Iggy Azalea Bullied By Hater at Airport

This is fucking rude tbh. :vacuum: Regardless of what you think of her music, I do think that she's a nice (if somewhat annoying) person and she's apologised for any of the bad shit she's said. This was uncalled for. :morning: 

Although, I was talking to @Dayfid about this yesterday and we decided that the guy was actually probably hired by Iggy to help her career. :stretcher: Seriously, all this girl needs is an Oprah interview or something where she can cry her eyes out and then the general public will love and support her again.

• YAAASSS 1

I'm not her biggest fan and I have a whole separate opinion about white rappers being praised for their 'unique abilities' while black rappers are targeted and oppressed for their 'skills'... but Iggy didn't ruin hip hop. Corporations in the early 90's run by old washed up white music moguls giving false hope to young black men by forcing them into fucked up record deals and having no respect for their craft and a desire to silent their voices while profiting off of their struggles is what ruined hip hop.

Hip hop was purposefully turned from black folks finally having a voice and expressing their fears and aggressions towards a society that, as the time, was VERY much against their success and existence to an overly sexual and violent genre designed to give black folks a chance to succeed while also perpetuating negative stereotypes as a way to counterbalance their cycle of oppression. If the early rappers made their own companies instead of depending on people who didn't understand nor respect their message, the genre would be completely different today.... and that's something Iggy had nothing to do with.

• YAAASSS 1

8 minutes ago, trayertrash said:

I'm not her biggest fan and I have a whole separate opinion about white rappers being praised for their 'unique abilities' while black rappers are targeted and oppressed for their 'skills'... but Iggy didn't ruin hip hop. Corporations in the early 90's run by old washed up white music moguls giving false hope to young black men by forcing them into fucked up record deals and having no respect for their craft and a desire to silent their voices while profiting off of their struggles is what ruined hip hop.

Hip hop was purposefully turned from black folks finally having a voice and expressing their fears and aggressions towards a society that, as the time, was VERY much against their success and existence to an overly sexual and violent genre designed to give black folks a chance to succeed while also perpetuating negative stereotypes as a way to counterbalance their cycle of oppression. If the early rappers made their own companies instead of depending on people who didn't understand nor respect their message, the genre would be completely different today.... and that's something Iggy had nothing to do with.

This is a very well thought out response. :)
Untitled.jpg

9 minutes ago, trayertrash said:

Hip hop was purposefully turned from black folks finally having a voice and expressing their fears and aggressions towards a society that, as the time, was VERY much against their success and existence to an overly sexual and violent genre designed to give black folks a chance to succeed while also perpetuating negative stereotypes as a way to counterbalance their cycle of oppression. If the early rappers made their own companies instead of depending on people who didn't understand nor respect their message, the genre would be completely different today.... and that's something Iggy had nothing to do with.t.t., Yesterday 4:07 PM

But the crazy thing is that rappers nowadays do have their own record labels, but the material has stayed mostly the same. :stretcher: Most of the rappers on Roc Nation or Young Money are rapping about the same things as Iggy or any of the other "corporate" rappers so it's not like there's a huge difference between 90s rap and 2010s rap.

• YAAASSS 1

6 minutes ago, Tweener said:

Copy-paste busted :mo:

I think it's because sex and drugs sell so they're going to stick to the same shit and make a living. Do you think Nicki is going to leave behind all of her fame, fortune and hit songs about hoes and asses to make an album based solely on the social struggles of being a black woman? 

3 minutes ago, trayertrash said:

I think it's because sex and drugs sell so they're going to stick to the same shit and make a living. Do you think Nicki is going to leave behind all of her fame, fortune and hit songs about hoes and asses to make an album based solely on the social struggles of being a black woman? 

Oops... Wrong quote:stretcher:

• YAAASSS 1

4 hours ago, trayertrash said:

I think it's possible to do both! It's just that we don't often hear about Nicki's more personal songs, like 'Autobiography' where she talks about her abortion or 'We Miss You' where she's rapping about her dead cousin.

4 hours ago, Tweener said:

Well I support white rappers

Cl54-grUsAAl-m3.jpg

tumblr_inline_ngr6jq6gAJ1ryrt58.gif 

• YAAASSS 1