Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)

Muri

1 hour ago, onewish said:

Just a question… this album was mastered and finished right? To this day, on Justin Hergett’s website, there is a Bonnie McKee album listed called ‘Bonnie McKee - Somebody’s Gonna Get Hurt’ where Justin is credited as a ‘assistant mixer’, alongside exclusively finished and released albums.

https://www.justinhergett.com/credits

just noticed gold by neon is in there could be just the song (SBGGH) it self?

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, onewish said:

I can live without right now. I will be over the moon if she actually releases an album. I only just wish my favourite song to be on it, I wanna fucking call you, I will never complain again otherwise :flush:

right now seemed to be the most forgotten one for me at least idk about everyone else?

So, i wanted to share the tracklist, that I'm using so far:

01. American Girl / 02. Hot City / 03. Waking Up Diagonal 

04. I Wanna Fucking Call You / 05. Rewind Your Heart / 06. Everything But You

07. Restless (I know it's not from the epic sessions, but it fits, i think) / 08. S.L.A.Y. / 09. Electric Heaven

10. Somebodys Gonna Get Hurt / 11. I Can Still Dance / 12. Stars In Your Heart

It flows very nice. I'm still not sure about the order of the first three songs and propably change it again when/if "new" tracks leak. I listened to the live version of Forever21 for the first time yesterday and wow, that song is amazing.

But I could live with this album and pretend, that this is "it". I ommited Jennys Got A Boyfriend, because the remix doesn't fit with the overall sound and the sample in the OG is just so annoying to me. 

Ah and I read the last few pages. Some people were writing about Bonnies music apart from the Epic sessions. She has so, so, sooo many bops. California Winter should be what All I Want For Christmas Is You is. Let's not even start about the Bombastic EP... HER MIND. Mad Mad World is the anthem that got away. And then her unreleased discography; Diamonds, In The Wild, East Side Boys (with miss fucking genius SOPHIE), Always On My Mind (!), Stud Muffin, Trash Television, Stay Lonely Get Paid. Most of it is fantastic and I really recommend everyone to look into her unreleased (and ofc released) material. 

I have to admit, that I know basically all her songs except for the debut album. I think I listened to it once or twice back it in 2013/2014 but I dont remember any of it.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Lukeb said:

Thanks for sharing this, I've used it as a guide to sort my collection. I've added some notes where I've put these tracks, but it may not be right. I have a few more not on list list too I don't know where to put.

Is Hush Hush really not Bonnie?

East Side Boy (feat. SOPHIE) - 2019
Hallelujah 2016-2018
Hasta La Vista 2019
Head On 2008-2011
Hey Alligator 2016-2018
Never Forget You (feat. Ava Max) - 2016
Stay Lonely Get Paid 2019-2020
Thunder (Demo) - 2006-2008
To Find You - Before 2014
When Doves Cry 2016-2018

Unknown

Catching Feelings

Déjà Vu

Light Up the Night

Trash Television

Sabotage

Word Up (feat. Trinidad James)

Boy Hangover

Restless

Moonlight

I Get What I Want

Legends Only

Poseur

Mine

Kick Your Shoes Off

I only listed what I have. Any chance you could please send me a download of the ones I was missing? 🙂

19 minutes ago, zaynphallic said:

I adore Bonnie, and have been a diehard fan of hers forever, but I think one of the biggest things holding her back is constantly comparing herself to her peers. She had a record deal, then lost it. She had a second shot, then lost it again (unfairly might I add). She had something to prove with the Bombastic EP, and it was actually wildly successful and incredibly polished for an independent release. But I think she really struggles with being independent. In her mind everything needs to be executed like a major label artist, because that's all she knows. And, unfortunately, she seems to second guess herself a lot. It would be easy to assume she's frustrated and has a fear of failing giving the experiences she's had as a performer in the music industry. Ultimately, I think that's why we haven't gotten these songs as part of an official release. She put her heart and soul into them and doesn't want to just chuck them out to little fanfare. It seems she's really been putting a lot of effort into TikTok as of late, so hopefully that will help her build some momentum. It's just unfortunate that she seems to "come and go" on social media and hasn't released anything (apart from a few features here and there) in ages. If she put out consistent releases since Bombastic, I really feel like she could have built up a huge cult following like CRJ. Let's get real, it's not because of lack of material. Bonnie is sitting on a goldmine of bops. I wish she would just let go of the idea of trying to be the next Katy Perry and believe in herself and her craft and consistently put out music independently.

I agree with you, and I feel really bad for her. She’s written TONS of number one singles for a-list artists like Britney, Katy, and Cheryl, but her own material has faltered and barely made a scratch on the charts. It has to be disheartening to release pop perfection like American Girl and Bombastic and have it perform poorly, commercially speaking. And then to have written so much material and know that it’s gathering dust in the vaults… it has to be tough for her. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, schami66 said:

So, i wanted to share the tracklist, that I'm using so far:

01. American Girl / 02. Hot City / 03. Waking Up Diagonal 

04. I Wanna Fucking Call You / 05. Rewind Your Heart / 06. Everything But You

07. Restless (I know it's not from the epic sessions, but it fits, i think) / 08. S.L.A.Y. / 09. Electric Heaven

10. Somebodys Gonna Get Hurt / 11. I Can Still Dance / 12. Stars In Your Heart

It flows very nice. I'm still not sure about the order of the first three songs and propably change it again when/if "new" tracks leak. I listened to the live version of Forever21 for the first time yesterday and wow, that song is amazing.

But I could live with this album and pretend, that this is "it". I ommited Jennys Got A Boyfriend, because the remix doesn't fit with the overall sound and the sample in the OG is just so annoying to me. 

Do we know for sure Restless isn’t from the Epic sessions? If not, it fits SO well and flows seamlessly with the other songs. 

• Like 1

• Cypher changed the title to Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)