Fifth Harmony (+ unreleased tracker/ master post)

reflection

Just now, izzzyyy said:

Smallest nitpick by the way but the poll was between The way you look, no catching feelings, and too much (not talk to me)

and this is why i seriously think that it's just camila in the final chorus of too much as well as those adlibs she does at the end. wow management SUCKED at distributing parts

'Say Goodbye' (the name, not Goodbye.) is Tommy Brown & Victoria Monét. These two also worked on the tracks 'Everlasting Love' and 'We Know.' It also has a random writing credit from the rapper 'Mo Cheddha' for whatever reason lol; I wonder if she was supposed to have a verse at some point. image.png

'Bonnies' is another song they were pitched. It's got the same composers as 'Fools Like Us' + Julia Michaels.  Julia and Justin work together a shit ton, and they even mention working with Fifth Harmony in this article: https://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/10/arts/music/how-an-unlikely-duo-became-the-hottest-songwriters-in-pop-music.html

I think you need money to read but you should have at least one free article. 

Justin and her also did 'Dope.' It is very likely the song was passed to Julia when she was signed on for 7/27. She did work on Flex. I assume the song was conjured up in the same session as 'Fools Like Us.' It was pitched but never picked up. Once Julia came in to work for them, her and Justin tweaked the song and re-pitched it. I wonder why it was reregistered without them listed.

This is the earliest recollection of the song, as it was first mentioned in an article. Screenshots of the article attached below. 

https://hamadamania.wordpress.com/2016/02/18/fifth-harmony-snags-julia-michaels-jack-antonoff-for-sophomore-album/

Julia was also confirmed in February. The people running the site aren't always going to be on top of every exact date obviously, so that's probably why she's reported on the 18th. Still in February, and they happened about 2 weeks apart, so it is extremely likely they were pitched it and recorded it. You can also update registered works, so it's not unlikely that they were once registered and then weren't. https://www.bmi.com/creators/updateworks

I think it's worth adding at the very least. 

Edited by izzzyyy

2 hours ago, izzzyyy said:

'Say Goodbye' (the name, not Goodbye.) is Tommy Brown & Victoria Monét. These two also worked on the tracks 'Everlasting Love' and 'We Know.' It also has a random writing credit from the rapper 'Mo Cheddha' for whatever reason lol; I wonder if she was supposed to have a verse at some point. image.png

thank you for pointing this out

I will add bonnies to the unconfirmed / pitches part of my info post tomorrow :) its definately very likely if it has the same credits as fools like us. plus I assume they wouldve recorded more than just one song each session.

8 minutes ago, reflection said:

thank you for pointing this out

I will add bonnies to the unconfirmed / pitches part of my info post tomorrow :) its definately very likely if it has the same credits as fools like us. plus I assume they wouldve recorded more than just one song each session.

https://www.ascap.com/repertory#/ace/search/title/Bonnies/writer/Julia Michaels?at=false&searchFilter=SVW&page=1

Here's Bonnies registration. 

Pretty, Attractive, Beautiful, Good

Scottish. Meaning. Pretty, Attractive, Beautiful, Good.
According to the first thing that pops up on google this is what it means, so I definitely think it makes sense. I think it was conjured up at the same session as 'Fools Like Us' and fully conceptualized when Julia hopped on board. 

OOTD is also 99% 7/27. It was registered in June of 2015, and not just that, but E Kidd Bogart worked with them during the 7/27 era on the song 'Big Bald Wolf.' This is the only recount of him working with them, so it'd be the only place it fits. 

one of these days sounds way too fitting for better together imo. with the rock n roll type drums being the same as miss movin on, usage electronic synths and rocky guitars similar to miss movin on and leave my heart out of this I would assume it was a better together pitch that either appeared on registration later or was registered later. id be genuinely surprised since theres been no instance of this sound since 2013 but it is possible they recorded some electro pop rock songs for 7/27. its true they have a song released in 7/27 with e Kidd Bogart though the other personnel are completely absent. couldve been pitched multiple songs produced by e Kidd throughout the years aswell. no way of knowing either way unless someone can get concrete sources. I will emphasize that its a guess in my thread.

Edited by reflection

also nova Rockefeller started performing the song in early 2015. it could be why it was registered then since songs typically would have to be published before they are performed / released to the public (kind of what publishing is for). and she would probably have to make sure fifth harmony werent going to release it anymore to do that, so its probably a rejected demo fifth harmony took, that she took back for herself

Edited by reflection