Ariana Grande sued over "One Last Time"

Tweener

According to a new lawsuit, Ariana Grande's hit song, "One Last Time," sounds familiar to the song which came out 2 years earlier.
Songwriter Alex Greggs says 
he wrote and holds the copyright on the 2012 tune, "Takes All Night" - a Skye Stevens' song. In the suit, Greggs says Ariana and David Guetta - who produced "One Last Time" - duplicated the most memorable part of his song ... the chorus!
Greggs is a big fish, who's worked with Lady Gaga, Justin Timberlake and Janet and Michael Jacksons and says Ariana copied his music as well as lyrics, like "take(s) [or taking] you home."
He's suing for a cut of the profits from AG's track, a top 20 hit in 2014.
Check out 2 songs and be the judge!

tumblr_inline_mst9vyUNtL1qz4rgp.gif

21 hours ago, Tweener said:

According to a new lawsuit, Ariana Grande's hit song, "One Last Time," sounds familiar to the song which came out 2 years earlier.
Songwriter Alex Greggs says 
he wrote and holds the copyright on the 2012 tune, "Takes All Night" - a Skye Stevens' song. In the suit, Greggs says Ariana and David Guetta - who produced "One Last Time" - duplicated the most memorable part of his song ... the chorus!
Greggs is a big fish, who's worked with Lady Gaga, Justin Timberlake and Janet and Michael Jacksons and says Ariana copied his music as well as lyrics, like "take(s) [or taking] you home."
He's suing for a cut of the profits from AG's track, a top 20 hit in 2014.
Check out 2 songs and be the judge!

tumblr_inline_mst9vyUNtL1qz4rgp.gif

both One Last Time & Takes All Night Are bops!
SAMPLING NOWADAYS... :morning:

7 hours ago, GINGERGREEN said:

mixed feelings about this and about Demi's law suit, in both cases songs are similar only here and there, but not plagiarised imho

its nothing like Ed Sheeran's lawsuit where the entire freaking chorus (39 notes if I'm correct) was identical lmao

same sis! i can't believe Ed did that :morning:

Who is this Alex Greggs person? :stretcher: They're saying he's worked with Gaga but all I can find of him in my iTunes is a co-write on an unreleased Britney song and a couple of random ass Tila Tequila tracks...Mess. The song does sound kinda similar, but it's not like it's a hugely original chord progression to begin with, I'm sure there's a million other songs which sound the same.