Fifth Harmony (+ unreleased tracker/ master post)

reflection

• 2 weeks later...

Omg the 10 year anniversary leaks are soooooo good!!! I genuinely wonder why Come & Get It didn’t make it to 7/27 because it’s objectively one of their best vocally, sonically, production-wise, AND it fits that “beat-drop” vibe from 7/27. It’s sooooo different from what they usually do. Plus it’s one of their few/best moments harmonizing, which at the time would have been a perfect clap-back to critics and fans saying they don’t harmonize. The only thing I can think of might be the label thinking that sonically it’s a bit too different from the rest of 7/27’s generic sound and maybe the girls didn’t want the lyrics to contribute to them being sexualized? Still, it would’ve definitely been a stand-out deep-cut on the album and maybe even a good promo single. I don’t see them performing it live because of its demanding vocals and choreography, so probably just a release like The Life. Definitely could’ve been re-recorded for self-titled too since it would fit the album’s beat-drop sound and match the dark sound of Sauced Up. 

What’s the source for the Jennifer Lopez collab version of Come & Get it? Is there a leak/snippet out there? Maybe she cut a demo of it too, intended to put it out, and that’s why the label didn’t put it on 7/27. 

3 hours ago, 5htellinme said:

What’s the source for the Jennifer Lopez collab version of Come & Get it? Is there a leak/snippet out there? Maybe she cut a demo of it too, intended to put it out, and that’s why the label didn’t put it on 7/27. 

When I got the song, I got told versions with JLO exist, and other people have confirmed the collab. It'll leak soon enough. She did a cut a solo demo as well iirc. I'm pretty sure that wasn't why it didn't make the cut, though. 

3 hours ago, 5htellinme said:

Omg the 10 year anniversary leaks are soooooo good!!! I genuinely wonder why Come & Get It didn’t make it to 7/27 because it’s objectively one of their best vocally, sonically, production-wise, AND it fits that “beat-drop” vibe from 7/27. It’s sooooo different from what they usually do. Plus it’s one of their few/best moments harmonizing, which at the time would have been a perfect clap-back to critics and fans saying they don’t harmonize. The only thing I can think of might be the label thinking that sonically it’s a bit too different from the rest of 7/27’s generic sound and maybe the girls didn’t want the lyrics to contribute to them being sexualized? Still, it would’ve definitely been a stand-out deep-cut on the album and maybe even a good promo single. I don’t see them performing it live because of its demanding vocals and choreography, so probably just a release like The Life. Definitely could’ve been re-recorded for self-titled too since it would fit the album’s beat-drop sound and match the dark sound of Sauced Up. 

Too many EDM/Tropical House drops on the album. They already saturated the sound, and the other ones just fit more. They completely scrapped the r&b route of the original 7/27. If we make a 7/27 with songs like Voicemail being on the standard I can see it being on there for sure. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...