Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)

Muri

2 minutes ago, Kesha Slays said:

Is it true that "Battle Royale" is a rejected Britney pitch from the "Femme Fatale" sessions? I saw someone on YouTube claiming it was but, for some reason I'm not convinced. 

yes, sophie stern confirmed it was the 2nd song they did with pop & oak

• Like 1

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, Seraphine said:

I remember seeing a similar post of her like in 2016(?) right before she unvaulted the Stars In Your Heart video she posted a behind the scenes picture of her walking in the streets and caps saying it was an unreleased video from 2014.

Do u have a link/pic of it? I dived deeper into her IG and can't find anything :spy: But also wouldn't it be kinda off though, Breaking Bonnie dropped all at once in 2013 and it was the first time we saw the clip of that MV... Could be that she's just as confused with dates as we are

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rain Starry said:

thanks for the personal reception. I love Bonnie's songs. Does anyone know how to say she sings Britney's demos, "Sorry Adam" and "Love Is War" herself?

I believe Love Is War is demoed by Shelly Peiken and Sorry Adam seems to be attributed to either Hayley Steele or an artist called ELXXR. Bonnie didn't write these two, I think.

1 hour ago, Rain Starry said:

Is the song X That Won'T Let Me Go also leaked? I just found the live version. 

There doesn't seem to be a studio version unfortunately, only that one live recording. :yeah:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, low kii savage said:

Do u have a link/pic of it? I dived deeper into her IG and can't find anything :spy: But also wouldn't it be kinda off though, Breaking Bonnie dropped all at once in 2013 and it was the first time we saw the clip of that MV... Could be that she's just as confused with dates as we are

I don’t have it but I remember seeing on a fan account of hers too! I’ll look into it.

So what’s the truth of the breakdown at Epic? I’ve heard rumors that LA Reid was unhappy with American Girl’s performance and scrapped the project but I’ve never gotten the full story?

Was hoping Bonnie would’ve written a memoir or pitched a pilot telling her story by now….but who am I kidding?

I’ve always been curious because it seems strange to scrap a near-finished album with multiple videos shot because the lead single didn’t go Top 20. It feels like 2013-2014 was the tail end of that era where chart performance dictated everything.

So what do we know?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, BonnieMcChicken said:

basically from podcast and interviews over the years and just fans guessing. she has said he didn't believe in slay anymore so he scrapped the single.ep she asked out of the deal. and everyone agreed she went on her own. she said she was able to take her masters with her but released the bombastic ep. it has been rumored she just got the master back in 2020 but that i don't really understand. she released stars in your heart a song she wrote pre epic but re recorded during epic and released sleepwalker without re recording it as she said she may have to do. which was confusing also. the epic situation wasn't her fault in my opinion. la reid did her dirty. he wanted her to do katy perry numbers with one song out.

This is kind of what I’ve gathered throughout the years but didn’t know about the SLAY tidbit and what was recorded prior to.

It’s so strange given she was touring with Karmin and only had 1 song out.

Thanks for the explainer!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Rain Starry said:

Good night people. Does anyone have the songs Right Now (Dr Luke version) and Show Me Your Love that they can send me? grateful.

Those songs remain unleaked, and apparently they're not circulating, so nobody seems to have them unfortunately :( 

On 5/3/2022 at 5:10 PM, Ice Prince said:
  • Femme Fatale
  • Catch Me If You Can
  • Psycho
  • Dance or Die
  • DNA (?)
  • Battle Royale
  • Surrender (?)
  • The Rules of Attraction (?)
  • Terminate 'Em (?)
  • Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
  • I Dare You
  • Gasoline

Maybe those?

Also Bonnie’s version of Hold It Against Me.

• Like 1

Does anyone know if Bonnie had a song called ‘Rent’? She’s uploaded a video on Instagram ironically with the question ‘’How many unreleased songs do you have collecting dust on your hard drive?’’, and in the comments section there’s quite a few people referring to ‘Rent’ as though it’s recently been an unreleased leak, but I haven’t heard of that one or seen it on any lists 🤔

Edited by Aftershock088

• Cypher changed the title to Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)