why Samantha Jade didn't happen? (The x factor winner)

DockDock

Samantha Jade won the x factor Australia back in 2012. she was already a recording artist but they drop her , so she come back to the x factor she won and her debut single went x3 Platimun when she won.! since that her album from x factor went gold #3 on the Aria chart but her second album didn't come till 2015 , since 2012 . others x factor winners or runners up had their second album already the next year. i was surprised when  Sony did that to Samantha. idk why they did!... Since then she release just singles to try get x3 platinum again but didn't happen 1 platinum and 2 gold then a dust of charts sadly and her videos went worst like her " UP" music video , now she release new songs 2016/2017 and the music video are good , but Sony way to promote singles or artist are so wrong... Samantha was trying in Acting too! she did good  tv show Home and Away and was even nominated at logie! Sam has a new album i think is out this Jan! finally. but the real question is why she is not happen? i loved her in her audition looks really nice cute girl i think she become sexy and GP didn't liked sadly.. she is ready to be big but what people can't connect with her? Sony's fault? her new image? bubble POP? no charisma? her voice? people were accusing her during x factor to be "fake" too! :/ or because Australia has already a Kylie Minogue?

Samantha's before the x factor:

Samantha's x factor audition

Samantha's winner single The x factor

Samanthas single ft Pitbull , showing her power on stage:

so far my fav song right now from her: Sam and Cyrus another x factor aus winner 

Latest Single :

A lot of x-factor stars die out no matter how many certifications their song gets. They do not have sustainability in the slightest and over time it gets hard for them to find producers/writers etc who are interested in working with them, because they wont get anything out of it. They don't exactly have the money or funds to give to these people either. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
15 hours ago, thatboyadrian said:

Her material was good but generic and forgettable. they done my girl dirty like that. JUSTICE FOR EYES ON ME

Agreed. Like most of these talent show winners, she has a great voice but nothing to really set her apart from the crowd. Although 'Firestarter' still goes awf! :yaskween: 

On 12/6/2017 at 2:47 PM, Havana said:

A lot of x-factor stars die out no matter how many certifications their song gets. They do not have sustainability in the slightest and over time it gets hard for them to find producers/writers etc who are interested in working with them, because they wont get anything out of it. They don't exactly have the money or funds to give to these people either. 

On 12/6/2017 at 7:42 PM, Lelewlovebird said:

I wonder this too, Sammi has some great songs and is actually a better singer than given credit for, but she seems to have lost their interest and dragging her album out three years didn’t exactly help her.

On 12/7/2017 at 3:09 PM, Celebration09 said:

Samanatha Jade - Firestarter Hands down a bop.

On 2/7/2018 at 7:02 PM, thatboyadrian said:

Her material was good but generic and forgettable. they done my girl dirty like that. JUSTICE FOR EYES ON ME

On 2/8/2018 at 10:13 AM, Countess said:

Agreed. Like most of these talent show winners, she has a great voice but nothing to really set her apart from the crowd. Although 'Firestarter' still goes awf! :yaskween: 

I honestly had never heard of her until I came across this a while back. 

Not sure if this has been posted already or not. 

But even if it has, here it is again for those that may have not seen it. 

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B7AN0Pl2OoRjQjYxNXIxbW5tYkU

She failed because her label didn't give a damn about her, for whatever reason. They weren't really pushing her as an artist, just throwing out random singles for 3 fucking years after her X-Factor win. Soldier should have gotten a huge push and they should have put Nine out off the back of that. Then Up! probably would have performed a little better and she would've had continued interest built up for her. Sweet Talk then should have been the single for a re-release/worldwide push because of how amazingly infectious it is. It is truly the worldwide #1 that should have been!

• 2 months later...
On 2/14/2018 at 4:53 AM, Capsule said:

She failed because her label didn't give a damn about her, for whatever reason. They weren't really pushing her as an artist, just throwing out random singles for 3 fucking years after her X-Factor win. Soldier should have gotten a huge push and they should have put Nine out off the back of that. Then Up! probably would have performed a little better and she would've had continued interest built up for her. Sweet Talk then should have been the single for a re-release/worldwide push because of how amazingly infectious it is. It is truly the worldwide #1 that should have been!

They don't care about her because sadly they know there's another thousand girls just like her but skinnier and younger waiting to get their moment on X Factor... :yeah: These stars have maybe a year of relevancy until the new season starts and they're forgotten about.

5 hours ago, Countess said:

They don't care about her because sadly they know there's another thousand girls just like her but skinnier and younger waiting to get their moment on X Factor... :yeah: These stars have maybe a year of relevancy until the new season starts and they're forgotten about.

Shut up, fatty! Samantha Jade's talent isn't on the level of most singing show contestants, it's far above! That's why she swept X-Factor Australia so easily. She's the sad object of mismanagement from start to finish. Even prior to this deal from her reality competition show run, her deal with Jive was also a pretty raw deal and so have most of her deals. She's never been given the push she deserves to become a star. I blame the old men in charge.

28 minutes ago, Capsule said:

Shut up, fatty! Samantha Jade's talent isn't on the level of most singing show contestants, it's far above! That's why she swept X-Factor Australia so easily. She's the sad object of mismanagement from start to finish. Even prior to this deal from her reality competition show run, her deal with Jive was also a pretty raw deal and so have most of her deals. She's never been given the push she deserves to become a star. I blame the old men in charge.

I'm sorry but when you have Leona Lewis in the world then you can't claim that Sammie is anywhere near the top percentile... :cackle: Don't get me wrong, I've followed her career since 'Step Up', I've met her before and she's sweet and has a good voice but there's nothing special about her at all. :idkher: 

• 6 months later...

They screwed her entire career. Maybe if she represents Australia in Eurovision she might have another chance with her own original material, but Sony just pushes her as their new cover artist, which is pretty irritating considering how talented she is. They took forever to release her the album, they should have done it right when she was in the spotlight, just after "Soldier" was out. Anyway, I still hope she goes big somehow...