Why Sony Music Australia make their artist to do COVER ALBUMS

DockDock

Well as we know Dami Im and Samantha Jade both have a new album, Dami's album is out already debuted at #2 on iTunes and still on top 10 #9 . Samm's album is out in April.
So far Dami is getting a lot of promotion. interviews on 3 different channels 7 ,9, 10 , Live performances on tv etc .. gigs.. 

But the real question is Why Sony make them to do covers albums? x factor all over again? the 2 girls are winners.. from x factor. they can't sell? why they play dirty to them? Dami already had Classic Carpenters last year cover album ,went good because of Eurovision BOOST. Album Gold and a Soldout national tour. Sam had a really hard time to release her first original album ,then a bounch of Singles .. soo

Sony is stupid or? Dami Im already said on an interview she is working on original music.. and she want to release a new album with originals (maybe 2019). after her new tour in this 2018.Samm had a big shoot for me with the FT with Pitbull back in time..but also girls like Delta G,Ricki L,Havana B...Samm and Dami where doing good 3,4 years ago why not now? aussies pop girls are flopping? now Jess is doing Eurovision so she is going to be OK , Kylie is doing also music too but, i don't know if it's better for them to LEAVE SONY and release their own music because on the other hand what's the point to get a big LABEL behind you and make you release covers albums? and also sometimes they are REALLY BAD to promote their artist. Sony already drop a lot of x factor ppl signed to them...also it's not good for them as career to release COVERS and more covers

Sony is a garbage label, ESPECIALLY the Australian version. As far as the covers album goes, it's probably cheap for them to do since they have rights to use quite a few songs due to X-Factor.

But yesssss, I've been saying for like 2-3 years now that Australia NEEDS to send Sammi to Eurovision. She's the perfect choice and it will truly revive her career!

In my opinion cover albums are disgusting and make the artist look pretty basic :yuck: i do think it's an easier type of material to sell though, looks like there's always an adult audience who buys this kind of crap.

I feel sorry for them to be associated with such an ugly label. Sadly winning X Factor is a curse in disguise, so much potential wasted.

9 minutes ago, victorxcx said:

In my opinion cover albums are disgusting and make the artist look pretty basic :yuck: i do think it's an easier type of material to sell though, looks like there's always an adult audience who buys this kind of crap.

I feel sorry for them to be associated with such an ugly label. Sadly winning X Factor is a curse in disguise, so much potential wasted.

Sorry but, when done right, cover albums are quite amazing. Mandy Moore's Coverage is proof of that. But when artists are basic in doing so, then it is belittling.

• Shook 1

57 minutes ago, Ruthless Love said:

Sorry but, when done right, cover albums are quite amazing. Mandy Moore's Coverage is proof of that. But when artists are basic in doing so, then it is belittling.

Mess, i totally forgot about Coverage :o You're totally right on this one. It wasn't a cover album in the Sony AUS / X Factor style though, with cheesy songs and no personality at all, that's probably the reason why i haven't thought of it :cackle: 

I think @Capsule is right in saying that cover albums are stupidly cheap to produce, and plus it fits in with their brand given that these acts spent their whole time on X Factor singing covers of other people's songs.

It's definitely true that the Australian pop girls have gone way downhill though... :yeah: Ricki Lee, Havana Brown, The Veronicas, Jessica Mauboy and Natalie Bassingthwaighte all used to be good for a bop here and there, but none of them have released any real music in ages. They should focus on trying to make it big internationally because clearly Australia stays sleeping on them. :( 

it’s really sad that they’ve probably recorded original material as Dami may have had another album’s worth with Smile or Fighting For Love, and Sammi definitely had a lot. I love both of them but I was disappointed they both announced cover albums (especially Dami since it’s her third)

• Like 1

ugh i hate how talented are these girls and they can't do good for all of them...i would keep on eyes Sam's debut album to get some more points of what is going to do Sony . Also Jess with her single was already #1 the Eurovision one soo when Eurovision is done she is going to get a #1 Aria i think :D  let's wait and see