Why is Katy flopping this era?

Mace

she killed off the previously popular katy perry "character" in favor of a more politically oriented persona, but the political meaning is lost in translation & the music isn't quality enough to make up for where the lyrics fall flat :morning: she's lost everything the public used to like about her, and the new image she's pandering just isn't as likeable

• YAAASSS 3

I admit that she served with CTTR and BA music videos but that's all. Everything is messy this era. Firstly she copied 2013 Miley with her image, then she featured homophobes on her song and then she gave tragic performances which became memes. 

• YAAASSS 1

Her performances were always tragic, let's face it :cackle:

Tbh i'm more excited about this album than i was with Prism, i think i'll really enjoy it. She did at lot of wrong things this era, but at the same time it feels like the media decided to hate her like they did with Xtina in 2010, Gaga in 2013 or Demi especially in the Confident era. I'll be surprised if she manage to get another hit this year, she better call some respected jazz singer to record a duet album asap :morning:

• YAAASSS 3

It's because she's lost her conservative southern fanbase with her Hillary support, her straight male fanbase with her haircut, and her teenage Tumblr fanbase with her act of being "woke" which was followed up by a collaboration with homophobes. :morning:

But like @lightyears said, it's also because the media has built her up for long enough and they're now deciding that it's time to tear her down. No matter what she does with her music right now it will never be good enough. All she can hope for now is that someone tries to bomb one of her concerts so that the public will love her again. :magic:

I find her incredibly underwhelming this era. It started strong with CTTR which I loved straight away (slightly over played on the radio now though!)

after that its downhill from there.

i loved her previous albums especially teenage dream so i have been a fan but I'm just really unimpressed this era.

plus I find her really embarrassing to watch at the moment ?

poor katy, she won't have any hit this era but at least she won't have to jump into a jazz old man dick to have 2 minutes of fame and a easy grammy! all the bigs comebacks by pop girls have been a fucking mess, Bretney (what were yall expecting) rihanna, Joanne Lady Gaga (where is the cure video sis?) + more artist, and it will happen also with the dead sis Xtina. and that will happen to selena pomez and her friends in 10 years

1 hour ago, Third Eye said:

poor katy, she won't have any hit this era but at least she won't have to jump into a jazz old man dick to have 2 minutes of fame and a easy grammy! all the bigs comebacks by pop girls have been a fucking mess, Bretney (what were yall expecting) rihanna, Joanne Lady Gaga (where is the cure video sis?) + more artist, and it will happen also with the dead sis Xtina. and that will happen to selena pomez and her friends in 10 years

If a Grammy is so easy to get then why hasn't Katy gotten one in the past ten years she's been working? f9bkZtY.gif

And why has Aurora never even been invited to the ceremony? f9bkZtY.gif

24 minutes ago, Countess said:

If a Grammy is so easy to get then why hasn't Katy gotten one in the past ten years she's been working? f9bkZtY.gif

And why has Aurora never even been invited to the ceremony? f9bkZtY.gif

Girl, literally everyone who is famous can get a Grammy for a jazz category, that's what I mean, is like getting a Grammy for remix lmao if you are already famous  they will give it you, and you know that's true, any of this pop girls like Katy rihanna and others could easily win a jazz Grammy just for being them, and that's what gaga did. I'm not hating on gaga I'm saying the Truth, it's the circle of life, it happened with Madonna and other girls, it's the time for Gaga, Katy (even if both are my idols) and the rest to  sashay away (except if you are Beyonce, she will keep buying Grammy's till she dies)

53 minutes ago, Third Eye said:

Girl, literally everyone who is famous can get a Grammy for a jazz category, that's what I mean, is like getting a Grammy for remix lmao if you are already famous  they will give it you, and you know that's true, any of this pop girls like Katy rihanna and others could easily win a jazz Grammy just for being them, and that's what gaga did. I'm not hating on gaga I'm saying the Truth, it's the circle of life, it happened with Madonna and other girls, it's the time for Gaga, Katy (even if both are my idols) and the rest to  sashay away (except if you are Beyonce, she will keep buying Grammy's till she dies)

Madonna won a jazz Grammy? :wut: That's the first I've heard of it!

You're wrong tho, because you and I both know that Katy and Rihanna could never pull off a jazz album. Even if their images suited that kind of sound (which they don't), they have nowhere near the right kind of voice for jazz music and if they really tried to sing it it would be tragic :tragic: 

21 minutes ago, Countess said:

Madonna won a jazz Grammy? :wut: That's the first I've heard of it!

You're wrong tho, because you and I both know that Katy and Rihanna could never pull off a jazz album. Even if their images suited that kind of sound (which they don't), they have nowhere near the right kind of voice for jazz music and if they really tried to sing it it would be tragic :tragic: 

I didn't say Madonna win one, i said Madonna is no longer in the top, and that's happening with our girls now

And yeah you are right, i think Rihanna can, even if I'm not a fan of hers

As harsh as the @Countess's comment seems, i think he has a point when it comes to the fact that some people will need an excuse to "forgive" Katy and support her again. It's kinda weird to notice how the tragedy following the Ariana concert did wonders to her career. Her image was pretty hurt at the USA since the donut episode, but seems like at this point most people got over it and her album is selling like it was released last week. Plus "One Last Time" is likely to become her first solo #1 single in UK and it will probably reach top 10 in US too, achieving a totally new meaning in popular culture :stretcher:

• YAAASSS 1

2 hours ago, Velvet Ghost said:

It doesn't matter that it did good things for her career, it's still a disgusting thing that happened where children were hurt. Kallum was definitely talking about the part where Countess said Katy should "hope" it happens to her. Katy shouldn't hope and I'm sure she doesn't. No one wants to go through that, even for a career gain. Plus, everyone should be respecting the situation and not making light of it. An eight-year-old died for christ's sake...

I totally agree with you tbh... I was referring more to the fact that it's twisted how these kind of tragedies always end up having some kind of commercial gain, doesn't matter how disgusting it was and how many innocent and young lives were lost.