ally was sexually harassed by an executive. What was going on in this group

Ally said they were originally all against it, but after Ally had her faith attacked for acting as a mother figure to the group they stopped fighting it because they knew they wouldn't get out of it. I think it went against Ally's faith and also most of all it went against her morals that everybody except her was a minor. (BO$$ was released July 7th, and it was given to them presumably much before that because you have to take into account the recording and mixing of the song, the filming, the concept of the MV, etc.) Let's say BO$$ was given to them in April/May/Early June, Walkashame was presumably recorded way before that because it was supposed to be their lead single. Very early in the Reflection era so probably January/February/March 2014. They would have all been minors except Ally.  

I think what is most disturbing about the walk of shame song is that it's so upbeat. It has these dark ass lyrics that were meant for a group that was 4/5 or 3/5 minors whilst recording the song. That is disgusting. They also told Ally that the lyrics didn't (HAVE) to be about sex and that in the music video it could be related to talking bad to a teacher. What the literal fuck.

As for Worth It, that's not all. Look at the Reflection album cover, the girls are mostly covered but then look at Dinah. The YOUNGEST has her tits the MOST exposed, much like how in Worth It all the girls are covered but Dinah's tits are very visible. 

Ally seems very shaken by her experience in Fifth Harmony. I do not think that until the girls are much , much older we will ever get any in depth details outside of what we already know. There was definitely a lot more than Mental & Verbal abuse going on in that group.

At the end of the day they could not figure out an avenue for Fifth Harmony, so they decided to be "safe" and immediately sexualise them which is so fucking gross because the girls had so much to write about. Heartbreaking and if any song leaks I really hope this isn't the one because that song deserves to stay locked up along with all the people who were okay with them recording it.  

• Like 1

This song would’ve been a disaster for them.. even if it wasn’t sexual god their entire fan base would’ve left and dragged them through the mud.. out of all the songs why this one it’s definately very predatory they were so persistent on this one considering their ages as well

It’s actually insane to think about how little control they had during their time at fifth harmony. According to Lauren on Zach sang they actually got to choose a ‘few’ songs for 7/27 insinuating they didn’t have a choice at all before. They probably dreamed of releasing songs like no way and no filter. Their most free era as a 5 piece is definately better together, it seems they got nice producers and got to co-write most the project. It’s sad cause a lot of people deem 5h3 their most free era when really it’s just cause their label stopped giving a shit about them anymore. 7/27 was awful for them too, they were literally in studio with Dr luke a year after he got sued for rape and abuse. They were in studio with max Martin too though, now I wish those were released :(

23 hours ago, 5htellinme said:

this two song deal for reflection had actually gone through, I just remembered google play had two bonus tracks for reflection but it seems they must've been switched last minute. the two bonus tracks were 'dame esta noche' and 'I'm in love with a monster'. I guess LA Reid didn't wanna pay the publishing money lol

Edited by reflection

34 minutes ago, reflection said:

this two song deal for reflection had actually gone through, I just remembered google play had two bonus tracks for reflection but it seems they must've been switched last minute. the two bonus tracks were 'dame esta noche' and 'I'm in love with a monster'. I guess LA Reid didn't wanna pay the publishing money lol

Weird behavior. Also can I just say LA Reid is an absolute weirdo. Complained to high hell about them quote “not harmonizing” then had every single girl record the songs they did separately as if that would help with harmonies. Like what?? 

• Like 1

On 4/1/2022 at 12:34 PM, izzzyyy said:

Weird behavior. Also can I just say LA Reid is an absolute weirdo. Complained to high hell about them quote “not harmonizing” then had every single girl record the songs they did separately as if that would help with harmonies. Like what?? 

OMG I remember his shady ass "Fifth Unison" remark

hi guys I finally updated the thread sorry for the delay I totally spaced

a few more APRA repertoire finds they are listed as performers under the following songs:

https://youtu.be/JaBjHt2tDS8

https://youtu.be/9ZDAYg196x8

https://youtu.be/O3dWBLoU--E

https://youtu.be/2ghj8_DpDfU

https://youtu.be/xoRrGsgohYE

I know these songs sound very weird atleast some of them plus Nicole released boomerang before they were even signed but theyre listed as performers even for their YouTube covers and the songs they sampled like Mariah always be my baby so the possibilities for what they could've used these songs for is broad

Edited by reflection

• reflection changed the title to Fifth Harmony (+ unreleased tracker/ master post)